Customize

[Nov 10, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for November (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Oct 23, 2012.

1. protestpic0.jpg

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a whole lot of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sooo, we should probably get cracking on the plan for November pretty soon.

Are we doing the 2nd Saturday like usual?

I think I'd suggest having it around the middle of the day. November may be chilly, and midday would give us the most favorable temps. Plus, I like having Saturday evening free.

Also -- Santa hat theme? y/n
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alright, if nobody has any particular preferences one way or the other about date or time, I'm'a lock it in...!! Cuz it isn't that far away and I need to start finalizing my own plans.

Dra: bring the Packers santa hat? lol
  4. Dra Member

LOL! Of course!

Trollin', trollin', trollin'
  5. Darth Xander Member

Keep that sickness north of the border!
  6. Darth Xander Member

I'm currently in the midst of a "Four Orgs in Eight Days" mini-tour. I visited the DC Org today, and asked Radio Paul if he had any words for you guys.

• Like Like x 4
  7. What's DC looking like these days? A mini thread in the flashraids section might be of interest to the WWP readers who haven't heard much since the Sparrow days.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Darth Xander Member

• Like Like x 2