Customize

Exposé - Vancouver BC Scientology Headquarters…

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Night Owl, May 10, 2013.

1. Night Owl Member

During the December 2012 Vananonymous Raid in Vancouver, Canada, a threat to public safety was noticed (and photographed) in some structural integrity failures in the masonry.

This is in the rear of the cult building, about 10-12 feet above the street, at the lane way:

File #6-small.jpg

Masonry1-small.jpg

Masonry2-small.jpg

Suggestions of structural failure can be found in many places on that north wall of the cult building:

_MG_7618.jpg

Two days later, in the interests of public safety, this situation was reported to City Hall Building Inspectors as a public safety hazard.

The City Bylaws about buildings and public safety were quoted and these photos were submitted. At the time, it appeared that it was maybe possible to bust the cult for the situation.

File #5-small.jpg

The entire north wall of the building, as seen from the lane way, is in quite shabby shape.

Broken Glass Window2-small.jpg

Broken Glass Window-small.jpg

Ample evidence of cosmetic damage has been visible from the lane way for a long time.

North Wall From Lane.jpg

Following discovery of the gross hazard to public safety, I wanted to obtain better viewing of that entire north wall.

From the lane way, it is possible to notice minor disrepair and cosmetic damage on that wall, but a comprehensive view of the entire wall is restricted by the geometry of the city architecture.

Parkade street level (1).jpg

A few months prior to December 2012, I became curious about the parkade building to the north of the cult building. I wanted to know if it was possible to obtain access to the roof of that building.

For my great good fortune, Mrs. Night Owl possesses WOG Super Powerz in abundance. She suggested that I obtain a satellite photo of that downtown block. So, I did:

File#0-small.jpg

[To be continued...]
    • Like Like x 10
  2. RightOn Member

yep looks very dangerous.
    Question tho... I have been to Old Montreal, Toronto, Quebec and Vancouver. The buildings there are very ancient and many show disrepair. Are the safety codes in Canada a bit more lax because of the age of some these buildings?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Anonymous “Night Owls” Expose Vancouver Scientology - Canada cult | Examiner.com

By David Love

This is indeed an amazing story of a “dauntless, defiant, and resolute” couple who spent months investigating and documenting yet another crumbling Scientology building, this time in western Canada.

In breaking Scientology news today from Vancouver, Canada, Anonymous members “Night Owl” and “Mrs. Night Owl” have just completed a covert photo mission. They captured shocking images of public safety issues resulting from what can be viewed as negligent staff practices and a building that stands in a desperate state of disrepair and is visibly dangerous. Approximately 58 high resolution images were taken over several months.

Continued at www.examiner.com/article/anonymous-night-owls-expose-vancouver-scientology
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Night Owl Member

Lo and fucking behold! A parkade roof with vehicles!

400 cordova Vehicles.jpg

The presence of vehicles on that roof suggested that there was ready access to that roof, ergo, access to a comprehensive view of that north wall of the cult building.

To help you understand the geometry of the situation that will unfold in this thread, I provide this image:

401 w hastings Guide.jpg

In relatively short order, elevator and stairway access to that roof was located, without having to park a vehicle @ the rate of $5.00 an hour.

Early in January 2013, the City put up some barriers to help prevent pedestrians from being close to the wall with the failing masonry:

File #5-small.jpg

File#00-small.jpg

It was around this time period that Anonymous Montreal reported structural integrity failures at the Montreal cult HQ:

January Post Game Thread from Montreal:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ology-building-crumbling.108257/#post-2261297

David Love's Article in The Examiner about the situation there:

http://www.examiner.com/article/scientology-buildings-crumbling-montreal-toronto-vancouver-1

WWP regulars are probably familiar with the Toronto Org situation:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/toronto-org-in-stasis.103959/

An aside - late in December 2012, I took a drive down to cult HQ in order to see if the City had done anything about the hazardous, teetering rock.

