Customize

CoS is flooding the PM's office

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Re: CoS is flooding the PM's office

No! This will appear impertinent UNLESS you're an Australian Citizen, and even then, probably, unless you're from their state.
  2. _You_ Member

I disagree with you on this, even if you are not Austrailan, or from the States, I believe these Senators must listen to the people!!!!
  3. _You_ Member

Was done already:

Ex Scientologist Message Board - View Single Post - Email Letters Needed ASAP
  4. _You_ Member

It's not impertinent to hold public servants to account. The cult has tax breaks in the uk ONLY because they have charity status in Australia. The Australian government indirectly costs the uk tax payer money.

Plus they are one of our little commonwealth colonial playthings.
  5. _You_ Member

(what's the States got to do with it?)

Listen to is one thing - but making demands that they reveal their thoughts to you, as a non-australian, or to non-australian media is just dumb, and doing it repeatedly

is likely to result in them not listening to you at all. Have some respect for their democracy.
  6. _You_ Member

7. _You_ Member

If you ask a minister a question, you want a reply. That's fair enough. Not rude, not impertinent or disrespectful of democracy.

The Australian Government influences tax status of the cult in the UK. The cult is subsidised in the UK because they gave it charity status in Aus. We didn't.

Therefore any UK citizen is completely entitled to ask senators where they stand on Scientology operating unmonitored and we are entitled to get a reply by whatever gentle, polite and persistent pressure we need to bring on them.

This is democracy and holding public servants to account.
  8. _You_ Member

I specifically said "their local newspaper". Why shouldn't their local newspaper journalist ask them where they stand ? See if their local and regional papers will ask people in their area how they feel their senator should vote on this issue.

Just because your not Australian or in Aus doesn't mean you can't help lobby on this.
  9. okiegirl Member

scientology reminds me of a man who lies about penis size. "why yes my penis is big!" ...why yes we have 30 million members, WHY YES, MY PENIS WILL FEEL GOOD IN YOUR....E3$#$@
  10. _You_ Member

Apologies - I misread as 'the local newspaper'

Totally agree with this! And have been myself. The only issue I had was in the asking for or expecting a response (if they're not your Senator) bit. Sorry if it seemed more than that.
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

Other than the bolded footbulletry, you're right.

In case you've missed it the first 84 times: THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE RELIGION(?) OF SCIENTOLOGY. It's about the BEHAVIOR of the ORGANIZATIONS called, collectively, "the Church of Scientology" or -- confusingly -- "Scientology". Do not get bogged down arguing about Scientology (the practice) as a religion or not, or whether it's a "legitimate" one. TOTALLY IRRELEVANT HERE.

Dox or GTFO.

.........oh wait.... :-p

<3 <3

Joo makum Chano-babies wif meh? ^^

Yes.

So much butthurt over this and arguing that Chanology pooning is totally not at all like Scilon pooning, nuh uh, completely different. Morans. STFU and do something useful.

They represent their constituents. Are you one? No? Then simmer down. If you go to them respectfully, they may listen, but that's not their job.

You've posted all of 5 messages here, and this is one? Heh. Yeah, I'd say you're going to fit in very nicely around here......................... just like my BIG PENIS.
  12. Intelligence Member

Dear Sir.. Prime Minister of Austalia

Scientology is the most EVIL, fraudulant criminal organization in the world today. I know this from personal experience.

Last month, people from two countries helped me escape from Narconon in Canada. I was held against my will. I was threatened with harm and death and I have been labeled an ENEMY, which makes me FAIR GAME.

They will now do any and everything, by any and every means to shut me up, but I WILL NOT. This Criminal, evil organization must be stopped.

How many more deaths and ruined lives will it take for governments to take a stand in the Name of Human dignity and Freedom.

Thank you.
  13. Olrik Member

Lurk moar! ;)
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

Cool story, bro.
  15. Re: CoS is flooding the PM's office

Leading with "EVIL" is a good way to ensure that nobody takes you seriously.
  16. _You_ Member

this moment in truth brought to you by lawl
  17. voiceless849 Member

If there's anything Scilons know how to do, it's write letters. They know how to astroturf like nobody's business.

Anons, however, are typically prevented from doing so because:

1) Letters cost money to send.

2) You have to buy envelopes, paper, stamps, etc. and write addresses on the envelope.

3) They are typically morally bound to not misrepresent themselves

4) No talking points already done up.

As an ex-staffer, I actually had macros set up in my computer to help me "bang out" the letters faster. Stuff like "wwltsu" becomes "We would like to see you" and "gbo" to mean "Get back on the Bridge" so that I could bang out my required quota of letters faster. (Yes, they quota letters out - it's a stat)
  18. Anon123456 Member

19. Re: CoS is flooding the PM's office

Points one and two yes. I don't think points three and four have ever been an issue however.
  20. _You_ Member

21. _You_ Member

I would respectfully suggest to you that the UK government's decision to recognise the tax status of an Australian entity is a matter for the UK government and that your question should rightly be directed to your own legislature.

Very true.
  22. _You_ Member

Dox or GTFO.