Customize

[Jan 12, 2013] Chicago Scientology protest for January 2013 (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Dec 26, 2012.

1. [IMG]

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a whole lot of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. So the 2nd Saturday in January, then?

Set it for 11 a.m. for now. We'd better do the warmest part of the day to keep from turning into icicles, ha.

If you're planning on coming, try not to show up too late to it -- we tend to run things shorter in the winter if it's really cold, and I don't want anybody to be disappointed that people are packing up to go only 15 minutes after they got there.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. anonymous612 Member

Technically the warmest part of the day is early afternoon. ;) Gives the sun more time to bake the sidewalks.
  4. Anonymous Member

You know we don't follow the tech around these parts
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

What is this "sun" that you speak of?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Oh shit - I wanted to be fashionably late.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. anonymous612 Member

Sorry, I forgot it's just a Florida thing.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Hot chocolate will most definitely be needed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nice shoes, StrongStrength!
    have fun.
  10. The only baking I'm worried about is our cookies. 2ymukab.gif 2ymukab.gif 2ymukab.gif

Actually, those belong to the lovely ladies here.

I can assure you, though, that my shoes are pretty awesome too.
  11. Hi StrongStrength!!
    Yum! cookies!!
  12. Paladin Member

It looks like the RSVP function has disappeared. So I will post my YES here.
  13. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Dra Member

I will be there ;)
    • Like Like x 1