Customize

[Jan 5, 2013] SACRAMENTO NEW YEAR LOVEFEST (Sacramento, Ca)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by rickybobby, Dec 11, 2012.

1. rickybobby Member

The Sacramento Idle Org needs 2013 Anon Love! Newbies welcome! If you haven't come out for awhile, now is the time!

TIME: 3:30 PM
    If you are new, show up closer to 4....

DATE: Saturday, January 5
    WHERE: Sacrament Idle Org
    1007 6th St. Sacramento, CA
    Across the street

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, suggestions and coordination.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

why does it say 11 Dec?
    hmmm?
  3. rickybobby Member

Ummm.... cuz somebody here is obviously less than competent..... ack!
  4. rickybobby Member

No it doesn't, you are obviously mistaken. Look again! See? I would never make a dumb mistake like that.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

hmmm,
    brb
    eye doctor
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. rickybobby Member

FYI: The edit button works.
  7. Anonymous Member

not when you post anonymously, it doesn't
  8. skeptic2girl Member

ooooh, thanks for posting!! I am very much there...
    ps: why on earth doesn't wwp let us post events which start on the half-hour?
  9. rickybobby Member

True dat. The event posting function went all wonky on my mobile device when I tried to put in the address, and due to the frustration I lost my head and didn't put in the time. I have made note to self to do it on desktop next time.
  10. rickybobby Member

Didn't you get the memo from Anon HQ? We aren't SUPPOSED to start things on the half hour. Grrrl, three laps around the pole for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Will contact other Sac Anons and let them know!
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. rickybobby Member

Awesome!
  13. Don't use the calendar/clock thing or you're stuck on whole hours. After you click Edit on the event details, move the cursor to the starting time and just type in what you want there.

At least, if I remember right, it used to be possible that way. Let me know if you can't seem to figure it out and I'll see if I can get you more detailed instructions.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. rickybobby Member

I'm on mobile, mostly, so stuck with a crippled interface. I'll try on laptop next time it's handy...
  15. Oh, that's not too far. Brain Storming.... ... ...

( ! )
    How bout twenty or so people, with the lead dressed as Nyan cat, the following a long trailing rainbow, blaring the Nyan cat theme music? Could work on other raids, too.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. anonymous612 Member

Reminds me of our longcat:

3354754596_5a3e53b4ba_z.jpg

Could do it easier than that, though. Stick a cat costume on the first person and then just make everyone hold strands of various colors of ribbon. Tie 'em around the lead's waist or something.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. rickybobby Member

OMG that is awesome.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. anonymous612 Member

The cat itself was a cheap felt, formed with...either a very beginner-friendly sewing, or just glued, I forget which. The head was stuffed. The legs had wooden dowels for stiffness. And you can't really see it, but to make it a usable Chinese Dragon thing, the body of the cat, starting at the neck, was attached to round metal frames to give the marchers something to hold, and for shape. I'd be willing to bet hula hoops would do just as fine a job, and make for a larger cat.

Anyway, it's way more doable than it looks, if you feel like buying enough cloth to do it. Careful with the legs, the wooden dowels can break.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. skeptic2girl Member

Interesting, interesting.

Hey, Sac Anons -- is the org in enough of a people-trafficked area to make an audience for a show?
  20. RightOn Member

GO SAC Anons and the Anon blackup!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

J street is a major one-way street thru downtown. Best exit to downtown from I5.
    3rd Street runs along side freeway. Org is three blocks from there. I think J Street is 4 lanes @ 6th Street (maybe 5.) Tons of vehicle traffic. Large mall across the road @ 4th Street.

Convention center down about 8 block from org.
    Sacramento State Home & Garden show at the convention center on the 5th from 10am to 7pm.
    http://www.sacramentoconventioncenter.com/calendar/eventInfo.cfm?repid=36046
    • Like Like x 2
  22. skeptic2girl Member

Super looking fwd to seeing Anons in Sac!
    Will bring chalk (for across the street), and - God willing - our Club Xenu SF dj.
  23. rickybobby Member

I will wear my dancing shoes! Maybe I could get that cutiepie young sea org man from behind the desk to come out and dance with me.
  24. skeptic2girl Member

Uh-oh, which cute sea org guy? Is there one in Sac?
    Or could you possibly be referring to the Ryan Gosling guy in Clearwater (she says, desperate to post some Hey Girl photos)?
  25. anonymous612 Member

I like how I forgot this thread existed until someone mentioned Gosling. I don't know how that works, but I like that it works.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. skeptic2girl Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. anonymous612 Member

Funny you should use that example, S2g, because I had this one waiting in the wings already.

If you come to Clearwater I will *personally* introduce you.

[IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. rickybobby Member

He was the guy behind the desk when I was checking the place out.

He's not really that cute. I was just jealous that we don't have a Ryan Gosling look alike here. I was postulating.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

30. rickybobby Member

31. Anonymous Member

32. skeptic2girl Member

hahaha -- yeah, it looks like maybe there's a misunderstanding (I couldn't get the posted link to work, but found the event listed on this page: http://weekendtodo.com/sacramento/sacramento-weekend-events-january-4-6-2013/)

rickbobby, is there a way to get in touch with the contact?
  33. rickybobby Member

No, it was an anonymous contribution. I don't mind the mysterious and amusing listing. Hopefully it will drive the curious to this thread, and to this link to learn more:

https://whyweprotest.net/anonymous-scientology/

34. MOOG Member

^ the fact that it doesn't mention Scientology or Anonymous is even better. it's all about LOVE.

35. Question Scientology, wish I could be in Sacramento on Saturday, but I'm only 13 and saturday is my 14 birthday, good luck to all who go, we are anonymous, we are legion
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  36. rickybobby Member

Happy birthday!
  37. skeptic2girl Member

[IMG]
  38. Anonymous Member

39. anonymous612 Member

I'm officially changing my birthday to January 4th.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1