Customize

How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

http://www.experienceproject.com/qu...very-Week-(Note-To-More-Details-Below)/310143
  2. another123 Member

Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

^ 404'd
  3. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

The link is fixed
  4. Random guy Member

Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

I'd suggest go have a talk with the post office about it.
  5. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

Every time they send you something with a Freepost return address, use it to send them a brick.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

It's our little contribution to the next Ideal Org :)
  7. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

According to policy, they will stop when you threaten legal action. You already did that. So I don't know what you can do.

They might stop if you go to them in person and threaten legal action. Who knows they may try to handle you first. After all they have the tech and know how to win friends and influence people. Ha!
  8. SOJOA Member

Call the Idle org and give them the address of a Mormon church.....it will take care of itself from there.
  9. subgenius Member

1. Scan and post samples.
    2. Find a way to convert to energy: wood stove, fireplace, etc.
  10. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

But save any prepaid return envelopes. Stuff them with critical leaflets, or even a joint and send them back. Temptation is a bitch.
  11. COREarg Member

And that's how we start a new religious war. (?????)
  12. Anonymous Member

Before Project Chanology, I called the local org sending me crap all the time and asked them to remove my name from their mailing list. They didn't do it. I called them again and gave them my name, told them to remove me from their mailing list or I would return every piece of mail I got from them in person. They didn't like that idea. They removed me from their list.

After Chanology, they started a huge mailing campaign here. I started getting stuff again. Anything that could be returned on their dime was returned with info about the people being held at IntBase and asking where was Shelly Miscavige, urls to our websites, etc.

The other stuff was sent back "return to sender". Just keep sending it back.
  13. SOJOA Member

It would make our job easier. Plus mormons dont play around.
  14. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

Mormons v Scilons.

Whoever loses, we win.

The victor in that bracket faces off against the winner of Jehovah's Witnesses v Moonies for the World Cult Championship Title
  15. BigBeard Member

Notify them in writing you have requested several times to be removed from their mailing and call list, but they continue to send you unsolicited mail and make unwanted calls to your number.

Make it clear that if you receive any further unsolicited mail or calls you will be filing harassment charges with the State Attorney General's Office (http://www.atg.wa.gov/ContactUs.aspx), the Postal Inspector's Office, and the Federal Communications Office, with courtesy copies of the letter to those offices. If they still continue, file the complaints.

BigBeard
  16. wilson4268 Member

Well, you can't.

quick answer.

Or, grab a couple of samurai swords, and, well....
  17. Anonymous Member

18. willhaven720 Member

Serious answer...

Die.

But before you do (and I'm not telling you to kill yourself), send them a letter telling them you are dead and to file you as such. Then they stop.
  19. Anonymous Member

I like the idea of sending back anon flyers. I used to write CULT CULT CULT or STOP disconnecting families or other stuff on the stuff they send, and then send it back.

No more scifag junk in the mailbox.
  20. LocalSP Member

^^^That ^^^ & this: https://www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx
  21. Lorelei Member

Recycle your unwanted piles of Jehovah's Witness doorstep trash by sending unsolicited Sci-mail back to the cult with JW tracts inside.
  22. Anonymous Member

This works well in the UK:

Don't "return to sender", but forward the post instead. Nowadays, a stamp only covers the initial postal journey, and not any forwarding. If you forward it to a dying org (say, Plymouth or Sunderland...) all the Scilons get is a standard notification that there's an item with insufficient postage for them to collect. So they have to take a trip to the postal depot, where they get invited to pay to collect their own shit.

Rinse and repeat. They'll either take you off their list fast, or bring forward the day when they go out of business.
  23. subrosa Member

You guys are using the wrong approach. What you do to EVERY thing they send you is EVALUATE it. Give them a report on use of colors, typesetting/spelling, overall attractiveness, was it 'eyecatching' etc., and then SEND THEM A BILL. Presently $50 seems a fair price to help them evaluate the overall effectiveness of their mailings. Invoice every single one, and when you get enough together, sue them in small claims court. YOU CAN GET MONET FROM THE CULT!
  24. Anonymous Member

i watn a monet
  25. DeathHamster Member

If in the US, claim that you find their literature to be unwanted sexually oriented advertisements?

No, srsly:
    Unwanted Junk Mail
    ROWAN v. U. S. POST OFFICE DEPT. , 397 U.S. 728 (1970)

Getting Scientology blocked from sending "smut" through the mail would be a win of beauty.

(Scientology does want money to fuck with your head. Mind-Fuck Hookers, QED!)
  26. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

That will be epic win, until it gets overturned by the SCOTUS on First Amendment grounds. This Court certainly has no compunctions against overturning other precedents. Until then, why the fuck not?
  27. DeathHamster Member

Overturning SCOTUS' previous ruling in ROWAN v. U. S. POST OFFICE DEPT would re-open the door for sexual materials to minors through the mail. They might not want to touch that.

The long fight of SCIENTOLOGY v. U. S. POST OFFICE DEPT would be years of expensive foot-bullets. *ka-ching*bang*ka-ching*bang*ka-ching*bang*ka-ching*bang*...
  28. BigBeard Member

What I said back in post 15 actually works. You can get them on a harrassment charge if they continue to send you unsolicited material after being explicitly told to stop. Same with the unwanted phone calls. Even though you can't use the "Do Not Call" list on them because of their "charitable" status, once told specifically to remove you from their calling list they are required to do so, and they are violating Federal, and possibly State, law if they do not do so and continue to call you. And no, having some form of contact with you years before does not constitute an "on going business relationship."

BigBeard
  29. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

I thought of that after I posted. You're right that it would require a lawsuit, and you're also right that it's not a fight the CoS would want to bring. They don't have the resources or the intimidation factor they once had. If the IRS thing were being done today instead of the 1990s, I think it would not have worked out as well for them.
  30. another123 Member

another angle you can strike back is through their email spamming. I've never been on their 'rolls', but from what I gather, they're relentless once the get yours.
    There's a site KnujOn.com - The Internet Buck Stops Here, that collects and catalogs spam. Not who sent it, not who it's delivered too, but where it's sending you. Like the title says, they're following the buck.
    They tell the company to straight'n up their act. If they refuse, knujon goes further up the (internet) pipeline till they get a response. Would be nice if Scientology got on one of these blacklists (snicker) and couldn't find a registrar that would take them.
    But that's not going to happen till everyone that receives the stuff, reports it.
    You don't even have to sign up. Just send it to their drop-off address: knujon@coldrain.net. More info on their site.

Garth Bruen, the creator of Knujon, gives presentation on what Knujon does.
    google video -> Owasp5039 - Garth Bruen - Mal Spam Research
  31. Mark Cabian Member

This is also the best way I know of.
  32. Anonymous Member

Has anyone suggested a :

email_logo.jpg
  33. Cudgel Member

WTF is that?
  34. LocalSP Member

It's a postage box with a locking gas cap.
  35. WagTheWog Member

Doesn't everyone have a locking gas cap for their email account?

/
  36. Rockyj Member

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

Ever heard of return to sender?

37. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

That's still a meme?
  38. Anonymous9283 Member

39. COREarg Member

Use paper for:

1. Toilet Paper
    2. Recycle it to make nice paper sheets.
    3. Burn it for nice BBQ
    4. Use it as wallpaper on the house.
    5. Warp eggs,vegetables, bottles,etc.
    6. Use them as a small notebook near the phone. Nothing of value will be lost.
  40. Re: How Can I Stop Scientologist From Mailing Me Tons Of Stuff In My Mail Every Week?

You should use all the unused paper to create puppets for a home version of the climactic scene in "The Shining".