Customize

American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by nameless, Nov 17, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

2. _You_ Member

Re: American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

Anyone need a good laugh?
  3. _You_ Member

You scare me dude...
  4. _You_ Member

5. A.Non Hubbard Member

6. Mister B Member

Well they are just trying to identify our leaders though A.Non

That comment made me think about the possibly of a "I'm not a Scientologist but...." shirt could be popular.
  7. basil Member

BBC story currently showing as "#4 most read story" on the site, just over 2¼ hours after it appeared. No doubt it'll rise during the day as it spreads westwards with the sunrise.
  8. _You_ Member

I just sent the digg link (saying it just went popular) and the You Tube video to the drudge report said that Sky News and BBC are reporting and nobody in the US is. I threw in tidbits about the coerced celebrity abortion and child labor for good measure.
  9. Re: American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

I like the reply. Hubbard had bipolar disorder.... This comment board is pretty empty.
  10. Belladonna Member

Cleveland Leader

Australian Senator Says Scientology is a Criminal Organization | Cleveland Leader

Australian Senator Says Scientology is a Criminal Organization
    by Leader Staff
    (more)
  11. Belladonna Member

12. _You_ Member

srsly this a less than "meh" item for the US media
  13. Belladonna Member

14. Re: American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

I would not be too discouraged by the American Media not jumping on this for two reasons. First, the American press is notoriously uninterested in political affairs that do not directly impact the American public. Second, you have to remember that this is not as big a deal to the general public as it is to people here. It's certainly cool, don't get me wrong. But as of now this is just a single Australian senator. Politicians make "unusual" or novel moves like this all the time. To the general public this doesn't register much more than, heh that's funny. So for that reason I would not be overly discouraged by a lack of press coverage. It doesn't mean that the media isn't willing to run with the story, they're just waiting to see if it looks like this will go anywhere.

I really do think this has potential though if for no other reason than to keep the recent flurry of media attention going. Who knows, this might eventually reach enough pressure to force David Miscavige to set up some sort of interview with someone in the press.
  15. Mister B Member

16. _You_ Member

It was on just now on CNN international, the show was "International Desk", a one or two minute segment. Allegations were named quickly, most of the statement by PM Rudd was broadcasted, the segment closed by a CoS statement saying they offered to contact Senator Xenophon months ago, he refused and they were going to answer specific allegations. When they announced they would report it soon the host said the allegations had gotten "quite a reaction" from the prime minister and then something like "Tom Cruise and other stars belong to the Church of Scientology. One australian senator isn't a fan." The issue of tax exemption wasn't mentioned in any way. No vid, sorry about that.
  17. _You_ Member

It was picked up by Drudge about 10 minutes ago.

Middle column, 11th from the top. It was highly retweeted.
  18. _You_ Member

the link mentions torture and forced abortions

It links to the times online story, that mentions revoking the tax exemption.

19. psychoutcults Member

I pooned ABC World News last night and mentioned Bashir.
  20. Belladonna Member

21. timthephoto Member

22. failboat Member

GlossLip - More Scientology Problems

More Scientology Problems… Just The Tip Of The Iceberg

Recaps the news from October leading up to this week's Xenophon and Mackey/Superpower lawsuit stories.

Reading it feels a lot like taking a victory lap.

23. Belladonna Member

24. Belladonna Member

25. failboat Member

Re: GlossLip - More Scientology Problems

yeah, i saw. raep my face
  26. Belladonna Member

Re: GlossLip - More Scientology Problems

Lulz. I never go to the Dome.
  27. Re: American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

QFT. The end of the cult is nigh.
  28. Belladonna Member

29. Re: American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

No!

1067684-do_it_for_the_lulz_super.jpg
  30. Relyt Member

The total end, or the end as in "in its present form"? You know they'll keep grasping at whatever straws they can find, and even if the organization is destroyed, they'll attempt to piece it back together under a new name. I just can imagine them pulling something similar to the "United Churches of Florida" like they did back in the 60s (?) in Clearwater.
  31. xenubarb Member

Heh. It made Daily Rotten yesterday. Yeah, I read that.
  32. _You_ Member

The down side of the First Amendment

Slowly getting mentioned here and there in some of the more 'out there' places.

I don't get why AP havn't picked up on it at all. AFP did, and there was coverage in many major UK papers and both major TV news channels. But it's starting to loose currency.
    \

Do eet!
  33. Belladonna Member

34. Relyt Member

35. _You_ Member

Whadaya mean? The American media is interested in
    Australian stories: Lost man drives nine hours to get newspaper - Yahoo! News
  36. iaxiloll Member

This is what the American media is good at. Really sick coverage.

French fuck defends his cult
  37. EyeOnSci Member

The CNN interview asked questions but did not argue the answers given. The line of questions were revealing tho' as were the nice images of NYC anons and their signs.

ITT, the rest of the world gets it.

The Scilon PR people are the equivalent of the Iraqi Information Minister.
  38. Laforge Member

39. JohnnyRUClear Member

Are you suggesting that part of our battle is to keep retarts out of jail for breaking the law?
  40. Re: American Media on Xenophon: Have they reacted?

[IMG]