Customize

BBC, Anonymous and Panda

Discussion in 'Media' started by xenubarb, Dec 10, 2010.

1. xenubarb Member

BBC, Anonymous and Panda

The Beeb is using Panda as a source for news about the DDOS in support of Wikileaks. Panda is, of course, a Scilon joint.

Huh...a Scientology based company calling us criminals. Who'da thought. Who'da thought the BBC would be using a Scilon company as an information source on Anonymous?

BBC News - Anonymous Wikileaks supporters mull change in tactics
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: BBC, Anonymous and Panda

If this person's bonnet is nothing special they should proably put more effort into it in time for Easter.
  3. xenubarb Member

You can contact the BBC here:
    NewsWatch | Contact us | BBC News website feedback

4. Anonymous Member

fify
  5. loltology Member

Xenu would you mind me also contacting the Beeb using your letter or would you prefer I wrote my own? Im at work and being lazy!
  6. xenubarb Member

Use it, mate! That's why I posted it. I write these, so you don't have to!

Flying Spaghetti Monster is Lord
    and CopyPasta is his prophet.
  7. grebe Member

I wish they'd use the term, "civil disobedience" more.

And I wish they'd replace "hacking" with "automated traffic."
  8. loltology Member

Yes a fellow pastafarian!!! When I discuss anything like this with mates they ask why I even bother reading about these things and why do I care... I have now found a place I can be accepted haha!

I copied it anyway and then sent a few shorter ones to add some weight!
  9. TheEmoAnon Member

Bravo Xenubarb with your compliant to the BBC.
  10. xenubarb Member

Go thou forth and do likewise. I, Lord Xenu, command thee.
  11. TheEmoAnon Member

Don't worry I intend too. I normally respect the BBC and what they say, however this time they have kindly shat on their own face. I for one have something to say about it.
  12. Anonymous Member

I thought that Panda was sold a while back to non scilons. Are they currently listed as a WISE business?
  13. LocalSP Member

From the Church of Scientology International - Human Rights Office Dated Dec 10th 2010

Case 1: Panda Software

Panda Software specializes in data processing security. A Scientologist founded the group, established in more than 35 countries. The company is one of the largest anti-virus publishers in the world and the unchallenged industry leader in Europe. Panda’s products have been tested by the leading experts in the field and rated No. 1. But excellence is no assurance of freedom from discrimination in France if the government does not like your religion.

The Ministry of Education has advised schools in France not to contract with Panda and to stop using its software, solely because Panda’s founder is a Scientologist. On May 3rd, 2001, an official of the Rectorat of Montpellier, a Ministry of National Education entity for the city of Montpellier, sent a letter to Colleges under the Rectorat’s jurisdiction in France. Tellingly, while the letter admits that the software poses “no danger”, it instructs colleges to cease using it: “Even though this material presents no danger in its present form, I am asking you to put it out of use.”

In the United States, Panda’s Chief Financial Officer testified on July 11, 2001, before the International Operations and Human Rights Subcommittee of the U.S. House of Representatives that since Panda became the target of religious and economic discrimination in France, the company’s third largest market after the United States and Great Britain, his French subsidiary operation suffered a devastating drop in revenue. This financial contraction has continued since, with the French company losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in the government sector alone in non-renewals of contracts and loss of deals.
  14. OTBT Member

15. Anonymous Member

So, this Panda thing isn't black and white?
  16. OTBT Member

Read the whole thing, end notes posted below

Possible infiltration of Operation Payback http

17. timthephoto Member

Yes, a company who's fortunes faltered when verious government customers noticed a clam was in charge,
    sold to Investindustrial - Industrial Solutions and Capital which has a number of 'charities' on their frontpage,
    whois of the first one Invest for Children shows mvicente@investforchildren.org as a contact which might be vincente martinez, a known clam from PandA

i'm always suspicious when anything to do with scientologists is covered in charities, so ^ might be me tinfoiling as per usual, but i might not be too
  18. Re: BBC, Anonymous and Panda

I spotted this too:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/332-wikileaks/pandalabs-scilons-tracking-anonymous-74503/

Pandalabs blog on the Wikileaks DDOSing:

PandaLabs Blog

We know that the happy cult have been doggedly pursuing the original 2008 DDOSers - don't kid me it was the FBI doing it all for the past three years. IF Panda is still Scilon infected, it makes eminent sense for them to have been helping out by monitoring IRC and trying to link the 2008 DDOSes with the present ones.

Anonymous are alerted anyway, job done.
  19. Anonymous Member

Are the statements inaccurate?
  20. Emma Member

Panda was strongly affiliated with the CoS in 2008.

Check out this June 2008 conference where one of the speakers was "Mr. Ryan Sherstobitoff of Panda Security".

Online Hate Crime Conference Confronts the Internet Safety and Security - Church of Scientology European Office for Public Affairs and Human Rights

Here is Ryan Sherstobitoff's Scientology completion page:

Ryan Sherstobitoff - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Also the CEO of eAgency Bob Lotter was a speaker.

Here is his completions page.

