Customize

Narconon Warner Springs & Newport Beach name change

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Narconon Warner Springs & Newport Beach name change

Stuff I get sometimes:

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Narconon Warner Springs & Newport Beach name change

What sneaky bastards..

Anyways only two google hits, both are Narconon websites.

It appears from the New businesses registering their names in San Diego County (also known as DBAs)
    28-Jan-10
    SUNSHINE SUMMIT LODGE, NARCONON S CALIFORNIA, 35025 HIGHWAY 79, WARNER SPGS, 92086

It is mentioned in another thread:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-chat/narconon-playing-albion-mi-school-kids-again-61695/

Narconon Stone Hawk is now Narconon Freedom Center

Narconon Southern California, Inc., (aka Narconon Warner Springs)
    goes by
    Sunshine Summit Lodge
    Huntington Harbor House (??? no hits on this??)
    Newport by the Sea

From the Narconon California website (treatmentthatworks.com)
    * Sunshine Summit Lodge -- 35025 Highway 79 Warner Springs, CA 92086
    * Fort Collins New Life Center -- 1225 Redwood Street Fort Collins, CO 80524
    * Rainbow Canyon Retreat -- 17095 State Route 317 Caliente, NV 89008
    * Texas LoneStar Victory Ranch -- 17697 ABD Road Harlingen TX, 78552

(NOW REMOVED FROM WEBSITE)
    [strike]* Newport By The Sea -- 1810 Oceanfront Newport Beach, CA 92663[/strike]

Can't find anything about this Huntington House. It appears that this information is now ahead of Narconon opening this new facility.

3. Anonymous Member

So Narconon centers are going underground? HA.

This needs attention.

You can hide but you can't run, motherfuckers.
  4. Anonymous Member

Also interesting...

Google for
    300077AN

370087AN

So looks like they Liscensed Residential Facility and/or Certified Alcohol and Drug Program expired.
  5. Anonymous Member

Also from latest report:
    http://www.adp.state.ca.us/Licensing/pdf/Status_Report.pdf

Record ID: 440009CN
    NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
    262 GAFFEY ROAD
    WATSONVILLE, CA 95076
    Type: RES-DETOX
    Resident Capacity: 40
    Total Occupancy: 40
    Expiration Date: 12/31/2010

Record ID: 440009DN
    NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA-IOP/DAY TREATMENT
    262 GAFFEY ROAD
    WATSONVILLE, CA 95076
    Type: NON
    Resident Capacity: 0
    Total Occupancy: 0
    Expiration Date: 12/31/2010

090018AN
    NARCONON VISTA BAY - TAHOE
    586 GLORENE AVENUE
    SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA 96150
    Resident Capacity: 70
    Total Occupancy: 75
    09/30/2010

090018BN
    NARCONON VISTA BAY
    1364 RUTH HAVEN LANE
    PLACERVILLE, CA 95667
    Resident Capacity: 15
    Total Occupancy: 18
    09/30/2010

090005AN
    NARCONON VISTA BAY
    1364 RUTH HAVEN LANE
    PLACERVILLE, CA 95667
    Resident Capacity: 0
    Total Occupancy: 0
    09/30/2010

330085AN
    MARY'S HOUSE
    NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS
    27805 HOPPER ROAD
    INDIO HILLS, CA 92241
    Resident Capacity: 6
    Total Occupancy: 6
    04/30/2011
  6. Anonymous Member

NOTE: These new names are only dba for Narconon Southern California, Inc.
    * Corporations and LLCs in California file DBAs at the county level.
    * Corporate and LLC DBAs expire after 5 years.

Also, it appears the name change was based upon licensing expiring in recent months, or in the case of Newport they left the building.

