Customize

New on Wikileaks: Chanology Research Portal

Discussion in 'Projects' started by TinyDancer, Feb 3, 2009.

1. TinyDancer Member

New on Wikileaks: Chanology Research Portal

I'm pleased to be able to announce a new frontier on our battle to disseminate the truth about the CoS. A small team of writers, led ably by AnonLover and working closely with Wikileaks staff, have begun putting together a Chanology Research Portal on Wikileaks.

The portal is here: Category:Chanology Research Portal - Wikileaks

It can also be found via the Scientology Category page: https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Category:Scientology

What is the purpose of the Chanology Research Portal?

Read all about it on the Project Overview page. Essentially, it is to provide aids that will help people navigate their way through the mountain of information now available about Scientology on wikileaks.

How Can You Contribute to the Portal?

The Basic Editing Instructions page has detailed instructions on how to contribute informally or formally. Anyone can add comments on the "discuss" page of an article. In order to become a team member and to contribute articles, there are instructions about how to establish a contributor profile and history.

Wikileaks is a serious project, and they require that contributions (other than the materials index topics) be vetted by Wikileaks staff before going live.

We draft formal works on our user talk pages first, peer review them ourselves then have them vetted by wikileaks staff via chat to get their blessing before we create a new page.

For more instructions, review the team standards and other project overview information that was drawn up as per wikileaks instructions for forming a research team without their usual editorial board requirements:

Project Overview - Chanology Research Portal - Project Overview - Wikileaks

Project Initiatives - Chanology Research Portal - Project Initiatives - Wikileaks

AnonLover is our coordinator. She has been negotiating with Wikileaks to put the portal in place and is the best person to direct any questions to.

If you aren't able to contribute yourself, but have information / links to decent materials that could be worked into articles, please feel free to leave links in this thread for others to follow up with.

You can also help feed information to the team by tagging threads here on the forums where info gathering & research is going on with "research" keyword, and if its directly related to leaked material on wikileaks also tag the thread with "wikileaks". For larger projects or materials gathered on other forums, you can note a link to the relevant thread or web pages on Marcab group here: Chanology Research Portal (Wikileaks!) - Marcab

Exciting, isn't it?
  2. LRonAnon Member

Re: New on Wikileaks: Chanology Research Portal

Thanks for the hard work and resulting opportunity.
  3. An0nand0n Member

Winrar! Thankyou!
  4. anonymusicz Member

Yes it is...
  5. Mutante Member

Total awesomosity.
  6. TinyDancer Member

Lol.

I had second thoughts about that word. But then...
  7. anonymusicz Member

Change it to "aide"...
  8. Mutante Member

Change it to tools.
  9. peterstorm Member

Thanks a bunch.
  10. subgenius Member

Effort is appreciated.
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

Well done.
  12. OTBT Member

Ooooooh, so happy to see this is being made public.

Anyone who has been working quietly in the background on docs, leaks, compilations, tabulations, translations, etc. you now have a secure forum for disseminating your research, or throwing it out out for others to read / contribute / edit / add to, without interfence from OSA or others...
  13. AnonLover Member

wow big red title is big & red! :)

thks for the announcement TD... i got tidbits to add to this thread about our first initial baby-steps project to build an online materials index of formal references coming later tonight after R/L work winds down for the day.
  14. azonymous Member

Wow, this is very nice!
    Well done, and thank you!
  15. da5id Administrator

This is one of those things that will likely turn into a resource of epic proportions. Thanks to everyone (especially wikileaks!) for doing this. You guys rock.
  16. LRonAnon Member

I hope some of our wiki anons take on this huge project.
  17. AnonLover Member

bump... here's some moar background details & info on the first of two starter projects we are currently working on cataloging into the Wikileaks Chanology Research Portal

backstory: how this all got started by chance 'splained here:
    Wikileaks Editorial Board Proposal - Marcab

General Purpose Project #1 - Catalog Leaks via wiki talk pages
    The backlash against scilons for trying to suppress the earliest leaks as resulted in tons of materials being posted to Category:Scientology with little-to-none supporting info describing what it is.

Normal wikileaks wiki ettiquette is such that the main leak page ("article" tab) is unofficially offlimits to all but their own staff editors, but the anything goes on the talk pages & we've been encourage to utilize that space for informal documentation.

Thus we've set about to rectify that lacks of details given on lots of juicy leaks by essential dox'ing the dox with written material posted to the talk pages being outlined into an article that the wikileaks editorial staff may eventually promote up into a 'community analysis' article and list it as a resource on the main article page for a given leak.

