Customize

Front Sight Firearms Training - Lawsuit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Belle Boyd, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Belle Boyd Member

Front Sight Firearms Training - Lawsuit

I was reading one of the forums and one of the ads on it was for Front Site Firearms Training. I remembered reading ARS a number of years ago about Ignatius Piazza being a scientologist and owning this business. He was being sued because it was claimed he wasn't providing what people had signed up for. In doing a search at Google on Front Site, this most recent info came up at
    Front Sight Litigation

March 4, 2009
    IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN JOSE DIVISION

Stacy James, et al., NO. C 05-04532 JW
    Plaintiffs,
    v. ORDER RE: PLAINTIFFS’ REQUEST
    FOR JUDGMENT DEBTOR
    Ignatius A. Piazza, et al.,
    EXAMINATION; REFERRING PARTIES TO SPECIAL MASTER
    Defendants.
    /

Stacy James, William Haag and Michael Schriber initiated this action on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated (collectively, “Plaintiffs”) against Ignatius A. Piazza and Front Sight Management, Inc. (collectively, “Defendants”). Defendants operate gun training facilities in Nevada and Alaska under the name “Front Sight Firearms Training Institute” (“Front Sight”). Plaintiffs’ claims related to memberships purchased from Defendants that, among other benefits, gave Plaintiffs the right to participate in various Front Sight training courses. Plaintiffs alleged that Defendants engaged in fraud, breach of contract, and other violations of state and federal law in connection with their Front Sight memberships. On October 15, 2007, the Court issued its Final Judgment and Order of Dismissal in this case in light of the parties’ settlement. (Docket Item No. 142.)

Presently before the Court is Plaintiffs’ Motion to Enforce Settlement. (hereafter, “Motion,” Docket Item No. 152.) In their Motion, Plaintiffs seek the following relief: (1) An order compelling judgment debtors’ examinations; (2) production of Defendants’ financial documents; (3) injunctive relief relating to Defendants’ alleged violation of the Settlement Agreement; and (4) payment of the Settlement Claims Administrator’s fees. (Motion at 1-2.) Defendants contend that they are excused from performance on the Settlement, because Plaintiffs are in material breach of the Settlement. (Defendants’ Opposition to Plaintiffs’ Motion to Enforce Settlement at 5-6, hereafter, “Opposition,” Docket Item No. 158.) The Court addresses each issue in turn. (continue reading at site)

Just another example of "the most ethical people on the planet."
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Front Site Firearms Training - Lawsuit

and sure enough Front Sight was the banner ad as I was reading the OP

what a bizarre world we live in
  3. TinyDancer Member

The name similarity to "front site" is astonishing. I don't think this qualifies as a front for the CoS, just a business owned by a CoS member, so I'm going to put the thread in General Discussion.

Great pick up!.
  4. LolitaTrap Member

^ THIS ^
  5. FUCK Member

Re: Front Sight Firearms Training - Lawsuit

great pick up. ^_^
  6. NotMike Member

Looks like a sign from Xenu that this guy wants to be contacted to know more information about scientology. Anyone care to help him out?
  7. muldrake Member

This is the motion that got that ruling: http://www.frontsightlitigation.com/documents/Motion_to_Enforce_Settlement.pdf

tl;dr on it all is that Iggy Piazza settled the case against him for fraud and various other typical Scilon behavior, then tried to weasel out of it based on some incredibly bizarre claim that somehow, you can get out of the settlement by leasing your own property to yourself. (It really is that idiotic and on top of that, the settlement explicitly forbids him from leasing the property without court approval.)

Earlier threads/posts:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...-6-million-settlement-37108/?highlight=Piazza

I hope Iggy keeps this up. I'd like to see him behind bars. This litigation is just going to get funnier.

In the "It's a Small World" department, James Ware has some prior history with Scientology-related litigation. He once ruled against Keith Henson in a lawsuit against the IRS challenging Scientology's tax exempt status.