From the CA SOS Corporation Filings... Note that Agent may just be a laywer names unrelated to scientology.
    Code:
    Entity Number	Date Filed 	Status	Entity Name	Agent for Service of Process
    C0683094	06/15/1973	SUSPENDED	NARCONON PALO ALTO	 
    C0720613	08/19/1974	SUSPENDED	NARCONON BERKELEY	 
    C0721886	09/06/1974	SUSPENDED	NARCONON SACRAMENTO	GARY W SMITH
    C1038662	03/11/1981	SUSPENDED	THE FRIENDS OF NARCONON	MARY L DAVIS
    C1654607	12/18/1989	SUSPENDED	NARCONON OF SACRAMENTO	RONALD SEVEROID
    C2397391	05/06/2002	SUSPENDED	NARCONON SACRAMENTO	KEVIN MAY
    C2477724	12/02/2002	SUSPENDED	NARCONON OF WEST HOLLYWOOD	SHERMAN D LENSKE
    C2516763	06/03/2003	SUSPENDED	NARCONON HOLLYWOOD 	JAMES STEINBERG
    C2742633	03/18/2005	SUSPENDED	NARCONON SAN DIEGO	DANEL C CARLTON
    C2742632	03/18/2005	SUSPENDED	NARCONON LOS ANGELES	HELENA K KOHRIN

C0598820	05/20/1970	ACTIVE	NARCONON INTERNATIONAL	SHERMAN D LENSKE
    C1570562	10/15/1990	ACTIVE	NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA	HELENA KOBRIN
    C1765679	06/22/1995	ACTIVE	FRIENDS OF NARCONON INTL.	ROBERT HERNANDEZ
    C2213359	02/23/2000	ACTIVE	NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA	ARTHUR B. HADDRILL
    C2186790	03/03/2000	ACTIVE	NARCONON DRUG PREVENTION & EDUCATION, INC.	SIGAL ADINI
    C2712068	12/23/2004	ACTIVE	NARCONON WESTERN UNITED STATES	HELENA K. KOBRIN
    C2843726	09/27/2006	ACTIVE	NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS	TIFFANY PHARMER

From Orange County website:
    Code:
    Registration Number: 20046008399	
    Business Owner: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Business Name: NARCONON NEWPORT BEACH	
    File Date: 11/22/2004	
    Expire Date: 11/22/2009	

Registration Number: 20106222051	
    Business Owner: Narconon Southern California
    Business Name: Huntington Harbor House	
    File Date: 02/26/2010	
    Expire Date: 02/26/2015	

What the above means is that Newport Beach would have been operating with expired DBA. See if you faggots weren't such failtards you could have discovered this and went for treatment and been able to sue them and win a default judgement against them for operating without a county registered business. But you guys are so fucking lame, you can't even pull up planning permits for your local Ideal Orgs, or even check on the DBA's or corporate fillings. This battle could be waged much more intelligently.
  7. anonhuff Member

Know any lawyerfag boards the above information could be posted to?

Anyone that attended narconon newport beach between 11/23/09 and 2/26/10 should have the above apply right? Doesn't have to be a ninja-anon that sneaks in during the timeframe where their business license was not active, the magic of scientology is they don't care what laws they break or upon whom they break them.
  8. Anonymous Member

No.. you are wrong.. If you happen to be in a coffee shop that has no business license, you could trip and hurt yourself and sue them and get a default judgement.

If you were at Newport Beach facility during the elapsed time period and filed a suit in court, I'm pretty sure you could have won a default judgment.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not encouraging anyone to file any lawsuits. Just speaking hypothetically.

We also don't know if they were even operating in this timeframe.

I do wonder why they didn't re-new their facility licensing with the state, nor their DBA with the county and decided to use a different name. It appears they did keep their state licensing # but just changed the name of the facility as the OP said. It's not online for a few month though.
  9. RightOn Member

I said in a couple of other threads that these front groups have been able to sit in silence and profit for TOO Long. MOAR attention needs to be thrown at all of them.

Narconon has had more press than say Sterling Mgmt. or Youth For Human Rights.
    But ALL these front groups need to be exposed.
    And when they get exposed they will change their names.

At least with COS faultering these days, it will be harder for these front groups to pack up and move to a new location.
  10. Anonymous Member

Just to be thorough, I thought I'd check the other Narcanons...

