Customize

Edward McBride Suicide - A message from his brother Stephen

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by belfastlad, Nov 26, 2009.

1. belfastlad Member

Edward McBride Suicide - A message from his brother Stephen

Hi there...

It kind of defeats the purpose of me being anonymous when I'm his brother Stephen McBride (belfastlad)..

All rightey, lets get started... For people that are not up to speed, I'm the brother of Edward McBride who committed suicide on February 7, 2007 whilst he was in the Australian Defense Force (ADF) and an active member of the Scientology for 2 years. He was found electrocuted (110,000 volts) at a desolate power station at Everton Park, Queensland (Australia). He had just completed "Run Drug Down", "Happiness Run Down" and "ARC Straight Wire" courses with the Scientology and had just forked out (bank loan) of more than $20,000 for more courses.

I have just returned home from a press conference with Senator Nick Xenophon / Ben Brown at parliament house in Canberra.. Basically, I flew out 22nd Nov (midnight) and arrived in Canberra approx 8:30am Monday morning.. Went to Nicks office and had a debrief on what the days proceedings would entail. If you could imagine (being jet lagged as well) sitting in front of 20 reporters / tv crew and them firing questions at you, quite daunting to say the least. In all fairness to the journalists, they were quite tame and I thanked them for being respectful and remorseful. That afternoon (Monday 1pm), I flew back to Perth and didnt arrive home till 8pm. Basically, I was on the go for 24hours. A small sacrifice to pay, in regard to getting the truth out there.

Once the press conference was over, I then had a 30 minute tv interview with a current affair tv program (I wont mention which one, in case there are any Scientology spies viewing this post - they may get the lawyers involved to stop it being aired) - it will be aired next week on prime time tv in Australia at 6:30pm (I will also post onto YouTube, etc).

Since the 23rd of Nov, I have had numerous propositions for radio / tv interviews which I will be following through over the next 2 weeks. Not only here in Australia, but also back home in Northern Ireland and also in England. Complete and utter international exposure to make sure my brother did not die in vain.

Why am I doing this ?? Because I want to expose this cult for what it is.. That being, a complete and utter farce, hiding behind a "religion".. You and me both know, it ain't a religion.. Hubbard even said "If you want to make money, then start a religion".. Doesn't get any clearer than that !! Spoken from the horses mouth. After doing a wee bit of research on the net (Google, you can find anything if you know where to look !!), it is quite clear that Hubbard was a drug fueled schizophreniac that deals in dark arts of satanism (handed down from his dad). This twisted individual is seriously (insert swear word here) up !! Do a google search on 'Aleister Crowley'.. Hubbard even thought he was the Anti-Christ !!

For the past 2.5 years, my parents health have both deteriorated due to the loss of a son / brother - flying back and forth to the eastern states for army inquiries, etc. I lost a brother, my parents are ill over this and I have so much rage going through my veins it's not funny.. It is plain and obvious that my brother committed suicide due to the fact that the Scientology were harassing, badgering and even on the point of stalking him in the 48 hours leading up to the inevitable (RIP). 19 voicemail messages left on his PDA.. Decorated police officers listened to those voicemail messages and said they were "demanding", "forceful" and "intimidating" - you do the math.. My brother was forced into a corner.

Just want to really get this bad state of affairs out to the masses. The only way I know how to do that is through the following actions which I've done (this is the tip of the iceburg and just for starters) --- (1).. go speak directly to politicians (2).. have a national press conference (3).. Go onto a current affair program that will be broadcast nationally (4).. major news channel in the UK for a radio / phone interview..

This has reached global proportions, performing a simple google search on my full name and Scientology brings up page after page of news websites covering this story. It has reached the USA , NZ, Northern Ireland, UK, Taiwan...

The more exposure via internet / tv / radio / press that I keep pumping out in relation to Edwards connection to the Scientology the better..

I don't quit... never have.. never will.. I sure as hell ain't about to start when I have a brother buried 9 feet under that I'll never see again.. He had his whole life to live and that was taken away from him. He put his trust in the Scientology, they betrayed him. He opened up his mind to them, they broke him. He opened up his wallet to them, they fleeced him..

Have we the McBride's even received a card or a bunch of flowers from them ?? Nope..
    Any decent "religion" would even do that..