He's most known, though, for his ruling that Google did not have to turn over customer searches, but did have to turn over a random sampling of 50,000 URLs in its index to be used to test filtering software.
  8. Anonymous Member

you're a rather handy guy to have around

thanks
  9. Anonymous Member

Excellent...thx
  10. Anonymous Member

Here is another scam from a "scientologist" businessman:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

3-12-09

Anonymous
    anonymous@whyweprotest.net

Los Angeles, CA - In an exclusive interview with KESQ's Nathan Baca, Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis has confirmed that the leaked story of Scientology's origins involving an alien overlord named Xenu is indeed authentic, after years of dismissing the story as false.

KESQ has been progressively releasing stories about Scientology's inner secrets over the past five days, including Scientology's financial position, reports on Scientology's headquarters known as "Gold Base" outside of Hemet, CA, and the shady deal Scientology has with Jeff Stone, the board supervisor of Riverside County in California.

In the interview with Nathan Baca, Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis was asked about the story of Xenu, known to Scientologists as "Operating Thetan Level III", or "OT III" for short. Davis denied this at first, claiming that these are "claims that are forwarded by anti-Scientologists."

When Baca began reading a book written by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard that mentions the Xenu story, Davis became defensive, admitting that the story is indeed authentic. He then accused Nathan Baca of religous hate, claiming that a non-Scientologist asking about Scientology's core beliefs is an "offensive concept", and that Baca was "just forwarding an agenda of hate."

Past interviews with Tommy Davis have reflected poorly on the organization he represents. On May 8th, 2008, Davis claimed that anti-Scientology protesters known as "Anonymous" had sent death threats and bomb threats to Scientology "orgs" around the world. When CNN reporter John Roberts revealed that the FBI had told CNN that they had no reason to believe Anonymous was responsible for the alleged threats, Mr. Davis stuttered, and claimed that the alleged threats were being investigated by local law enforcement.

The organization is well-known for claiming threats of violence against itself. Paulette Cooper, the author of the famous critical book "The Scandal of Scientology", was framed for bomb threats by Scientology in an operation known as "Operation Freakout". This was revealed by the FBI after raiding a Scientology building in response to the largest domestic infiltration of the U.S. government ever ("Operation Snow White"), which was perpetrated by Scientologists. Scientology has also alleged that the BBC also has sent bomb threats to the organization.

The details of OT III are fairly straight forward. [insert TL;DR version of OT III here.]

There is also leaked material of Hubbard giving a lecture on OT III, as well as a hand-written document summarizing the Xenu story written in Hubbard's own handwriting.

Hubbard has instructed his followers not to mention OT III to any non-Scientologist who themselves have not reached the level. This is because Scientolists have to pay upwards of $350,000 to hear the story. Hubbard has also written that those who hear the Xenu story before reaching the level of OT III will die of pneumonia.

Anonymous is a collective of like-minded individuals that are currently protesting the abuses of the Church of Scientology. For more information, please visit Home - Why We Protest

Sources:
    KESQ News Interview: http://www.kesq.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1= 3543120&at1=News - Special Coverage&h1=Scientology Official Addresses Works of L. Ron Hubbard (3/12)
    L Ron Hubbard Audio recording of OTIII (Xenu Story): http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/HubbardOnXemu.mp3
    CNN Interview with Davis on May 8th:
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

14. Ogsonofgroo Member

Might as well point out the death by firearm of DM's mother-in-law, (apparently) a tough old bird with very long arms who allegedly was able to shoot herself a couple of times in the chest then in the head with a rifle. That story always makes me go 'wtf?'.
    Considering Co$ paranoia, end of civilization, Flubbernutz's R-45 crap (the quotes are out there), blah blah blah, it is not a very hard extrapolation to suspect some level of armaments. And I've heard through a reliable source (who use to hang out with the upper Co$ criminal echelons and has been on the run since the mid 90's, no shit, some good stories to come in the near future :) ) that the Wee Dwarf lieks guns too, imagine that!
    Oh, the guns at protests thingy, the guy playing 'Cannon' was a hired PI goon with licence to carry. Nice eh! Yikes!

Juts my small 0.02$ worth fer the aft.
  15. Anonymous Member

The scilons do have an interesting background in weaponry...

