Customize

[Apr 14, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for April (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Mar 30, 2012.

1. vdmk4.png

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology baloney in Chicago. It will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2012. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs and fliers we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, playing amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other Notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you will likely be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Note on location: the Scientology building is actually at 3011 N. Lincoln Ave., not 3017. I just had to punch in the latter so that the push-pin spot on the above map would show up the correct spot. Here's another map:

w8rqqv.png

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. So I'm assuming we'll be returning to the org, since we haven't been there in a while. Set it for our usual starting time. If you want to do something else, chime in and we'll hash out the details.

Otherwise, let's do this. Wogs at cause, feet on the street, makin 'em paper over their windows since 2008, derping it up like it's our jobs.

Nobody derps harder. Nobody.
  3. So this month, I wanna steal an idea that was done in Ireland some time ago. My plan is to ask you guys why you protest and what motivates you to actually go out there. I'm looking to keep the clips very short, like 1-5 sentences' worth or 5-45 seconds per person. Then I'll combine 'em all into one video. I just think viewers might find it interesting to see what personally drives people, or get to know us a little better.

Obviously you don't have to participate if you don't want to. But if you do, it would be cool. Your answers can be joking or serious, whatever.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Damn gonna be in Florida. Missed the last one too.
  6. I was thinking, I may do the Why Chicago Protests mini-project over the span of a few months. That way, if someone just happens to not be at this particular event, they won't be left out. I'd rather get responses from everyone I can.

Maybe we could do a Talk Like Hubbard month. Say something like he would, in his speaking style or grandiose manner or whatever. Bonus points for good voice imitation or interesting line or something.

Don't forget who made you famous, Mentos Guy.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SkunkSkirt Member

I'd be up for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Paladin Member

Then you can try to catch us next month. As long as there is an org in Chicago, we will be out there protesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'll do my best
  11. TALK LIKE HUBBARD DAY TOMORROW

"I've been married twice."
    [15 seconds later]
    "I never had a second wife."
    [giant, shit-eating, Cheshire Cat grin]
    (source)

GET EXCITED. OHH YEAH.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dra Member

I won't be able to make cookies (have a cold and don't want to pass it along). :(

I will be there though
  13. Paladin Member

Then you should stay home and rest. You protested twice last month. Take a break.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dra Member

I am feeling better, just don't want to take a chance on anyone else getting sick... Besides, what is more energizing than a protest :)
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

trufax
  16. SkunkSkirt Member

I can try to make some cupcakes. But it's really short notice, I might not have enough of everything.
  17. Up to you, but it wouldn't kill us to skip a month. I found when people are holding umbrellas and stuff that they're usually too occupied to want to snack on my stuff anyway.
  18. SkunkSkirt Member

Yeah-- I didn't have enough flour anyways.