Watsonville, CA is Santa Cruz county
    The Vista Bay is El Dorado County.
    "Placerville and South Lake Tahoe, as incorporated cities, issue their own licenses."
    City of Placerville, CA - Business License
    For Placerville, you would have to go see it posted at the business or go to City and search their lists in person.
    South Lake Tahoe has it online but no details.

A few comments. It appears that Narconon in Watsonville has a DBA in that county as Narconon Vista Bay. Why that is an issue is that the licensing is for Narconon NorCal. Which may be ok, because I believe you can always use the corporation name since it is legal entity whereas DBAs are kinda of ficitious names.

Now in South Lake Tahoe they claim the business is registered under Vista Bay which isn't a legal entity, but that could be city goof up.

Now I can't find NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS in INDIO HILLS, CA in Riverside
    Riverside County Business License List

It appears to not be listed, however there is a registered corporation with the state in the name of Narconon Joshua Hills. So I'm not sure if they need the business license or not. It appears they may be operating against county ordinances.

At least Golden Era Productions
    Also of interest, Church of Scientology is registered to a random house they bought in 1989 at 20090 Crestview Dr
  11. anonhuff Member

I'm saying the same thing you are, are we both wrong or did you misread?

I was saying that what this anon posted is probably true, but nowhere did/does it have/had to be an anon that went in for treatment; anyone there during that timeframe would have the same options.
  12. Anonymous Member

Also for Warner Springs is San Diego, which I mentioned above.
    San Diego DBA

Note that Warner Springs was also operating illegally for a few months.

New DBA/FBN(Fictitious Business Name)
  13. Anonymous Member

I'm saying you have to file a lawsuit and attached the proof they are not registered to do business or their DBA is expired. If they are current when you file a suit, then too bad for you. You have to catch them while they are lapsed. And I'm not sure if the DBA is automatic default, or if you are semi-covered because your corporation filing is current. It might just be a operating on expired business thingy and they just get a slap on the wrist. However, I'm almost positive and invalid DBA is default judgement against them.
  14. pedrofcuk Member

15. BigBeard Member

There is a difference between a Business License and Fictitous Business Name/Doing Business As (FBN/DBA) registration.

If they were operating with an expired Business License, they could be in deep doo-doo.

If the license was okay, but the FBN/DBA expired, any contracts signed using that FBN/DBA during the expired period are not valid and that name cannot be used in any court filings while it is expired. If the root legal entity name was used on the contracts, and not the FBN/DBA, they are okay.

IANAL, but that's what I get from a quick scan of the business license and FBN/DBA codes in most of the Calif cities and counties I looked at.

BigBeard
  16. Anonymous Member

Wiki updated.

[wiki]http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Narconon_centers#California[/wiki]
  17. Anonymous Member

Can we update the wiki with number of beds and if they do daytime / outpatient. They way you get the number of income for Narconon.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

Wow, first time I viewed this video or heard of Golden Dawn?
    He stated its another cult & more evil, so is Co$ connected to it too?
  20. Anonymous Member

Yeah that link is posted upthread. Also the relevant data is copy pasta'd ITT. Thanks.
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

I went to Narconon Warner Springs and it was so full at times that they had people sleeping on couches in the off campus houses to accommodate. This place definitely needs to be exposed because they are increasing the number of clients and decreasing the operating budgets. It is the people who are at the lowest points in their lives who are looking for help that are suffering.
  23. Anonymous Member

California Department of Drug and Alcohol (ADP) license for Narconon’s HUNTINGTON HARBOR HOUSE;

Program Name: HUNTINGTON HARBOR HOUSE
    Legal Name: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Address: 17123 ROUNDHILL DRIVE
    City, State: HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92649
    Phone #: (800)876-6378
    Record ID: 300077AN
    Service Type: RES-DETOX
    Resident Capacity: 27
    Total Occupancy: 49
    Target Population: 1.1
    Expiration Date: 02/29/2012

http://www.adp.ca.gov/Licensing/pdf/Status_Report.pdf
    PDF page 140.

