Customize

[Feb 18, 2012] Anonymous vs. Scientology Rally (Toronto, Ontario)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Floozy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Floozy Member

Lisa McPherson's Birthday

2. Floozy Member

696 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario
  3. Anonymous Member

4. TorontosRoot Member

Why haven't anybody RSVP'd at all except me? Hmm..... Fishy. It needs to not be fishy.
  5. Pique Member

Bring friends. :)
    I'd join you if I were closer.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah, me too.

Curious about such a large, metropolitan city like Toronto. Perhaps the Chanology Juggernaut only rolled through the outskirts of the city? Vancouver still gets eight or nine Anons at every raid and the planning only takes place on their own site.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TorontosRoot Member

I wish toronto had more to roll with. More participation for great justice rather than just lulz alone. Lulz does get boring, but true-to-the-heart protesting and activism is what we need. Thinking about occupy, they are dedicated and just don't quit or fade out! :)
  8. Vancouver ran Occupy outa town but put up with a downtown camp site for several weeks.

Earlier this week, someone posted on the Vanonymous Planning thread for February that there was a a protest against police brutality being organized. Van Anons were "...meh..."

Of course, things have changed in four years. Van Anons told me that in 2008, raid attendance was upwards of 250 +!!! I've seen the photos!!! Wow!!!

Obviously, there was a lot of youthful enthusiasm, probably believing that one or two raids would take the cult down. When that didn't happen, many wandered away, not to return. The ones that remain certainly are committed!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TorontosRoot Member

I am definitely committed to ripping the cult's $$'s from it's pockets and saving the lives protest to protest, raid to raid. I won't be the last one to walk off the stage. :) I hope to keep the momentum going for years to come, until the cult's out of toronto and not allowed to set foot in the GTA either.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Anonymous Member

Lol wut.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TorontosRoot Member

We all need a combo and variety bro. Commitment! Activism! Love! Friendship, FUN!!! lol
  12. TorontosRoot Member

Almost forgot... HUGS!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TorontosRoot Member

I am going to likely be down there by 3 or 4pm, then I'll be off to another event. I have to get down and protest. Sign's ready, mask is, fractured pocketcam is too (cracked screen, but works fine, operates blind). Anybody else coming along? Anons? OP?
  14. Anonymous Member

On Friday or on Saturday?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TorontosRoot Member

EDIT: OP changed it to Saturday, so tomorrow it is at the regular time, 12-4.
  16. TorontosRoot Member

I'm drunk as of this moment. Normally I wouldn't admit it, but anons have to enjoy the moment sometimes. I did do. Silent 45 minute solo raid which resulted in 45 minutes of positiveness. Only 1 person didn't know what xenu.net was.

If I don't arrive between 12p and 4p, consider it an epic fail if nobody else arrives.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Durham_Anon1 Member

Won't be able to make it today due to not being anywhere near Toronto, but I'm thinking of those who are. Stay warm, looking damn cold out thar.

Hopefully I can get back out to ze org this spring.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Floozy Member

12:00 - 2:00

Hope as many people as possible can come out!!
  19. TorontosRoot Member

I am hoping to see you too! :)
  20. TorontosRoot Member

no... No... NO!! NO!!!!!!!!!!

A family member wants me to meet them at costco's at 1/1:30 pm and I also have to go to the bank in the morning. I guess i'll not make it to this one.:mad: Next week maybe? If anybody can show for this and link videos/pictures in this very thread, i'll be happy to check them out, even if not much happens or goes down. Floozy, do your stuff! :) Make a disappointed toronto anon HAPPEH! Thanks for understanding.
  21. Floozy Member

put on a toque, you'll be fine

free_316809.jpg
  22. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  23. TorontosRoot Member

That bender mask half-hat looks super cute!
  24. DeathHamster Member

York buses are running, got flyers, got sign.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. TorontosRoot Member

Bring back lulz and epicness. I'll miss this one but if possible, next week, if it can be squeezed in, I'll be there, or in March. I feel like I lost part of myself when I got the call to be at costco's by 12. Not 1pm like I was told by the one who wanted me and a few other family members to meet near it.

Happy protesting and cheers! I might have a cold one to it.
  26. TorontosRoot Member

Edit, duplicate post. Can't the connection errors happen another time? Also, posted this via mobile.
  27. TorontosRoot Member

Dammit, feeling dizzy. I doubt I'll be going anywhere at all today. Too risky to bike it out to protest without veering into the curb or into on-coming traffic, too risky to go to costco. Why does this have to happen right now of all days? :confused:
  28. Anonymous Member

Happy enturbulating. Don't forget
    make-your-own-hot-chocolate-10807.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  29. DeathHamster Member

Picket happened!

Floozy had been holding the fort since noon. Lots of snow north of Toronto, so the bus was way slow.

One anon and a million bts? No problem.
    Two anons and Debbie Cook "You've got mail!" sign? Now they're scared!

Mario had the blinds down within five minutes.

Pix later, having pint and sammich across from the org.
    • Like Like x 6
  30. GuyFox Member

Congrats!

Glad this actually took off. And seriously... Toronto needs some serious recruitment drive. Ask friends, and keep exposing the cult, outraged people should join you eventually.

Man, I SOOOO want to help out sometime this year, though it's one hell of a drive.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. DeathHamster Member

They apparently Do Not Like this sign. (Since Mario reacted so fast, I wonder if he's read the email?)

[IMG]

My printer was throwing hairballs, so I had do a quicky on paper rather than stick-on transparent sheets.

It looks like the air conditioners are starting to migrate from the vacant top three floors.

[IMG]
    ^^ that room stacked to the ceiling with paper has been like that for decades.

The rest of the pics:
    http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii2/MockerRule/TParty021812/

As usual, most people seemed to think that we were for Scientology. *sigh* The masks and "Free scam!" just weren't enough of a clue.

Next time, I think I'll have a sign that just says "Against Scientology".
    • Like Like x 5
  32. GuyFox Member

Imma borrow the you've got mail sign from ya =3

Expect to see it soon, much bigger and punchier =3
    • Like Like x 3
  33. TorontosRoot Member

Any videos? I'll make it for the next one if family isn't so demanding. I didn't tell the brother because he doesn't like activism and thinks it's stupid (closed minded ignorant one).

I could imagine the franticness of all those mice scrambling to close the blinds and shield out everybody from seeing it on the inside. Much lulz I see. NICE PHOTOS!!
  34. Pique Member

Morning cuppa, and a raid report to read. Sweet.
    Well done TOfags. Sure doesn't take many to shut them down!
  35. TorontosRoot Member

If it only took two, it might take ten to attract the media! But we'll need over 20 to make sure of it. Heck, if we had a good big one, I could (or anybody else) tweet or call up the media and tell them of a huge peaceful protest like in 2008.

If this can happen, it would be a great anniversary. It might even call an investigation INTO the cult's crimes, evasive tax status and many more things I can't even recall/remember.
  36. Outstanding, totally totally outstanding. I love it.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. TorontosRoot Member

Varry. Or nacro.
  39. its a long shot but if your still loking for people to join you im in mississauga ontario email me at troyricker@gmail.com just dont hack me if you know how lol
  40. TorontosRoot Member

I'm no hackor. I suggest sticking around here for flash raid plannings. You never know... :D