MORE good stories are good...
  16. Anonymous Member

Pahrump Valley Times - Nye County's Largest Newspaper Circulation
  17. btwyhad Member

18. lothar Member

You are an idiot, go read the like three threads covering this topic of the lady who shot herself. Either stick with known facts, like autopsy reports, or at least admit to everyone you know this is a lie, but you like spreading myths and sci-fi. Also, please see if you can make your sig longer. Needs an animated gif and about four more large font lines. I mean eight lines of random shit in multiple colors clearly isn't enough.
  19. the_cloak Member

Word has been around to avoid these guys on the major gun boards for some time. Glad to see them going under.
  20. tikk Member

Huge thanks for this. This is actually a great article, chock full of hilarious details, demonstrating the lengths Iggy will go to claw his way out of the legal FUBAR he's created for himself, mostly by transparent lies and postulates.
  21. Herro Member

Yeah, but rational thought and paying attention to evidence isn't as fun.
  22. DeathHamster Member

And no, he didn't ask for permission.

("Why ask permission? We are the authorities...")
  23. Ann O Nymous Member

This thread is fail.
  24. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hey go suck some moar eggs, what lie did I say? (oh do point them out, more than willing to eat a crow or three)
    All I said was it made me go wtf, and I'm not the only one. As for the reports and threads? BTDT inc. two autopsy reports. It is not me making assumptions here.
    Not so cut and dry regarding the Apollo 'suicide', that one run by ya?
    Are you trying to be a closet apologist or what?
    Meh.
    As for my sig, ya don't liek it don't frk'n read it! Ya gots a problem making one yerself?
    Lern to Sig.

XP
  25. NotSoAnon Member

The only question I have is "why did it take so long for the Federal Court to act?" He has had many lawsuits filed against him for his failure to develop the properties he sold - no water, sewage, streets, etc, and no houses as he promised.

His gun training was the only thing he had to offer, in the end. He defaulted on the housing development maybe five years ago, and it took this long for the court to acknowledge he had done his members wrong???

This, in my estimation, proves that the Scientology mantra of "get it now in any way possible, don't worry about the downside" actually works! God only knows how much money that Piazza has placed outside the country while he simply did not acknowledge his requirements for his membership in developing the land under his control.

Sometimes I wish I had the morals of a Scientologist or a criminal; better yet, a Scientologist criminal, with no moral compunction to do anything but run with the money. The US courts, and the Federal prosecution, seem to be years late and millions of dollars short in their prosecutions.

I believe that Piazza will get off with a slap on his wrist and having to surrender his 'available' money accounts and his 'available' properties. He probably planned well enough that most of his money and properties are under the names of his attorneys or false names.

I fail to understand my moral inability to do what Piazza has done, when I know full well how to do it. Piazza should be shot at dawn with nerf machine guns until he divulges he hidden assets.
  26. Ogsonofgroo Member

After reading the article I tend to agree. Seems liek they line their own pockets first before paying restitutions as per agreement/order.
    Knee -jerk thought is, they don't happen to be members of WISE are they?
    Dunno, too every-someplace else ta look-see.
    Tons of businesses fail all the time, every day. Other than these folks at one time had some dealings with Co$ regarding security at GB I don't see a whole lot of this being pertinent to the cause at hand.
    Just musing, nothing to see here.....

:)
  27. TypingChimp Member

I'm not so sure about that. I think he'll probably get assraep'd in court. Ever since Enron, the government has taken a very narrow view on this type of behavior, and if he has two pennies to rub together and a pot to piss in (unless he's a "guest" of the state), I'll be somewhat surprised.
  28. Re: Front Sight Firearms Training - Lawsuit

Well, we haven't found any hard evidence of it, but the two pet scilon Las Vegas Metro cops that used to harass us at raids were most-likely traind or took traning at front-sight. I'll have to look for the link, but in the 1980's (82? 84?) the Las Vegas Review Journal did an expose of an earler scilon attempt to infiltrate Metro.