As you can see it is the same as Narconon’s old Newport Beach license;
    Program Name: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, INC.
    Legal Name: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    Address: 1810 WEST OCEAN FRONT
    City, State: NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92663
    Phone #: (800)876-6378
    Expiration: 02/28/2008
    Record ID: 300077AN
    Service Type: RES-DETOX
    Resident Capacity: 27
    Total Occupancy: 49
    Target Pop. : 1.1

So you can stuff 27 drug addicts plus 1 employee (by law) 24/7 and have an additional 12 employees during the day in a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, approximately 2,620 Sq Ft residential home. Wonder how many federal, state and local laws are being broken??
  24. Anonymous Member

25. Quentinanon Member

I find it amazing that drug rehab laws do not require direct, licensed medical and psychological supervision. That provides the opportunity for fraud businesses like NarCONon to operate and rake in money and more money.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Random guy Member

It is not inconcieveable that the attention they have been shown recently is starting to have an impact. I say we take this as a sign we're doing it right. Their name changing game does indeed need a bit of attention!
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

They have been doing that for many years.

This thread was started over a year ago.
  28. xenubarb Member

And a lot has happened to Narconon since then!
  29. It's sickening......
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

yup it's happening again. Although they have been doing this for years.
    The Utah detox progam changed their name to the Hero's Fund or whatever.
    Second Chance, the Sunshine whatever, it has all been done before and they will continue to do so.
    They have to do this or else they won't survive.
    Be on the look out for any new drug rehabs and also using the word "detox".

They are now forced to go more undergound and hide COS affiliations even more so AND their old Narconon name.
    Town officials and schools have to be made away of this crap and ASK QUESTIONS.
  31. I wonder just how many former Narconon programs are currently scamming under new names.....
  32. xenubarb Member

What has to happen is, some basic standards need to be established, as the city of Newport Beach imposed. Their new rules regarding rehabs-on-the-beach established basic program requirements and bed limits. Narconon could not change their program to come up to city standards, and their plans to expand into neighboring houses were dashed. Narconon Newport Beach is no more.

Now imagine if states did this.
    • Like Like x 5
  33. Intelligence Member

Perhaps we need a covert mission to call the fake referral sites and follow the money trail?
    These fake sites need to be shut down asap. What they are doing is misrepresenting the
    availability of rehab centers in every city and town; which is FALSE. They carefully word
    each cities description about drugs in their city, but never mention anything about a treatment center
    in their city. ALL ROADS LEAD TO NARCONON where the FSM was a Grad from.

I am going to hit these fraudster BASTARDS in Canada so friggin hard, their head will spin around
    like on the "Excorsist"!! This CAN and WILL be done - - only a matter of time.

Narconon Referral web sites in Canada are in my "Cross-Hairs" , (as well as the USA).

Tick-Tock DM - - Anonymous is at your door-step and knocking hard and noisy. Anonymous will
    be the anonymous force that spear-heads the crushing of scientology rehab centers (Narconon) - -
    dry up their 'Cash Cow' and the infrastrucure of the COS will begin to crumble:)

• Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

I will celebrate long and hard with thousands of others when you achieve this, David.

And it will inspire more action across the globe to stamp out this vile scam cult once and for all.

No mercy. Crush them like the stinking cockroaches they are.
    • Like Like x 4
  35. Anonymous Member

West Coast Detox and Treatment is mention in the article, Narconons rehab is called Huntington Harbor House. http://www.drugrehab.com/huntington_harbor_house.html
    At the above website, Narconon mentions this facility “handle the most severe withdrawal cases”; wonder if the neighbors know this?
  36. Django Member

Just wondering: Did Hubbard come up with the name "Narconon"? And if so, is changing the name from "Narconon" to "something else" counter to KSW?

This is the kinda stuff that keeps me up nights...
  37. Anonymous Member

In 2009 Narconon Southern California had five facilities not all in California, I believe they now have six and the info can be found here http://www.drugrehab.com/locations.html
    In the past it was Narconon “insert location” for the name, it appears now Narconon Fresh Start “insert location” for the name of the facility, Narconon is still in the title.
  38. Anonymous Member

39. xenubarb Member

40. xenubarb Member

BTW, if we have anyone up in that area, the Rooks could probably use our help and vice versa.