Customize

Australia ABC - Four Corners (Preview and Article) Scientology: The Ex-Files

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by PodPeople, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PodPeople Member

Australia ABC - Four Corners (Preview and Article) Scientology: The Ex-Files

UPDATE:
    [SIZE="5"]Video, transcript and extended interviews:

ABC Four Corners 08/03/2010 - Scientology: The Ex-Files[/SIZE]

r525572_2950524.jpg

PROGRAM WEBSITE
    http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2010/s2837513.htm

ARTICLE
    by Quentin McDermott - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Scientology in the spotlight amid fresh allegations

VIDEO
    .... (place YT link here when uploaded)....

(the video is viewable if you click on the left top video in here ==> http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/special_eds/20100308/scientology/

Preview / Teaser Clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjfkVtA3NiA#

EXTENDED INTERVIEW VIDEOS
    Scientology: The Ex-Files (flash video player)
    Tommy Davis (13 mins)
    Liz Anderson (31 mins) 1985-2009
    Hana Eltringham Whitfield (23 mins) 1964-1984

TRANSCRIPTS
    Four Corners - 08/03/2010: Program Transcript

Tommy Davis interview transcript (part 1)
    Tommy Davis interview transcript (part 2)

BACKGROUND RESOURCES
    http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2010/s2839843.htm

LIST OF EX-MEMBERS INTERVIEWED
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Belladonna Member

Re: New York Times - Sunday Sunday Sunday

It is? Whoa.
  4. Anonymous Member

do you know what time?
  5. Anonymous Member

My bad! The article says senate vote is days away. Sorry
  6. Anonymous Member

The vote is tomorrow?

Alright kiddies, embrace for the WEEK OF WIN!

Any last-minute harpoons that need to be manned before the Senate vote? I think we have this covered, with a bit of help from Aaron Saxton and Today Tonight.
  7. Belladonna Member

Okay, thought you had some inside information.

"Days away" is better - NYT article (& ABC) sinks in, Four Corners airs... then vote? There's a fap for that.

________
    The Plain Truth
    God's Hand Behind Today's News
    The Plain Truth: Defectors Say Church of Scientology Hides Abuse
  8. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

wow...

What a fucking moron. WORD CLEAR "FREE"
    I still love you for your fail <3
  9. mongrel Member

Don't ya just lurve this doublespeak! Orwell would be proud.

So lemme get this straight Tommy. You're free to maintain contact as long as you leave too? Does that sum it up.
  10. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

It's like "Hey this guy here is free to walk out of this room, but if he does I'll punch him. What, nothing bad here to see, I said he was free to walk out! I'm just like that other bully down the street. Scientology works and it helps people"
  11. PodPeople Member

funny, checking my phone for that now. Haven't found anything on date and time of vote, only March 20 elections. anyone?
  12. Anonymous Member

Four Corners Preview and Article

Scientology in the spotlight amid fresh allegations - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Don't miss the video.

4 Corners will include:

13. Anonymous Member

re: Australia ABC - Four Corners Preview and Article - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Nice.

I know that they also spoke to other people, including anons when they were in LA.

I had to go to the bathroom, and passed them on to talk to someone else. Hehe.
  14. Anonymous Member

re: Australia ABC - Four Corners Preview and Article - Scientology: The Ex-Files

I was wondering if we would be able to watch this in the U.S., and I believe I found the answer to my own question.

I hope they paid their internet bill.
  15. Anonymous Member

Wow
  16. re: Australia ABC - Four Corners Preview and Article - Scientology: The Ex-Files

I would love Nancy to show up! She's great.
  17. Anonymous Member

I heard that there will be a video link posted on the four corners site that works in the US. The iView service only works in Australia so don't use that.

If it takes too long for that to appear I'm sure someone will put it up on youtube
  18. PodPeople Member

Since it will air 4:30 a.m. U.S. Eastern Standard Time, I think I can wait until I actually wake up.
  19. TypingChimp Member

Just reading the short article and watching the teaser made me cum. Can't imagine how amazing the whole thing will be. Wait... It's already tomorrow in Oz. COME, EVENING IN OZ, COME!!!!
  20. RightOn Member

"Their daughter Jordan, who left the Sea Org in February 2009. This will be the first time Jordan has spoken publicly about Scientology "

must add her interview link to the Wiki after we get a link
  21. re: Australia ABC - Four Corners Preview and Article - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Did anyone else notice the tiredness in Tommy's face?
  22. Anonymous Member

Tommy Davis looks like hell. I hope he's the next to crack.
  23. doz3r Member

24. re: Australia ABC - Four Corners Preview and Article - Scientology: The Ex-Files

Wouldn't it be nice if the guy actually snapped and realized the silliness of all of this.
    Beat me for this but if he got out of it and then attended ex-scilon conferences I would ask for his autograph because then I would think of him as a cool guy. But not now.
  25. mirror neuron Member

First time I ever actually felt sorry for Tommy Davis. Not so smart-ass in this clip--he looks exhausted, puffy, and truly unhappy. Wish he could just admit it and walk away from it. What a sad way to spend a life.
  26. PodPeople Member

Zing. Meant it was breakfast time (lol)! And yes, looking for Aus parliament to be next country, so ours will have harder time to keep ignoring. Lurv u guyz!

What I'd like to know is if Quentin McDermott has NY Times article quote where Tommy Davis admits to disconnecton to add a commentary note in the Four Corners airing?!
  27. Anonymous Member

Increase the viewers of this episode aussies, mass text your friends a reminder to watch it about an hour before it airs.
  28. PodPeople Member

Maybe Larry Anderson has a guest bedroom he could sublet, cause Tommy's momma wouldn't be letting him crawl back in the nest, would she. Yeah, Tommy's looking in very bad shape. I can't help wondering if DM isn't already in hiding. I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me that he'd allow Tommy boy to continue, like from months back.
  29. Sponge Member

30. Anonymous Member

What is the day time of Xenuphon talking to the senate about Scientology ?
  31. Anonymous Member

Or even mini flash raids at lunchtime with signs just saying

WATCH
    4 CORNERS
    TONIGHT!
  32. Anonymous Member

I agree, he looks tired of saying the same thing over and over. First thing I noticed too was the puffiness around his face.
  33. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

He doesn't need it:

Kinda like if Slappy would say "I never beat anyone. members are free to do things I don't like, but then they would be physically punished by me.
  34. PodPeople Member

"Church of Scientology spokesman, Tommy Davis, denies that the church has a policy of disconnection.

He says that members of the Church are free to maintain contact with relatives who have been expelled, but acknowledges that they would not then be welcome in the Church."

Ahh, I missed that particular Orwellian quote. No wonder his head looks like it's gonna explode like a volcano.
  35. the_cloak Member

I wouldn't count my wins before they are in. NY Times and ABC are big. Senate could vote not to do anything. It would still be a week of mostly win though.
  36. Skeptic1337 Member

I wonder if tommys trust fund is contingent on him being a culty.

Betcha it is.
  37. Anonymous Member

I think some of you have been here too long, I thought Tommy Davis looked "normal".
  38. Anonymous Member

I believe he really tries to show a way out of the entire disconnection dilemma: Everybody leave the Church.
  39. Skeptic1337 Member

He looks like he's aged about 2 years since the start of chanology. We're seriously taking a toll on him!

EPIC WIN!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.