It was pouring rain and I didn’t have a camera with me, so this is anecdotal.

There were two limousines parked in the lane way and a wedding party was lined up against the wall. It was a photography situation, while completely oblivious to the safety hazard above. All I could do was facepalm and drive home.

Jan.19th-2013-Raid-small.jpg

During the Vanonymous Raid in January 2013, two building Inspectors appeared. I had a brief conversation with them. The two gentlemen explained that all they were doing on that day was making an inspection and that they would be providing their supervisors with a report.

They had no information for me about how a private citizen could lay charges against the cult and further explained that the City can't repair private property. The City can only cite the owners of private property for having a safety hazard.

Chalk Mark-small.jpg

Early February, 2013, I took a drive to the cult building and noticed that a chalk mark has been placed onto the piece of masonry that appeared the most threatening.

As of February 27th, 2013, the big rock had been removed:

Feb.27th-1-small.jpg

IMG_2790-2-small.jpg

Early March, 2013, scaffolding appeared beside the building.

Raid Day-small.jpg

[To be continued...]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  5. Night Owl Member

The month of March 2013 arrives, and the gaping hole in the masonry remains, continuing to do so throughout the month, into April and now into the month of May:

IMG_2923-small.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

And now, the merry Month of May 2013:

May 6th 2013.jpg

May 6th 2013-2.jpg

The photo below is the very top corner of the wall with the severe failure of structural integrity below:

Top Corner-small.jpg

Here's a closer look:

Top Corner Detail-small.jpg

The photos below show a set of three eye-hooks, used to anchor electrical power lines. The top-most upper right hook appears to be losing its grip.

CRW_4528-small.jpg

Hi Res Eye Hooks-small.jpg

The photos below will show some severely damaged window sills:

cracked sill masonry-small.jpg

Sill Damage 2-small.jpg

[To Be Continued...]
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Random guy Member

Lookee, they've got their own little fern garden right on their window sill! How quaint!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Night Owl Member

The following set of photos show some examples of egregious mismanagement of confidential documents.

_MG_7464-small.jpg

_MG_7487-small.jpg

CRW_4533-small.jpg

_MG_7519.jpg

_MG_7484-small.jpg

CRW_4522-small.jpg

IMG_2756-small.jpg

The photos made with a 500mm Telephoto lens will not be shown here.

Although quite publically viewable from the vantage points used for this exposé, presenting those photos here would cross the line about doxing as there is need for extreme redaction. Until further notice, said photos are embargoed and shared only with confidential channels.

The following set of photos show an interesting situation on the roof of the cult building:

wide angle of roof.jpg

At the south end of the roof, an electrical extension cord snakes its way from left to right.

outdoor lighting circuit 1-small.jpg

The extension cord appears to be spliced into the outdoor lighting circuits on the left/east side of the building.

outdoor lighting circuit 2-small.jpg

Veteran Members of WWP may remember that David Love busted the Vancouver Org HQ for Electrical Code Violations in August, 2011:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/post-game-vancouver-vancouver-august-20th-2011.92610/

[To Be Continued...]
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Anonymous Member

Protip: Thumbnails are good and help people. Not everyone has lives in an area with fast internets.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Night Owl Member

According to information shared by David Love, outdoor electrical wiring must be housed in immobile metal tubing. A rubber extension cord will rapidly suffer the results of entropy and become a serious fire hazard.

wire 0-small.jpg

wire 1-small.jpg

wire 2-small.jpg

Apparatus2-small.jpg

Apparatus-small.jpg

Perhaps some kind of ventilation or air-conditioning system - electrical, no doubt!

During one of the most recent photo missions for this project, the west wall of the building was examined.

_MG_7521-small.jpg

It appears that one of the windows is used as a doorway to the floor below the roof and a ladder used for top-floor roof access.

_MG_7528-small.jpg

_MG_7533-small.jpg

A discovery was made of the cult's smoking lounge!

