Customize

Chicago Scientology protest for February, 2013

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Read the rest of the messages in the thread for any updates and details!

3011 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago, USA

w8rqqv.png

Hey there! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a whole lot of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. For laughs, here's a blast from the past, an old message from a board called Topix. For a while, they had some guy spreading the gospel of Xenu:

j11dj.png

Oopsie, looks like they lost another one, though - word has it that he left Scientology!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. strobe Member

Was about to add this to the global list, but there's no date? (Guessing this used to be an Events page?)
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. The lack of date is by design... we're still collectively trying to figure out the best day for it. Usually we hibernate for a few weeks after each protest, so others might not check in for a while.

I'll get back to you, OK?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. skeptic2girl Member

Is the org he's referring to in this 2009 post, the one he speaks of being opened, the infamous would-be ideal org that still hasn't opened in downtown Chicago?
  7. Wonder what those Troubled Building incidents are about. Random people from the neighborhood hanging out inside?

Yeah. Sorry, I should've specified the year. He was talking about the Ideal Org.

I'm sure they will finish it... eventually...

They're just on the Super Power Building construction schedule, you know?
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. Anonymous Member

Sort of like Jewish Time, but this would be Scilon Time.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Paladin Member

If you click on the tab for Code Violations you will see the following in red.

Code Violation Text: Register vacant building within 30 days of it becoming vacant, or within 30 days after assuming ownership of an existing vacant building. (13-12-125(a)). Building must be kept in compliance with all vacant building requirements pursuant to 13-12-135. See Vacant Building Ordinance and registration form at https://ipiweb.cityofchicago.org/VBR

It looks like they were in violation of not registering the Ideal Org as a vacant building on 8/16/2011. It also looks like the Vacant Building Registration was issued on 3/28/2012 and will expire on 3/28/2013.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Quentinanon Member

I did not realise that Herdegen and Brieske Funeral Home was right down the street from the Idle Morg.
  11. Paladin Member

12. Quentinanon Member

Ah, I hate to see the Chicago osabots give up their basement bunker for vulnerable offices at the new Idle Morg.
    $250 will rent a PI for half a day. That's a lot of money. Ask Dominic how many plastic coloured pails it would buy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. We'd have to put it into terms he can understand. I think Domenic measures money in terms of blue dress shirts. So that's like 12 discount shirts.

Blue shirts are his favorite. And having a closetful makes it easy in the morning, cuz he doesn't have to decide what to wear.
    • Funny Funny x 4
  14. Awright, my friends... Here we go!

Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
    Time: 11 a.m. 'til we freeze (usually 2-3 hours, depending on weather)
    Location: Cult of Scientology, 3011 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago 60657

At the end of the demonstration, there will be...

41k4p.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. skeptic2girl Member

Are we sure he isn't a Smurf? Hmmm, I had been thinking of Smurfette and her closetful of little white dresses. Analogy may not work. Still, for Good, Clean Fun... if Dom was a Smurf, which one would he be?
  16. Paladin Member

Count me in. I will be there.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. MOOG Member

HAPPY CHANIVERSARY CHIANON <3<3<3
    PARTY HARD!! STAY WARM!!

IELwNv6.png IELwNv6.png IELwNv6.png IELwNv6.png
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1