A training school like Front-sight is the PERFECT vector for recruting potental LEO infiltrators ("Special IAS discount" "You gotta take this course, it'll help your comminication skills!").
  29. muldrake Member

His property is already in receivership. If they have to, to get the money out of him, they'll sell it off and give it all to the plaintiffs. If he was going to try to weasel out of the agreement in a way that worked, he'd already have done it. As it is, though, he completely fucked up and is now screwed. He probably won't get sent to jail unless he keeps it up, but that could easily happen if he does.

Anyway, here's the dox from the latest skirmishes. I don't see them up on the Front Sight Litigation site, so I grabbed them off PACER.

Iggy's response
    Order Appointing Receiver
    Order Continuing Hearing
  30. Anonymous Member

Piazza started his front-sight here where I live, the locals ran him out of town on a rail after a few years.
  31. Ogsonofgroo Member

What will become, at least I think so, in the near future, a great detriment to illegally gotten gains, is the pressure being put on various 2nd-3rd world gov'ts to start divulging banking info. Even the Swiss, with many years of history hiding money for people, are coming around.
    This must make soooo many criminals be shitting bricks, including Wee Davey, its only a matter of time before assets can be seized anywhere in the world in regards to criminal activity (including 'suspisions'). Add to this, direct culpability of directors and adherents...........hm, can't wait :D
    When the world's nations start to make it hard to hide 'nazi gold' (liek "where'd ya gits that gold boy?") it is going to make it so much easier to bring justice against many of the rabid criminal organizations (including Co$ upper management), that until then continue to squirrel (DM's fav word no doubt) away in off shore accounts and feeling secure that their 'retirement funds' are beyond reach.
    Money never has, nor will, buy good Karma when garnered from abstract intent/acts. And its sure fuckin' hard to spend in protective custody.
    Just an opinion.
  32. TypingChimp Member

Given his history in this case, I feel he may be completely incapable of not making it worse on himself. Therefore, I fully expect this schmuck to get sent to jail and/or prison. BTW, I know the difference between the two thanks to the movie Double Jeopardy. Gotta love Ashley Judd.
  33. DeathHamster Member

I think I'll put some Quattloos on the outside chance of an armed standoff.
  34. Re: Front Sight Firearms Training - Lawsuit

Nah, he's a white color criminal, I.E. a coward. I see him fleeing into the night before the hammer falls.
  35. muldrake Member

Apparently, the Front Sight litigation once again settled, about a month ago. The docket entry reads:

07/09/2009 204 ORDER by Judge James Ware granting 168 Sealed Motion; granting 193 Report and Recommendations.; granting 200 Motion for Settlement (jwlc1, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 7/9/2009) (Entered: 07/09/2009)

The document itself is sealed. Incidentally, Piazza didn't even have the balls to show up in person. He had to appear telephonically.

07/02/2009 198 MOTION to Appear by Telephone filed by Front Sight Management Incorporated, Ignatius A. Piazza. (Morris, Dana) (Filed on 7/2/2009) (Entered: 07/02/2009)

Apparently, the settlement involved taking down the frontsightlitigation.com site, which is now a spam page.
  36. DeathHamster Member

It changed to that parking IP address shortly before 2009/06/05.
  37. OTBT Member

Hmmm, here is a Front Sight special offer from last week.

Front Sight Firearms Training Institute Supports Second Amendment March

38. Sabrina Member

"Here is another scam reported last year, connected with scientology and businessman:

Rip-off Report: offshore-services.biz - thetabiz.com - thetaworld.biz John LOUIS SCAM OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY PANAMA PANAMA Thetaworld Corporation WORLD TRADE CENTER Suite 458, Apdo 0832-2745 Internet
    "

Not fair for the people in Panama. This company is only registered in Panama. Whomever talks to you is somewhere in Europe. The accent of John Louis sure doesn´t sound Panamanian. Or Anglo, for a name such as John. The address is a mail drop
  39. Sabrina Member

Not fair for the people in Panama. This outfit is somewhere in Europe. They are only registered in Panama. John Louis´accent sure doesn´t sound Panamanian. Or Anglo, for a name such as John. The address is a mail drop.