_MG_7477-small.jpg

I totally failed to get any photos of the scientologists yelling at that ashtray while they smoked cigarettes.

Smoking Lounge EDIT.jpg

[To Be Continued...]
    • Like Like x 11
  10. moarxenu Member

"The photos made with a 500mm Telephoto lens will not be shown here."

do_want_dowantdowantdowant.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Night Owl Member

Let us never forget; scientologists are the most ethical people on the whole fucking planet!

Those of you familiar with cult scripture will recognize this shit:

ENMEST, 1. property, energy, or space which has been rendered less useful by poor thinking. Time which is wasted. (*HTLTAE), rotten canvas, broken chairs, things which don't belong in the area, rubbish, etc. (FO 1973)

(Flag Order 1973 - and the Admin Dictionary definition for enmest.)

And this shit:

NEATNESS OF QUARTERS - THE PUBLIC KNOWS US BY OUR MEST -

A part of everyone's hats is keeping a good mock-up in people, offices,
    classrooms, quarters. Keep your desk and your mest neat and orderly. It helps.

And when you see things getting broken-down or run-down or dirty, fix them or clean them or if you can't, yell like hell on the right comm line.

You are doing the right thing to help the Scientologists, yelling like hell about their enmest on the right communication line.

Hubbard’s definition for MEST in Scientology’s Dictionary of Administration and Management:

MEST, mathematical symbol for matter, energy, space and time. Loosely, property and possessions. (HTLTAE, p. 121)

*(How to Live Though an Executive)

During the final photo mission, it was learned which of those windows is used for doorway access to the roofs:

May 6th 2013 (1).jpg

May 6th 2013-#2 (1).jpg

Mr. & Mrs. Night Owl (1).jpg

Oh, hai OSA.

I reckon that by now, you gotta be asking yourself… “…has the EXIF data for those photos been removed, or is it still in place? Or, if it is in place, has it been manufactured in a lab run by Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer or Squibb? If so, will the camera serial numbers lead me to cameras owned by scientologists in South Africa, Taiwan and Moscow?”

So you gotta be asking yourself, “…do I feel lucky?”

Well, do ya punk?

- Finis -
    • Like Like x 14
  12. moarxenu Member

On the Twitter I follow a very droll guy named Tristin Hopper @TristinHopper , who lives in Vancouver and writes for the National Post @nationalpost

YELL LIKE HELL ON THE RIGHT COMM LINE!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Samki Member

Wow! That's awesome Night Owl (and Mrs. NO). Great job. Question about the stuff you're not showing: Without doxing anyone, can you say what the documents taken with your 500 revealed? Is it totally confidential stuff?

• Like Like x 2
  14. wolfbane Member

That shit is mest'd up. Nice job Night Owls /APPLAUSE
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Night Owl Member

It is very confidential stuff! :)
    • Like Like x 6
  16. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. moarxenu Member

TEH SEKRIT PLAN TO CONFRONT AND SHATTER SUPPRESSION BY ANONYMOUS
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Night Owl Member

I don't think there is any laxness in the municipal legislation about public safety, but I am speculating.

David Love is much better versed in the various municipal legal realms than I, as he spotted this egregious violation of the law in August 2011:

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.jpg

These photos were taken at the August 2011 Raid by Vananonymous, a Saturday.

Before the following Monday morning, David Love had filed a complaint to the appropriate City Department, and about a week later, the illegal wiring had been removed.

This suggests that electrical hazard complaints are processed more expeditiously than hazards involving physical danger, but again, I am speculating.

The electrical situation I reported earlier in this thread is being sent to City Hall, along with the photos showing very shabby upkeep of that north wall structure.
    • Like Like x 7
  19. RightOn Member

BRAVO!!!! wow. what started out as a few loose bricks turned into a mega release of goodies!
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Intelligence Member

Published on May 10, 2013
    May 9, 2013: In breaking Scientology news today from Vancouver, Canada, Anonymous members "Night Owl" and "Mrs. Night Owl" have just completed a covert photo mission. They captured shocking images of public safety issues resulting from what can be viewed as negligent staff practices and a building that stands in a desperate state of disrepair and is visibly dangerous. Approximately 58 high resolution images were taken over several months.

