Customize

November 14 - Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Horatio, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Horatio Member

November 14 - Chicago, IL

Crosspost from the chicago forums.

So I had a good time, Strong Strength had a rubix cube costume that was kind of cool. My HD Camera was a no go, so I had my regular camera. Meatwad got shut down on the megaphone pretty quickly. The guard called him an asshole but was pretty nice to me and Penne. Some guy looked like was going to jump off a banister in the park and Meatwad egged him on. I mostly danced and after Meatwad and crew left we had people lining up to watch. Some crazy guy challenge me to a dance battle, apparently I lost. Some Team Fortress Two junkies came buy, asking us to rickroll them and spouting memes, it was kind of annoying but mostly harmless fun. We managed to talk to a lot of people and some joined up.
  2. Adanon Member

Re: Chicago November 14th

Junkies spouting memes. Domo's at the 7-11. Whatever is this world coming to?

Awesome last decent weather raid for a while sounds awesome. I had to werk for the man. Could not raid. Baaaaaaaaawwwwww.

Can haz pics?
  3. Horatio Member

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg
  4. Ogsonofgroo Member

Rubic's cube is awshom! (snorking piece of dinner outta nose lolllling)

Looks like y'all had a blast!

Great works Chicago Anons!
  5. Belladonna Member

picture27i.png

I have a soft spot for Roy Lichtenstein.

Very impressive.
  6. FUCK Member

Loving the signs <3
  7. RightOn Member

Really great and creative signage.

Love the cube!
  8. Re: Chicago November 14th

In Soviet Russia the pooch salutes you!
  9. Horatio Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1KvFPJI5R0&feature=channel"]YouTube- November 14th Chicago Protest[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wASO4uH8avg&feature=channel"]YouTube- ChiFag Caramelldansen[/ame]

Yay Videos!
  10. Re: Chicago November 14th

That was easily one of the best times I've had at a monthly. Being short a few regulars, I think we had around 10 people or so, plus a few passersby jumped in with us for the fun of it. To the anons who couldn't make it (you know who you are) -- you were greatly missed.

inb4. The weekend featured some really dreary and cold weather... but only after we had finished! It was really perfect while we were out, with sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures. Good weather also meant lots more people around. This is kind of a big deal for us, as we don't usually protest at our org (long story), and we concentrate on reaching the public.

Stop. You can't touch this. We had people seriously breaking it down with dancing for much of the day. And not all of it was the awkward flailing of basement-dwellers (although there was a lot of that too). The guy in the Riddler costume brought the win with some very impressive moves. Seriously, the clip in 1:53 of the above video doesn't even do it justice to the awesomeness he was exuding. We'd get small groups of people stopping to watch us with ?:D expressions on their faces.

Mood. I think the dancing really set the tone for the low-key, silly, fun, and successful day we had. Usually a lot of us are a bit shy at first, but we loosen up after an hour or two. Today, especially towards the end, we were really grooving and being stupid and silly and having fun.

Slightly-unhinged attention-seeking guy. Some guy in a funny-looking suit and hat was out doing amusing and weird stuff in the park -- dancing around, doing physical stunts, that sort of thing. He had a cameraman following him around recording stuff.

To reference a story earlier in the thread, he was up standing on a little "balcony" the park with a small crowd watching him taking flying leaps off of it... back onto the same, close side. Some people were jokingly calling for him to show his (an)heroism and jump off the longer, 10-foot drop, but he was having none of it.

He bebopped around to our part of the park and challenged one of our anons to a dance-off. I suppose he thought he won, but from what I saw, I thought he was more spastic than anything. He looked like kind of a nutbar to me (look who's talking, takes one to know one, etc.), but in any case it was funny.
  11. 3rdMan Member

Glad to see Chifags winning still. Signs were epic.
  12. YAHRLY Member

yeah that was me

sorry