PS:- Oh and to the Scientologists that are probably on this site monitoring posts, etc.. Let me say one thing.. I will not rest until justice is served. You may have brainwashed my brother, but this is one person you'll have a hard time silencing. I'm one step ahead of you. I'm now in the public eye now, you don't think, that if anything should happen to me or my family "accidentally" people will be curious ?? "Possibly" pointing / investigating you ?? Last time I checked I was at parliament house / press conference.. You probably weren't expecting that - wrong.. I'm full of surprises and this is just the start.. Be smart with your next move, be very smart. I ain't nothing like my brother.. Belfast, Northern Ireland.. we know how to play (you do the math).. No I ain't paranoid or delusional, but scanning the internet for the last 2 years, gives me a very (pre)clear (sorry no pun intended - NOT !!) picture of what your "organization" is capable off.. You took my brother away from me and my parents and I will stop at nothing to make sure you cease to exist.. - This ain't a threat, it's a god damn promise..

www.aapimage.com.au/Search.as...&viewtype=Grid

www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2009/s2750634.htm

Regards,

Stephen McBride
  2. belfastlad Member

3. Random guy Member

Re: Edward McBride Suicide - A message from his brother Stephen

First: My condolences (for what they are worth).

The cult can only thrive in an environment where thy can silence their opponents. This is the internet age, a monster Flubbtard never anticipated. You are doing it right! Your brothers death will be yet another nail in their coffin!
  4. the_cloak Member

You are awesome for doing this for your brother and your family. I'm behind you 100%.
  5. TinyDancer Member

Yeah, Stephen, my condolences too. I have thought a lot about Edward and his story has had a lot of people talking about Scientology. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you and your folks not to know what was in those folders.

Naturally, anything we can do to help...
  6. CantPickaName Member

Goosebumps
  7. rof Member

I'm sorry you had to lose your bro to get to this point.

Rest assured the full faith and credit of WhyWeProtest is here to help you eradicate the cult.
  8. belfastlad Member

Hi there 'Random Guy' - thankyou for the kind words.. I only stumbled across this site today whilst at work (yep, using the internet at work for 'constructive' purposes !!).. I'm seriously so mad, you'd need 5 guys to hold me down.. They can hide behind their lawyers 'n' all, but this is one fella they're not gonna shut up. My parents dont have the strength anymore (pushing 65), so this is where the Irish (Belfast) in me comes out..
  9. Zonker Member

What she said.
  10. _You_ Member

PS Happy Staturday!

11. CantPickaName Member

After mass emailing the AU senators i got this reply from one of them mentioning your story

Dear ***********

Thank you for contacting Senator ******* about Senator Nick Xenophon’s calls for a Senate inquiry into Scientology and its tax exempt status, which the Australian Greens will be supporting.

In speaking about the proposal Senator *********has said as follows: "If the Scientology cult has nothing to hide it won't be concerned about an inquiry. There's a much wider issue here of religious conviction and the passage of money, large amounts of money." [see the following link: Brother wants answers on Scientologist's suicide - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) .
  12. Antagone Member

And you know there's folks back in Belfast thinking of you and your family :)
  13. _You_ Member

Your story is deeply saddening.

For me this is a good time to remember that we are campaigning against the actions of individuals not simply a faceless 'organization' and it's 'beliefs'.

Name them, shame them, stop them.
  14. Anon1720 Member

Stephen, sending much strength to you and your parents.
  15. q_p Member

First off, temper yourself. They may try to use this against you in the future. SERIOUSLY. I feel your pain but temper yourself so you don't give them ammo to use against you.

Secondly, RIP and my sincere condolences.

Third, if you can, try to trap them. Keep some kind of recorder with you at all times just in case you get evidence of them messing with you. I believe they have lost a lot of their teeth but be careful and stay paranoid. Going up against fanatics is unpredictable.
  16. Vir Member

Welcome to the site, condolences, and thanks for speaking out.

As well as Scientology attacking you, be prepared for "trolls" to make fun of you and trying to get a rise out of you - just pay them no mind and you'll be fine.

The occult and Satanism is certainly part of Scientology's roots, but it's not all of it.

I'd like to direct your attention to the Patrice Vic case in France. It's one of the times where Scientology leaders were actually convicted for driving a member to suicide.

Also posting Cú Chulainn in an epic thread.
    lancer.jpg
  17. _You_ Member

I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your brother and in the case of your parents, their son. It's great that you're going public and support the call for an inquiry. As to the link, I don't think I've seen it before. Will read and if good will probably spread.

I wish you success and inner strength to heal and fight.
  18. greebly Member

Nice to hear from you sir.
    Please keep safe and well.

Hopefully you may wish to join us on future protests, just focus the anger in a positive way.