Here's some examples of some recently completed or nearly-complete works...

Other stuff thats still a work in progress listed under the Project Initiatives page.

iff'n any serious writefags / researchfags or comparable OG/exscn folks that are interested in getting involved in this fine effort to halp document stuff like shown in the above examples, See Basic Editing Instructions for getting started info, click the "create a account" link on the upper right corner of any wikileaks page to setup a wiki user profile, and PM me a headsup note your coming aboard.

note - for those who suffer from tl;dr syndrome and cant sit thru the project info wall-o-text pages... stay tuned for other hivemind mini-projects we can work on group-style here on the forums if anyones interested in helping gather important bits & pieces of the General Purpose Project #2
  18. LRonAnon Member

[IMG]
  19. BHX Member

Something wicked this way comes.
    Great Jorb!!1
  20. Anon Char Member

Delicious!
  21. kitfisto Member

Epic , thanks for all the hard work . 2009 is off to a fantastic start eh .
  22. reznik Member

pretty cool.
    documenting the dox.
  23. Re: New on Wikileaks: Chanology Research Portal

impressive...

hope you all get a raise ;)
  24. AnonLover Member

bump again... here's some moar info on the second starter project we are currently working on cataloging into the Wikileaks Chanology Research Portal

General Purpose Project #2 - Catalog Key References via Index articles
    When WWP was getting swamped with traffic over the Jett Travolta media blitz, i had gotten frustrated with it taking so long to dig up old threads i wanted some references from. Namely, our almighty fact sheet here: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/8-ed...cumented-history-scientology-7937/#post142988

So i had set about mirroring a version of the above thread on my user talk page on wikileaks for my own ease of quick reference. However, that fact sheet was written when there was only a few juicy leaks released and it stayed far away from controversial beliefs & teachings due to the lack of facts at the time & anon's standpoint of not attacking beliefs. So I had set about explanding it to cover the additional leaks and other controversies brought to light in the later months of our crusade, and wikileaks staff loved it even tho the rewrite was in its infancy.

But nonetheless, it was the potential value they seen in that indexing effort is what ultimately got us the special deal for having our own research portal. And in the weeks that followed board approval & while we got the required things setup so we could announce this project publicly, the indexes evolved and morphed into a whole completely different thing than what the original fact sheet started out being.

Main Overview Index page is here: Index Online Research Materials - Scientology

Purpose of this project - provide a road map that dissects the massive amt of scilon bullshit, with all the key references & essentials resources for hivemind noob & general public education, as well a build a solid platform for encouraging more thorough study & review of scilon issues by journalists, academia, political lackeys etc.

And the overall outline is still growing & evolving in leaps & bounds.... some bits are more developed than others, and some parts are still very much "draft" in form. but the overall organization is such that it makes for a great team work project cuz multiple contributors can work on different parts and pieces at the same time.

as different parts grow longer, we split sections & subsections off into sub indexes that get referenced & linked to from the main index above. all these topics start with "Index..."

as shown on the main portal page, we're currently up to 9 sub indexes with the last 2 major chunks (front groups & where they overlap w/ introductory level services) still under major construction.

once we get these last two big pieces put into place this weekend, ITT i'll start throwing out the smaller pieces still in need of attention for possible hivemind mini projects, and/or shout outs for specialty halp for parts of the indexes we dont have easily covered yet (pre-paging muldrake & RHill to the white phone... in the near & semi-near future)
  25. Anoniemert Member

This is extremely useful, thanks for the work on all this.
  26. AnonLover Member

yes it is... even now in its slightly-past-infancy stage, the Chanology Research Portal Indexes have already been a huge help to me personally in the following ways:
    • General Purpose Project #1 - Catalog Leaks via wiki talk pages... goes a whole lot faster w/ topical reference to qckly find all the highly relevant shit at a glance
    • Harpooning key topics with /b/lackup link... no need to quote song & verse when multiple references apply for shooting down scilon PR bullshit, just poon a link to the relvant index page or TOC bookmark link for a given section
    • Furthering discussion threads... lurk moar is a mantra for noobs, but sometimes it greatly helps the learning curve when there is qck reference list of key read-me materials on a topic relevant to the noobs immediate interest.

no thks necessary... were just doin our part to help take the power of hivemind to the next level... anon excels at info gathering, dox dumping, and compiling big juicy mounds of data and value-added information in rapid fashion, all apart of eating dox & shitting win.

unfortunately & as mentioned several times in other threads - we dont always do that well with spreading our information around to reap the largest return possible in circles outside of our own niches. and the expectation that somebody sees something that needs done - just do eet - occasionally leaves subject matter ripe for exploiting left behind as we buzz on to the next big thing on the path of win-after-win.

