Customize

AnonStillAlive.com 2010 Update Thread

Discussion in 'Projects' started by WMAnon, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: AnonStillAlive.com 2010 Update Thread

Awww...hippos, Baby and mama. So cute and vicious. Did you know that hippos are some mean son of a bitches? I almost got a leg taken off by them once.
  2. WMAnon Member

alright, easy mode is over. Volunteers for contacting cells that haven't checked in yet will be organized in the next couple of days. Post here or email stillalive@whyweprotest.net to join the harassment squad.
  3. xenubarb Member

GLIBBY FRONT AND CENTER! /R/ TUSTIN PIX!
  4. Cudgel Member

Been busy. Cincinnati is still alive. Decision on December date should be made soon.
  5. Anonymous Member

Question for the thread starter from one of the harassment crew. Say there's a city that was active at some point(s) in 2010, but then it fizzled out. Are you still looking for it to be included in this project?

I'm guessing you'd still want the photos from this city, so that they could be included in the video. That's because the video will mark where we've been (in 2010), right?

But as far as that city's contact information is concerned (I'm talking the website address and short info summary), we don't include that, right? Because their planning forum(s) are either stone-cold dead or nonexistent? And the AnonStillAlive.com website is about updated contact info, i.e. where things are going (beyond 2010), is that right?

Hope what I'm asking makes sense. If my assumptions are wrong, no worries, and feel free to clarify how you want the info collection done.
  6. exOT8Michael Member

I sent you 12 pics of Anon protests from Los Angeles/Hollywood from 2010.

Did you get the email ok??
  7. Hornet Member

Can i haz my video back plox...

OHHH and btw... nemesis did you send them an email.... i just did ^_^
    But i dont think i got the newist flyer designs :(
  8. Anonymous Member

I read somewhere that mosquitoes kill the most people in Africa. Can you imagine how big those sons-a-bitches must be?
  9. WMAnon Member

My advice for all cities in similar situations would be to establish a reliable contact method and send your materials anyway. Still Alive isn't just for cities that protest every month, it's everywhere where a visiting anon might be able to stir up the locals for a flash raid or a member of the press might find an anon to do interviews.

If you are in the harassment squad and you find evidence that a city was active and cannot contact any members, send in what you find and I'll see if I can dig up someone from previous contacts.

Sound good?
  10. Anonymous Member

That's a big 10-4, Good Buddy! Thank you for updating the list of cities' submissions, because that helps a ton. If it's not too much trouble, it would be nice if you continued to update it every so often so that we have an idea where we stand on this.