19. _You_ Member

Stephen, I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. THIS IS WHY we fight. Know that your brother could not have found, in the entire world, a better champion for him, than his brother. Thank you for not being afraid to fight, to stand up and say ENOUGH. The cult has thrived for so long because people were afraid of them. We are not afraid...and YOU are not afraid. To the fucking clams who are still blinded to the true nature of the cult I say "Change is painful, yet ever needful" (Carlyle).

I do not speak for all Anon, but Sir, you have my sword!
  20. Anoniemert Member

Behind you all the way OP.
  21. Re: Edward McBride Suicide - A message from his brother Stephen

I have a little Irish in me and a lot of rage against this evil cult. It's the rage that keeps many of us going strong.

But I don't have a personal wrongdoing from these creeps, like you do and so I can't even imagine how you feel. Just know that I'm thinking of you and your family. And your dear brother.

Take good care of yourself. You are doing a noble thing.
  22. _You_ Member

23. RightOn Member

Stephen,
    Sincere sympathy to you and your family.
    I commend you on your bravery and your total awesome-ness.
    You are helping so many people by speaking out. Thank you!

Continue the fight in your brother's honor, and may he rest in peace.

Peace to you and your family.
  24. xenubarb Member

Scientology has taken so much from so many in its 50+ years.

Payback's a bitch, and the Karmanic Konvergence is upon them. I am sorry about your brother. I've met so many people who have been hurt/damaged by this cult. I won't stop until Great Justice is served upon these predatory, rapacious assholes.

swordisyours.jpg
  25. _You_ Member

I am so sorry for your loss Stephen - and thank you for speaking out.
  26. _You_ Member

And my bow
    archerfront.jpg
  27. sock Member

I'm sorry for your loss. But it's great to see you and your family fighting back and helping to shine a light on the organisation in Australia. Your brother's case was mentioned at a recent protest at the Scientology orgs in Sydney:

(at 4:57min in the vid)
  28. ultrapoet Member

Deepest condolences for the loss of your brother.

You'll find things a little rough and tumble here, but you'll also find a lot of support for your cause in bringing Scientology down.
  29. WTF Member

I am sorry for the loss of your brother.

Thank you for pursuing justice. As a result of your efforts, hopefully others will not have to endure the same sort of tragedy.
  30. anonymous1312 Member

Behind you all the way OP.

Anonymous, came for the lulz, stayed for the great justice.
  31. i'mglib Member

Steven, so sorry for your loss.

Keep up the fight to stop this evil cult. I know I am going to.
  32. amaX Member

To the cult: "Titim gan éirí ort." Translation from the Irish: "May you fall without rising."

Against all odds in this sometimes deplorable and oppressive heat and humidity of sunny south Florida, I have a shamrock plant that's survived under the shade of a rubber tree plant for about 5 years now. In the worst heat, it shrinks down to one tiny little shamrock that peaks up through the huge rubber tree leaves that fall like thin pieces of concrete all over the little shamrock. I water it religiously and it never fails to reward me in what passes for winter and spring here in Florida. It blooms.

It usually blooms when the weather turns off very cool. As anyone can tell you, it's not turned off very cool here yet. The shamrock plant had other ideas. This is what I found yesterday and just now took a picture of it:

bloomingshamrocks.jpg

As good an omen as any other.

I am sorry for your loss and I will keep you in my thoughts as you fight against this cult. Stay strong. Keep us informed when you have the chance.

[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]
  33. _You_ Member

Let us know if there is more we can do to help.

We're with you all the way.
  34. tazor Member

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.

You also have a lot of ex-scientologists behind you. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Rest assured. This evil cult is going down.
  35. _You_ Member

Just wanting to add my support.
  36. whoever Member

I was appalled to read about the circumstances of your brother's death. So glad to see you speaking out.
  37. anon555 Member

so sorry about your brother. unfortunately he isnt alone in being driven into bankrupcy and suicide by the cult of scientology, I am glad you are finally able to get the media attention this tragedy deserves.
  38. _You_ Member

If you need anything - just shout for back up.
  39. sharethetruth Member

Please Note ..the document that you linked to Stephen contains numerous times information on CAN... the cult awareness network that was bankrupted and is NOW CONTROLLED BY SCIENTOLOGY/SCIENTOLOGISTS. THEY ARE now a Scientology front group.. beware.

40. timthephoto Member

glad you found us Stephen, seriously anything you require or need, just post in this forum - i'm sure we will all help out as much as we can

i just wanna repeat someone up-thread, "CAN" the Cult Awareness Network - was oroginally anti scientology, but got sued to fuck by them and then their tradmarks and stuff got bought up by the scientology crooks - so DON'T TOUCH THEM WITH A LONG STICK