And its foolish & lazy of us to assume bigger players in the fields of academia, public service & investigative journalism will waft & dig thru tens of thousands of forum posts in a community such as this where there's high noise level and radical mix of views & opinions just to find the few worthy nuggets they need to fire cult-seeking missiles of WMD proportions. but once we get further along with mirroring all those juicy nuggets on a places like wikileaks or elsewhere, accessibility to the fruits of our intellectual loins becomes a significant counter to the scilons vast array of well honed dissemination tactics.

so here's hoping this wikileaks portal project is just one of many new sites & online resources or tools we see coming up into play as we head on into our 2nd year of bringing down the cult!
  27. the_cloak Member

You have done well!
  28. mrfyde Member

I agree with this understatement.
  29. 13Heathens Member

I wish I had more time available. :/
  30. subgenius Member

Every/any effort is valuable, and yours have been considerable.
  31. AnonLover Member

Update - the bigger half of said major construction is nearly done, but got somewhat delayed due to recent bouts of wikileaks servers being overloaded from their massive Congressional Research Reports dox drop.

but i'm far enough along on the that stuff to start coordinating some other mini projects if anyone is interested in helping out with our efforts on wikileaks. Here's the list of areas in the research material indexes that needs some halp w/ info gathering and documenting references into outlines.

Index Online Research Materials - Scientology Victims and Abuses:

• Victim Testimonial Statements -> needs collected... 1st party stories from former members published in article format (not a messageboard post) such that a journalist would consider it source-able reference they possibly followup on if doing indepth investigation
    • Related References -> is likely missing some good stuff
    • WANTED: info gathering enmasse of worthwhile stuff that should be added as useful links on this index, ideally done here on WWP thread so that we figure out how to organize big list into manageable bite sized chunks.

Index Online Research Materials - Scientology Litigation AND under Main index section on Controversies - Persecution of Critics & Labor Law violations:
    • all the lawfare references in these areas are currently just lump & dump draft form at this point.
    • we likely need to move big ticket stuff (like Scilons vs. IRS & Germany vs. Scilons) to be broken out as its own subheading under the Controversies section.
    • WANTED - someone like Muldrake (officially paging to the white phone) who's knowledgeable in the cult's multitudes legalsleeze history to do some overall refinement & add in missing bits on this stuff, done either here on WWP in a thread of its own or on the wiki itself (after setting up a team user profile).

Index Online Research Materials - Scientology Front Groups:
    • This subindex is fleshed out pretty nicely nao, but still needs some subheadings adding in for "Controversies" under individual fronts with press coverage references listed.
    • WANTED - info gathering for short lists shit-hits-fan media clips & articles broken down by front group thats worth listing, done either here on WWP in a thread or on the wiki itself (after setting up a team user profile).

Other Misc juicy bits that havent been tapped yet and need spread around to various spots in the indexes:
    • WANTED - team member wiki editing to work thru some of the stuff listed on the above talk page and parse into the proper places in the indexes.

To Halp with any of the above stuff here on WWP, go start a new thread in Edumacation & Research forum for any one of the tasks above, and post a link in OP bak to this thread to tag a trackback so we dont miss it.

To Halp with wiki work, goto wikileaks and setup a psuedonym profile by hitting "create an account link" in upper right corner. Get logged in, go to "my talk" and edit in "[[Category:Chanology Research Portal]] to tap your profile into the project area and then PM me a heads up on what for stuff you'll be working on

P.S. also wanted but not as important... a writefag who's wordsmithy well isnt tapped dry & near burnout like mine is at the moment, to do a sister comrade a favor and draft a psuedo press release puff piece about this project that i can slap up on my blog & easily make a sexy post for spreading word of this fine effort to blogosphere lurker realm.
  32. francie Member

33. AnonLover Member

34. TrevAnon Member

BUMP

The editors over at wikileaks since February 09 have done a star job! Even a dumbass like me can now begin to understand the vastness of LRH's ramblings.

See for yourself:

Category:Chanology Research Portal - Wikileaks
  35. mrfyde Member

I'm going to ask a dumb question, but how exactly does a person find the Chanology portal with out a direct link to it ?

Maybe I should ask, What is a Wiki Portal ?

Heads up:
    If you say Lurk Moar, I am going to say DIAF.
  36. Kambridge Member

How about Reading POST#1,that may clue you in.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. AnonLover Member

wow! thats a nice surprise!!