Bob Lotter - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project
  21. DeathHamster Member

Add together the shares of Panda and Sunbelt, and that's a lot of people depending on Scilon products for their computer protection.
  22. Anonymous Member

Fuck, Panda Security Suite etc. is just re-hashed/hacked junk as far as I've ever seen. A few years ago some of the better known geek sites tore a strip offa them and exposed a real lack of any R&D or origional thought on behalf of the core company, it was concluded at the time (around the begining of '08 I think) that their data bases are largely gleaned from existing others like Norton, Avast, and McAfee's, and buying out other old and outdated programs from failed or bankrupted sources and putting their name on it.
    hey, wtf did you expect from a Co. founded by people who follow a charlatan?
    Though they'd like to think highly of themselves, I wouldn't use their spam-laden viral shit it they paid ME!
    Opinion that stands to be corrected, I don't have the time or energy to go way-back to find research done on it, but am pretty sure its out there to find should anyone become bored and curious.
  23. Anonymous Member

IOW, wouldn't trust them as far as I could shit.
  24. LocalSP Member

Pooned the Beebs.
  25. Anonymous Member

Thanks, tubgirl.
  26. Re: BBC, Anonymous and Panda

bumped and pooned.
  27. Anonymous Member

Pooned
  28. BLiP Member

Its not just the BBC . . .
    Anonymous attackers ‘go public’ | Daily News
  29. Anonymous Member

Is it worth contacting John Sweeney? He made the Panorama programme about Scientology? here's how to get to him, John Sweeney, investigative journalist, the email form is at the bottom.
  30. Re: BBC, Anonymous and Panda

Poon launched. Thanks, Barb.
  31. gemmra Member

can i also use the letter couldn't put it better?
    g
  32. Anonymous Member

Fuck pooning it via the lame arsed feedback links.

Have some science:

Ms Alison Ford BBC Breakfast breakfastplanning@bbc.co.uk Editor
    Mr Tim Weber BBC Business News Interactive tim.weber@bbc.co.uk Business Editor
    Ms Helen Ffitch BBC Business Programmes TV bizplan@bbc.co.uk Planning Editor
    Ms Pamela Paryag BBC Events Unit pamela.paryag@bbc.co.uk News Editor
    Mr Paul Murphy BBC Internet blog newsonline.ukdesk@bbc.co.uk Editor, BBC Internet blog
    Mr Richard Banks BBC Introducing richard.banks@bbc.co.uk Editor
    Forward Planning BBC News & Current Affairs uknewsplan@bbc.co.uk
    Planning Desk BBC News 24 uknewsplan@bbc.co.uk
    Planning Desk BBC News Channel uknewsplan@bbc.co.uk
    Newsdesk , BBC News Online/Interactive newsonline@bbc.co.uk
    Mr Rod Mackenzie BBC Radio 1 newsbeat@bbc.co.uk Editor, Newsbeat
    Ms Karlene Pinnock BBC Radio 1Xtra karlene.pinnock@bbc.co.uk Newsbeat Planner
    Mr Robert Gallacher BBC Radio 2 robert.gallacher@bbc.co.uk Commissioning Editor
    Mr Mark Damazer BBC Radio 4 mark.damazer@bbc.co.uk Controller
    Mr Michael Wakelin BBC Religion & Ethics michael.wakelin@bbc.co.uk Head of Religion & Ethics
    Ms Louisa Martin BBC Research Centre Press.rd@bbc.co.uk Librarian
    Mr Jonathan Amos BBC Spaceman jonathan.amos@bbc.co.uk Blogger
    Ms Stephanie Flanders BBC Stephanomics stephanie.flanders@bbc.co.uk Blogger
    Newsgathering BBC Ten O'Clock News uknewsplan@bbc.co.uk
    Mr Steve Herrmann BBC The Editors the.editors@bbc.co.uk Blogger
    Mr Julian Joyce BBC Westminster julian.joyce@bbc.co.uk Planning Editor
    Newsroom . BBC1 ldn-planning@bbc.co.uk
  33. loltology Member

Thanks Anon, Im shooting them an email now!!
  34. loltology Member

Had one out of office reply so I know my email account isnt getting blocked instantly which is good!
  35. Anonymous Member

bump

misinformed article is still misinformed...and still up. bbc needs to print large correction informing it's readers of Panda's scientology links
  36. Anonymous Member

Scientology company Panda is still getting free publicity for their views on BBC website.
  37. loltology Member

I sent an email to everyone on that list and sent multiple complaints via the normal process and not had a reply :(
  38. Anonymous Member

Further up to date evidence that Panda is Scientology run

From scientology website bleating about 'human rights' 'religious persecution' :

Church of Scientology International Human Rights Office: France

Case 1: Panda Software

Panda Software specializes in data processing security. A Scientologist founded the group, established in more than 35 countries. The company is one of the largest anti-virus publishers in the world and the unchallenged industry leader in Europe. Panda’s products have been tested by the leading experts in the field and rated No. 1. But excellence is no assurance of freedom from discrimination in France if the government does not like your religion.

The Ministry of Education has advised schools in France not to contract with Panda and to stop using its software, solely because Panda’s founder is a Scientologist. On May 3rd, 2001, an official of the Rectorat of Montpellier, a Ministry of National Education entity for the city of Montpellier, sent a letter to Colleges under the Rectorat’s jurisdiction in France. Tellingly, while the letter admits that the software poses “no danger”, it instructs colleges to cease using it: “Even though this material presents no danger in its present form, I am asking you to put it out of use.”

In the United States, Panda’s Chief Financial Officer testified on July 11, 2001, before the International Operations and Human Rights Subcommittee of the U.S. House of Representatives that since Panda became the target of religious and economic discrimination in France, the company’s third largest market after the United States and Great Britain, his French subsidiary operation suffered a devastating drop in revenue. This financial contraction has continued since, with the French company losing hundreds of thousands of dollars in the government sector alone in non-renewals of contracts and loss of deals.
  39. Anonymous Member

40. Re: BBC, Anonymous and Panda

What I suggest someone does - and I'm afraid I can't, because I'm already known to most of the journos that would care, so it could potentially be a bit of an anon fail - is to put get in touch with The Register or a few other *tech* news sites and sell in a story using the angle that Scientology is attempting to take advantage of the wikileaks situation, to criticise anon and chanology, by scaremongering about attacks that will affect the public, and in doing so trying to raise the profile of their fairly crappy IT security company.