Customize

Eminem, Ice Cube, Korn and ANONYMOUS? video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nancy Beazley, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Nancy Beazley Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. amaX Member

Has a nice beat. Easy to dance to.
    <3
  3. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nancy Beazley Member

I think it's fucking hilarious. Middle-aged rappers rant against twerkers, the beeb, celebs, politicos. They high-five poor people, Anon masks, and mug for video selfies, closing with We are Anonymous. Expect Us.

Net worth of ...
    Eminem - $140 million
    Ice Cube - $120 million
    Korn - $45 million

Riiiiiiiiight.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Nancy Beazley Member

BTW, I noticed that Gregg Housh tweeted today, upon (I assume) first seeing this:

What the fuck is this?

Then he deleted his tweet.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. wolfbane Member

If you think that's bad, check out the the &quot;Actions &amp; Events&quot; list:

https://waveofaction.org/actions/

Words. I haz none. :confused:

occupy-practice.jpg

/facepalm
    • Like Like x 4
  7. This best not r3x fucking about again.
    WITP vs1.1?
  8. bAnon Member

I agree with his response. Sure wish you had 'dox'.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Nancy Beazley Member

I hate I refreshed the screen before I did a grab.
  10. A.O.T.F Member

Maybe he feels that the concept is being hijacked & bastardized, for personal whim and gain?

Maybe Gregg would like to clarify?
  11. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. FreakE420 Member

That was horrible,,,one of the worst mash ups I've ever heard. Two thumbs down.

Should be:
    Annoyingness
    Evict Us!
    • Like Like x 6
  13. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. A.O.T.F Member

So, Marshall wants to be one of us. TOO LATE! He's about as Anonymous as an elephant, on a London city bus.
    What we need, Marshall, is a huge suitcase stuffed with money, and delivered to Barret Browns defense team. That's what we need. Can you do that? And while you guys are at it .. How about organizing a concert for all of the political prisoners, being held in US Prisons. Do you really want to help, or do you want to just talk about it?

You have the money .. And we need some of it. Righteous guy would move on it.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. As ifness Member

• Like Like x 3
  16. Disambiguation Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nancy Beazley Member

What shit like this reminds me of ... hard to say this, but I'm gonna ... is big ole gold spray painted, styrofoam columned, laser lighted, straight up and vertical stat-ed, volunteer ministers everywhere saving everybody, screaming, yelling, hooting, hollering, etc.

Different styles. But #winning.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fishypants Moderator

This isn't by M.M. is it?

I assumed one of his videos had just been used as source material. Did I assume wrong?
    • Like Like x 2
  19. hasnulife Member

I hope this is repeated over and over and over until it's the only feedback the collective gives these artists until they do so. Splitting up a million dollar donation wouldn't kill them.

That being said, as they say any press is good press. These high level artists will inspire more bodies to attend protests and take part in political discourse. They didn't make any claims or threats on behalf of Anonymous in the video. I actually enjoyed the music even though I don't generally listen to rap.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A.O.T.F Member

Who knows? Maybe he did,maybe he didn't. If he did, maybe the real Slim Shady would like to step up and help? We have a brother sitting in a fucking jail cell, and he needs our help. FUCK! I'll take Marshall Mathers money .. Fuck! I'll take anyone's money, if it means that we can secure Barrett, a fair and just, trial.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. hasnulife Member

I really thought you were about to start soliciting felacio for purposes of releasing brother Barret. Maybe it was the repeated use of fuck.
    • Like Like x 4
  22. A.O.T.F Member

LOLOL :p
  23. wolfbane Member

Apparently it's a very well done mash-up of other official videos. I thought at first it was a collaborative effort by the actual artists, but I'm thinking now it's just a well-edited retread of material that was ripped off. Here's the original max-headroom Eminem vid:

^^Published on Nov 27, 2013 from Eminem's 'MMLP2' Album

I'm betting there is likewise an "original" version of the Korn and Ice Cube bits.