Mr. 'Night Owl' --- you and yours did an awesome job over many months
    to expose this crumbling so-called church. Take a 'BOW' and have some 'CAEK' :) <3

• Like Like x 12
  21. RightOn Member

VERY nice!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Night Owl Member

Mrs. Night Owl always has my deepest gratitude for watching my back, and supplying sterling advice whenever needed. It wouldn't have happened without her and her WOG Super Powerz!

Mr. David Love did an Outstanding Job of coordinating the News events on his end - another Anon with WOG Super Powerz! <3 and {{{ BIG HUGS }}}!!!

Heart Sparkles.gif Heart Sparkles.gif Heart Sparkles.gif Heart Sparkles.gif Heart Sparkles.gif Heart Sparkles.gif
    • Like Like x 8
  23. Anonymous Member

Thetans are not afraid of lung cancer, neighbours, electrocution, and falling stones. They are your wog problems. We have no money to pay for the heating bill anyway, so who cares about a hole or two on the windows or walls?
    • Like Like x 4
  24. Random guy Member

:D
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. RightOn Member

gorgeous back drop by the way! WOAH!
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 3
  28. DamOTclese Member

How is this even permitted? Why have the local building safety agencies not closed this building down and condemned it? Do people have to die before the city gets involved?

We also see standing water on the roofing, we see fire death traps inside from stacked boxes... Bet you the plumb line tests of the walls show at least the North face is slumped.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Night Owl Member

I can't comment on other Canadian cities, but in Vancouver, necessity for improved safety for the citizens is often determined by a high body count.

Typically, a pedestrian-controlled intersection is only introduced after a large number of citizens have been killed at that intersection.

When it comes to issues involving public safety, the municipal politics is entirely reactionary, and only rarely proactive.

If part or all of that north wall on the cult hq building was to fall on someone and either injure or kill, there may be some actions taken, but I wouldn't place a bet on that.

Have a look at some of the handsome devil candidates for the upcoming Provincial Election:

JONATHAN-DIELEMAN.jpg molyneaux.jpg MikeBrousseau-Skeena1.jpg Bryce-Crigger-Nanaimo.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  30. moarxenu Member

I rather like Bryce Crigger's moustache.

1gi5l.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  31. SPRTT Member

Night Owls = BAMF.
    QED
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

Maybe not report the electrical violations and wait for the wiring to fail? Anyone up for a open-fire cookout? Hot dogs, marshmellows, gram crackers, and chocolate will be provided free of charge!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  33. And they say Night Owls do their best wotk at night (except when operating anonymously), very impressive covert daytime expose, Mr. & Mrs. Night Owl, Thx, well played............
    • Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

- THE PUBLIC KNOWS US BY OUR MESS -

Haven't these retards ever heard of a scanner?
  36. Anonymous Member

WAT??? Explain?
  37. SeenTheLight Member

It's a variation of the HCOPL of September 21, 1958, Theory of Scientology Organizations:
  38. Anonymous Member

Lol, Hubbard was queer enough over his...."MEST". Never mind a mess like this.

They can bury titanium encased stainless steel disks bearing Dianetics down in underground desert vaults yet show no sign of having a clue about managing those mountains of dead case files, crappy mailings and whatever little else the remaining org staff shuffles around these days in order to look busy?

They could fit everything they've got inside that building onto a thumb drive and be done with managing all of that dead weight once and for all.

They just don't bother, there's nothing in those files that is worth the effort.

Just a museum of useless paper. And cigarette butts. The world abhors a vacuum. There's just no way any of this can last much longer.
    • Like Like x 1