Customize

[Mar 17, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for March (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Four more years!

Groupphotosmall.jpg

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology baloney in Chicago. It will be held in Millennium Park on Saturday, March 17, 2012. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs and fliers we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging up the sidewalk, playing amplified sound, solicitation, or wandering around to protest in other locations (e.g. by the Bean).

Other Notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand in case we need them, and the park will be notified of our being there.

Note on location: our designated spot is normally at the western edge of the park, at the intersection of Michigan Ave. and Madison St. I will double-check that with the person who usually does the liaison work with the park - will post confirmation later.

[IMG]

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 5
  2. So like, it seemed through asking around that there was some interest in returning to Millennium Park on the day of the St. Patrick's Day Parade, and starting a little later than we have been, so that's how I've set things up for now. Feel free to plan, discuss, argue for changes, whatever - I'm not the boss of anyone.

There will be tons of people there because of the parade. I strongly suggest taking public transportation and leaving early to account for the inevitable delays.

Note that this would be a departure from our usual routine - it would be the 3rd Saturday of the month, and it would start at 1 p.m.. But that is subject to possible change - stay tuned.
  3. Darth Xander Member

We don't like change. But sometimes its ok.
  4. Calypso Member

My first public stand of the year. *revels in the thought*
    Per ususal, I can't wait!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Calypso Member

Maybe we'll get a moment on air since the local news will be broadcasting the parade?
  6. moarxenu Member

Greetz from Sanfagcisco!

NyanCinco01.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Talked to a couple people, and it seems like one idea is to start a little earlier in the day (like our usual 11 a.m.) to catch the big crowds going to the parade, but avoid some of the rowdy & drunken idiots that start roaming around in the early afternoon. I think this sounded like a good plan, so I've changed the start time to 11 for now, but please speak up if you have an opinion on this.
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the update!

I understand that we're cleared with the park for the 17th. There will be lots of police and security around due to all the parade festivities. And - do I really have to say this? - no drinking out in the park, please.
  10. there is a possibility i can make this...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Extremely important thread update:

• Like Like x 4
  13. i love how theyre all fat people ROFL
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Floozy Member

15. Darth Xander Member

SS, dude, you gotta get out more.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Paladin Member

^^^ THIS is the guy we need at our protests! I would pay this guy to protest with us at the org.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. g0bxr.gif
    • Like Like x 1