If my asumption here is correct - not truly a collaborative effort by Eminem, Korn & Ice Cube, then it's pretty damn disingenuous to put this out in a way that makes it seems like the artists themselves support the fkton of causes being lumped into this "Wave of Action" err... no "Wave of Transformation" umm... no, moar liek occupy-epic-fail-deadhorse-zombie-resurrection movement.

EDIT2Add: the fault may also lay with the misleading way AlterNet intially reported this (see link in OP). That was where I originally got the impression it was an official artist collaboration type deal.
    • Like Like x 5
  24. Nancy Beazley Member

I agree, Wolfbane. I too was misled. By which I mean I rushed to erroneous judgment. It's a mashup.

That godawful bad hack the Gibson graphic crap at the end should have been a big clue.

My bad.
  25. bAnon Member

It's a mashup rip off. Also LOL at using Facebook system for posting at that site. Way to be anonymous.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. wolfbane Member

A small correction - it was NOT just Alternet who misrepresented the vid as a collaborative effort by the actual artists. This is how it first hit the official @WaveOfAction twitter feed the day it was released:

WaveVid1.jpg

And on that David Degraw blog:
    http://daviddegraw.org/ka-boom-eminem-rides-waveofaction-music-video/

He blantantly spins it as an Eminem thing, conveniently leaving off the "new remixed video" blurb of the video's native description on YT (shown above) and jumping right to the fair use disclaimer portion of the description:

So my next question, who dafuq is "Digital Hip Hop Collective" and is that weasel words or an actual thing???

If it is not an actual thing, well then we have a carefully orchestrated lie with the intentional deception to infringe on the Artist's rights of ownership to their own name and completely rip-off their popularity by inferring that were willing involved with their branding be used to falsely promote support for this effort THAT DOES NOT EXIST.

Therein lies the real rub. Fair Use won't cover a 300% branding rip-off. That is a straight up scam that stinks of desperation. The Occupy movement was a colossal fail that morphed into a rather horrific thing when you take into account the allegations of rape of sexual abuse that went on in the tent cities.

And these dumb shits want to go and resurrect that colossal fail with a bigger, broader sweep of fuzzy objectives, which welcomes wackjob initiatives amongst the legitimate concerns with open arms. And they did so in a scammer way that paints a huge target on those artists for liability if something goes horribly wrong.

Yeah. I'm disgusted. I haz words now and they amount to this: STOOPID FKING IDIOTS GDIAF

And to be specific, it is the "aligning forces" bit in the initial vid description paragraph as well as this bit from later in the video's description I am calling bullshit on:
    If it is "artist supported" then they DO NOT NEED to rely on the transformative factor of fair use laws. They should have signed releases from all three artists, their record labels as well as "Digital Hip Hop Collective" (if that's a thing) granting them reuse rights if it truly is "artist supported." And if they don't have that, liars lied with the intention to deceive and flat out stole those artists branding.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. fishypants Moderator

beg to differ
    • Like Like x 4
  28. wolfbane Member

Heh. I agree with your differ to some extent. My mention of "very well done" was in regards to the deception of making it seem like it was a collaborative effort by the artists, rather than a well done fair use remix. So it was a very well done deceptive ploy to fool people.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. FreakE420 Member

I wasn't misled at all. At the first attempt to mix in the song from M&M to Ice Cube it was clear that this was done by a very untalented person. Has no ear for a beat. It's horrible and clear that these artist had nothing to do with this. Why anyone would spin it that way is beyond me.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. wolfbane Member

/bows

I have no ear for music and none of these artists are ones I'm big fans of. The only reason I recognized the Eminem tune is that I had noticed he did a riff on Max Headroom just like we did in "We Run This" when that song was a new release, and lol'd at the time that ours was a better vid. But even with the cog on that song, I still fell for the "artist supported" spin Alternet repeated. Fuckers should have fact checked that claim.

• Like Like x 3
  32. RavenEyes Member

WWP got a shout-out by Ortega in rawstory bit.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/19/anonymous-has-a-new-video-and-anonymous-is-not-thrilled/

• Like Like x 1
  33. A.O.T.F Member

Gregg :D
    • Like Like x 2