Customize

[Feb 11, 2012] Protesting Scientology abuses (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Jan 17, 2012.

1. You found us!

sphotothemattlindnercom.jpg

(photo source: Matt Lindner)

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology baloney in Chicago. It will be held on Saturday, February 11, 2012. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, lots of warm clothes, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs and fliers we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, playing amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Extras: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. You will likely be photographed and possibly videoed by the cult at some point.

Note on location: the Scientology building is actually at 3011 N. Lincoln Ave., not 3017. I just had to punch in the latter so that the push-pin spot on the map would show up the correct spot.

w8rqqv.png

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I guess we're back to Saturday for this one as per the agreement from last month's planning.

There seem to be some people interested in going to Millennium Park at some point. Maybe when it's a bit warmer, like in March or April, and possibly as a miniraid. I dunno, keep it in mind if you're interested.

Can someone else deejay for this month, just for a change of pace? All you need is some sort of music-playing device (MP3 player, iPhone, whatever) which can take a standard-size headphone jack, and MiniBoomBox will do the rest.
  3. Also, I'm thinking about giving this a go this month. Anyone else have the moxie to join me?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I bring da boombox and kick it old style, G.
    Translation: I will be most happy to obliege to your request of having musical esthetics at this festive, outdoor gathering!
    Also, Rubita says, "Hola."
    • Like Like x 4
  5. (E)leven a.m., sleepin' in late mornin'
    Barely got up, gotta go downtown
    Gotta have my 'net, gotta have psych drugs
    Trollin' everything, the time is goin'

Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
    Gotta get down to the PRO-test
    Gotta catch my bus, I see GUY FAWWWWKES

Kickin' it at the FRONT door
    Kickin' it at the BACK door
    Gotta make my mind up,
    Which door can I raaaaid???
    • Like Like x 3
  6. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
    THIS THREAD IS SECRETLY BEING RUN BY BANKERS

bankerthumb.png
    • Like Like x 2
  7. SkunkSkirt Member

I'll only sing along if we do this version.
    Maybe it'll make my ears bleed less than the Original.
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. At least it's gonna be good and cold again come this weekend, I hope!

Anyone who wants to go back to Millennium Park for March (NOT this month), talk to me at the protest, or at least send me a PM. Either way, please start letting me know soon so we can plan for it!
  10. Kevin Freeman Member

I should be able to hang out with you guys, but if you do any after-raid shenanigans, I might have to bail early from said shenanigans.

No word from Metgyre, so I assume he will not attend this month :(
  11. SkunkSkirt Member

I had to change to "maybe" because I may or may not have a family event on that day. I hope not. :I
  12. We so excited. Is it tomorrow yet?

For the love of Xenu, dress warmly in tons of layers, including plenty of stuff over your neck, ears, head, 3 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of gloves, etc. And wear boots to avoid getting trench foot. I think if it's not snowing, and we can keep dry, we should be OK.

If you can, try not to come too late, cuz I wouldn't be surprised if we have to cut it shorter than usual if it's really freezing, and I'd hate for everyone to be leaving shortly after you arrive.