Customize

London Protest 10th February '13

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Anonymous, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

In memory of Lisa McPherson, we will be protesting on her birth date
    - February 10 {1959}

1pm - 4:00pm - Dianetics Centre Tottenham Court Road
    * http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=68 Tottenham Court Road, London
    Anons will be traveling en mass to this location, getting off at TCR Tube station.
    Police prefer people to get off at TCR and walk up, or if you don't want to walk then Goodge Street Station, on the Northern Line, is right opposite the protest area. Check Transport For London for transport directions and information.
    The main thing is to be there. You can also help by bringing fliers, signs, cake, megaphones, cameras, friends and lulz
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Anonymous Member

Going for a Sunday?
  3. Anonymous Member

yeah, wheels were already set in motion before it got to me. It's symbolic - Lisa McPherson birth date
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

less footfall on TCR, I know, but, hey
  5. Anonymous Member

Were the wheels publicly set in motion? Is there a Facebook event or anything?

I do feel you're underselling the HOLY SHIT IT'S THE 5TH DAMN BIRTHDAY OF CHANOLOGY raid.

(RIP Lisa)
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

8. SeenTheLight Member

Neil Gaimain's sister

[IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. garlic Member

10. I'll be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    French fags will do it with style.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

:D so i make that six of us going and that's enough to close the shop

Does any one have any poster sized pix of Lisa ?
    (i know manchester got into to trouble for displaying autopsy pictures so its our turn now)

R.I.P Lisa
  12. Anonymous Member

13. I shall grace you with my presence.
    Someone bring music,i have plenty of leaflets.
    Also needs ceak.
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

But there's no such thing!
  16. Horseradish Member

Sorry can't make the date. (It's the one date in whole of 2013 that I have triple booked.)
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

BUUUUUUUUUUUMP
  19. Trollcannon is cocked, locked and ready to rock

Music = covered
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 31092454.jpg
  21. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Countdown has begun . . . . . .

6 days to LuLz

costume - sorted
    troll cannon - sorted
    flyers - sorted
    LuLz - sorted

see you next Sunday
  23. afternon Member

Bumpy bump!
  24. Anonymous Member

Newfags, ex-Scifags, Frenchfags, oh my.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. Yes, I know...
    Save us Xenu !
  26. getbeckyout Member

• Like Like x 2
  27. Deripunk Member

Hey folks, have just joined the forum and won't be able to make it this Sunday - unless we're meeting early at their HQ in the City?

I also wanted to let you know that the oblivious idiots at Hackney Community College have invited a Scientology Speaker as part of their Multi-Faith Event on 28th this month. Can we PLEASE do something?
    Apologies if this isn't the right thread for it, am still trying to get my bearings round here...
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

http://multi-faithevent2013.eventbrite.co.uk
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Deripunk Member

yup, that's the one. I've emailed already Jax Walker (who set up the event) a details list of all of Scientology's criminal activities, I've explained that their anything but a religion, but rather a criminal organisation - all I got was a lame response in the line of "It will be an ideal opportunity for you to address your questions and concerns to the Speaker who is best placed to do so." Bollocks! Am still fuming...
    I'll call the college, will insist on speaking with Jax directly on the phone or in person. Not having that.
    Any ideas folks?
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Interesting.
    Something could be planned/discussed irl on Sunday.
    But the previous talks given by clams at uni's/colleges has not gone well.
  31. Anonymous Member

I know, talk about win/win they present there, they have to answer pointed questions.

They get wind of Anons being present armed with pointed questions and cancel, no dissemination yay.

Personally I think it would be much more fun if they go ahead, what fun!
  32. Horseradish Member

Might also be worth chatting to the good folks at Inform, who have lots of background on the university campus activities of culties of different hues, esp in London.

http://www.inform.ac/
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Horseradish Member

Also speak to the student union, if there is one, or the NUS.

And how about suggesting to him to have a speaker from the British Humanist Association, or the NSS, both serious organisations.
    Instead of culties, obviously.
  34. Horseradish Member

Do the other speakers know they are sharing a platform with culties?
    The more sensible ones will probably loath them.
    Check out the Rev Sharon Ferguson:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Community_Church_London
    http://www.lgcm.org.uk/media/

Also:
    'Approximately 34 campuses in the UK have banned cults from operating on their premises, but the numbers of students being recruited is still on the increase as cults recruit members both on and off the university campus. Cult leaders take advantage of the fact that there is poor education about their methods and the effects of membership in mainstream society. As one university student said, “You wouldn’t know if you were being approached by a cult at all.”'
    http://www.headliners.org/storylibrary/stories/2005/cultsoncampus
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

Good luck with that.

INFORM are a bunch of cult apologists, who never met a criminal group they wouldn't take money from.

Eileen Barker is a particularly nasty piece of work. She rejects the concepts of brainwashing/thought reform/etc, has apparently failed to acknowledge that Deprogramming no longer happens, and spent seven years taking money from the Moonies in order to writer a puff piece about them.

Above all, she utterly refuses to criticise groups like Scientology for their outright criminality.

Her contemporaries are people like J Gordon Melton (who famously went on an all expenses paid junket from Aum Shinrikyo, and said they weren't responsible for the Tokyo subway Sarin attack. Except it turns out, they were)
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Deripunk Member

Gah, blimey. Thank you guys for all your input.

Horseradish, thanks so much for all the info. I can't seem to find any Student Union people at Hackney Community College so far, but I've escalated things already a bit by forwarding my initial email to the Principal’s office directly.
    Anonymous thank you too, there might be a win/win situation if a good number of us are there and more or less sabotage Pinchin's speaking-slot by information bombing it throughout and insisting he answers to those.
    Let's see...
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Horseradish Member

Gosh, that sounds just like a Scientology generalisation.

There are some very sensible young people working at Inform, including the super-knowledgeable deputy director.

You'll notice on the home page that the director post is being advertised (someone posted it to WWP too, a while back).

I think Barker has her feet up in front of a fire somewhere.

They have a mine of info which they are happy to share.
  38. Deripunk Member

...we could start already: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6W95999

Chose any department under: "1. Please select the Department responsible for you" and start phrasing juicy questions to Punchin-Pinchin.
    Enjoy!
    ;)
  39. Anonymous Member

Hey, if you've got a reason to trust 'em, go ahead. I think I'd quite like to meet this Deputy Director.

What I do know is that when some Anons picketed an INFORM event back in the day, they asked Barker whether things like Fair Game were justified. She just deflected the question with some BS about religious freedom.

She's not as bad as someone like Massimo "I suck Scientology's cock for fun" Introvigne, but her stated positions on the unreliability of ex-member testimony is the sort of bullshit that lets the cult use terms like "apostate" as a slur.

John Sweeney had it right: The cult gets away with an awful lot because of its claims to be a religion. And it's the so-called scholars like Melton, Barker, James R Lewis, Anson Shupe et al that fuel it. Their Ivory Towers can't protect them from the blood on their hands.
    • Winner Winner x 1