I'll be trying to encourage participation starting in the next couple days and especially picking up next week.

~~~~~

Is there anyone from Germany that wants to volunteer to help encourage submissions from all the active cities in that country? I'm hoping there's someone with a better feel on the local scenes there, plus I can't speak the language very well.
  11. Anonymous Member

Germanons have been contacted. They will be pestered again next week.
  12. Re: AnonStillAlive.com 2010 Update Thread

So, this is as "far as they go" (OPD). Humm.. I wonder under what law and/or regulation the videographer is violating??
    GGWW!
  13. Re: AnonStillAlive.com 2010 Update Thread

Yes, excellent. How do you propose to let people know about it?

I say this because in the media attention presently focused on hactivist Anonymous Chanology is always referred to, if at all, as something that happened in the past.

The Wikipedia page on Chanology hasn't been updated since November 2009. The page on Anonymous implies that Chanology faded away in 2009.

Project Chanology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anonymous (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  14. WMAnon Member

well, let's be perfectly honest here: there are very few cities that haven't experienced a sharp decline from Chanology's peak. Part of that is boredom and real life encroaching on lulz, but another piece of that is that many goals have already been met. More ex-Scientologists are willing to speak out than ever before, less books are being sold, orgs are shuttering and the media is willing to publish the truth without fear of insane lawsuits. It's hard to justify yelling at a building every month when most of your goals have already been accomplished.

That said, it would be good if someone could edit those wikipedia articles and add anonstillalive as an external resource link.
  15. Anonymous Member

Nashville has been contacted and should be sending picutes soon.
  16. AnonLegon Member

Denver won't make it this year, but I'm working on reactivating this area.
  17. juche Member

I sent pics for Nashville.

We do most of our planning on Skype. People can PM myself or Zonker for Skype info or any questions.
  18. Anonymous Member

Was there ever a Winnipeg (Canada) faction?
  19. Anonymous Member

Yep. It used to be nicknamed WINnipeg or Winterpeg. There were some cool people involved with them too.

Haven't heard anything from them in a good year at least, though.
  20. Anonymous Member

Not so sure about that, really.
    Yeah, a lot less copies of Dianetics are being sold,
    and fewer people are buying their 10th set of "Basics" on command,
    but then you've got:

• Blown For Good
    • The Complex
    • Scientology - Abuse at the Top
    • My Billion Year Contract
    • Hollywood, Satanism, Scientology, And Suicide
    • Deceived (One Woman's stand against the Church of Scientology.)

could be that more books are being sold, though I doubt they're going to do much for RTC's inflow.

Making local Scilons unhappy, shrinking their money flow, warning the local population are good and important things, and (for me, anyway) important secondary goals.

But the greater goals are
    • hurting the Beast.
    • Making the whole corrupt shitpile stop festering and start ossifying or mulching back into the soil.
    • Bringing DM to justice or at least knocking him off post so that some even less effective leadar will be left to staunch the flow.
    • Closing ALL the orgs
    • Scuttling or scrapping the Blue Asbestos deathtrap
    • Helping get people who are still stuck inside, and trapped, OUT.

Are we getting there? Some of it. Some parts quicker than others.
    Screaming at a building may not be the most effective strategy at this point,
    but if you have better ideas plz share.

I don't plan to stop screaming at buildings until:
    all the above goals are met
    or
    a better plan than screaming at buildings appears
    or
    im dead
    or
    ???

Realistically, RL will get in the way. It always does.
    But I have a lot of goals still not finished, and the threat of a new outbreak is not over yet.

thanx and <3 to all the anons and og and exes and martys and (lol) dm ;)
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

What about a map showing orgs opening/closing? Maybe something animated somehow, to chart our progress in planetary clearing. That might refocus people's energies toward helping close down the remaining potential trouble sources.
  22. Anonymous Member

^ I like the cut of this man's jib. Show a map or something of Scientology closures (or downsizes) because The Rent is Too Damn High for them to pay. Places like Oslo, those little shops in Germany, Minneapolis? NC? etc.
  23. Anonymous Member

The anon videos in 2010 showing Ideal Orgs (especially the new ones) as Idle Morgues shortly after all the fake opening gala's, imo, immensenly effective evidence to lurkers.

Hear it all the time that sci's think it must be just Their org/area that is destitute. These vids show it is worldwide Fact that it's all orgs.

A video is worth a thousand PR lies.
  24. Anonymous Member

Noted.

If anyone is around from the Peg, there is new blood interested in making waves.
  25. JohnnyRUClear Member

26. Anonymous Member

Well, this is the AnonStillAlive project, after all. As long as you're here, you might want to send in some sort of contact info for anyone else in the area who's interested. Sometimes cities go dormant for a while and then wake back up, but usually for that to happen, people have to be able to find each other. Often there will be a few people in an inactive city doing the &quot;Hey is anything going on?&quot; thing, and they leave because they think there's nobody else interested. Then a few months later, someone else comes along asking the same thing. So if you have a way to contact each other, you can get those first 2-3 people together, which gets the ball rolling.

Even if your submission is simply &quot;send an e-mail to ____&quot; or &quot;please post your interest on WWP and be patient&quot; or something, that's better than nothing. It might be a few months before you get a bite, but you'll have tried your best, and it takes minimal effort.

The other thing you can do is make a thread here in the Canada section of the planning subforum. I see there's already one for Winnipeg Wikileaks, but maybe you can get one for Scientology too.

Thanks man, we'll take the Portland submission from here (unless someone already sent stuff in). Cool photos there, looked like Jeff Hawkins (?) in one.

Also, lol:

3279473259_d9fed76866_z.jpg
  27. Anonymous Member

28. metgyre Member

what should i do for milwaukee? i am the only anon who protests scientology. the only pics i have of milwaukee protesting are from other cities. do you want me to send those? help plox
  29. WMAnon Member

Is there any way you can get a couple pictures of yourself by the org in the next week or so? That would be ideal. Otherwise, just send in whatever you've got and we'll try to sort it out on our end.
  30. Rockyj Member

I will post this early evening PIC @ Seattle protest.
  31. WMAnon Member

So, question for everyone:

With chanology sitting comfortably in its middle age and other worthy anon efforts starting to pop up, what would people think about including sections for other projects? Obviously not for DDoS movements and whatnot, but other legal protest and educational causes maybe? A lot of groups are already taking on secondary projects like Net Neutrality, ACTA, and Wikileaks.
  32. anonymous612 Member

Anonymous: in ur protest movementz, supplying ur caek
  33. Anonymous Member

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Heck, it'd probably be a huge boon to some of the other projects if they had some ways to contact one another, especially since several still lack homes or are just in the process of gaining traction.

I just wonder if it would be a good idea to keep the labels and goals for each point of contact clear, or even put clear lines of demarcation between each project. Especially since there are probably lots of people out there who don't understand that the anonymous thing is so multi-faceted. That way you don't have a bunch of people flooding in (e.g. Wikileaks rabble-rousers) to some local city's forum which is aimed exclusively at something else (e.g. trolling Scientology). If people or forums wanna multitask between projects, then awesome, but clearly stating each site's goals on AnonStillAlive would help prevent things from mutating into one giant and confusing chanology/ACTA/Wikileaks mushball.

P.S. Can we get the OP updated with a new List of Awesome (showing which cities have submitted which parts) before the final pushes?
  34. Rockyj Member

35. COREarg Member

I had just sent a mail about our cell here in Argentina.

Hope it arrives :p I gotta choke a mail
  36. WMAnon Member

I'll get on that update right now.

If the other movements go up, I would definitely want to keep them all separated at least by really obvious formatting on the page or on separate pages entirely. A big part of this from the beginning has been to make sure that each city gets to define how they're presented to the world, and I would never want to imply a city is involved with a movement that they aren't.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Rockyj Member

All Anon's are yummy!
    Guy Fawkes Mask's are sexy.
  39. Anonymous Member

Looking for info on Kitchener and Vancouver in Canada. Anyone know anything about the scenes in either of these cities? Contact link, basic summary, where to find photos, anything?
  40. jadedanon Member

Ffs, still?