Customize

[Oct 13, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for October (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Sep 5, 2012.

1. m17eg.jpg
    Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a whole lot of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. If you're planning on attending, please follow the thread discussion and continue to keep a close eye on the date and time of the event, because usually it doesn't get finalized for a good while.

I just wanted to put the event placeholder in place for now. Plans may get changed. Right now I'm taking a wild stab at the 2nd Saturday of the month, and I know there was some talk of doing an experiment of starting at around 2 p.m. for an afternoon raid, but we'll see what people want to do. Please add your input!

Thank you for participating. At the end of the social experiment, there will be cake.

h4w1e.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. anonymous612 Member

Oh my god. Is that coffee cake? Dare I ask if that is in fact coffee cake coffee cake?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. come to this event if you want to increase your ability to handle randomity by 600%
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. SkunkSkirt Member

Count me in.
    I MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH
    I'M SO HAPPY 30wqzao.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dra Member

The caek is a lie....
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. if your cause is so noble why are your numbers shrinking?
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  8. anonymous612 Member

I don't know about Chicago, but the protests at Flag have increased roughly 300% in the past month alone.

So...adjust your grip on reality, my little clammish friend. Nothing you do or say here will stop or impede the protests. All you will do is amuse and challenge more people into protesting.

Please, keep it up. But remember that you've pulled this in yourself.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Darth Xander Member

What time is the org open until during the week? 9 p.m.?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. anonymous612 Member

You should know, Mr "I protest within 150 feet of a church during church services."
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Darth Xander Member

You would think. But hey, its me.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dra Member

According to the hours on the door... 10pm
  13. Darth Xander Member

10 p.m.! Gonna be a late night.
  14. Paladin Member

It is not the quantity of protesters that are important, but the quality. Our protesting is like siege warfare. Instead of "starving" the org of food and water, we are "starving" the org of money and members. It is not our numbers, but our persistence in telling people the truth about Scientology that will bring about your demise.

I don't mind telling you this because there really isn't anything you can do about it.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Kevin Freeman Member

This whole "last minute changing of dates" makes it hard for people who work on weekends (like me) to join your festivities, but I shall try.
  16. I know, right? Hopefully we can get the plan finalized for this month, and do it sooner rather than later.
  17. Paladin Member

I think the plan is finalized. 4 Anons have said YES to October's date and time. Hope you can join us, Kevin. If not, then let us know which day would be good for you in November.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I noticed nobody actually responded to my question about why your numbers are shrinking except for one person who claimed it didnt matter. guess the truth hurts! run from it!

guess what, your silly uprising is dead and nobody cares except a few stragglers

scientology has outlasted anonymous easily, despite their stupid boasting

better luck next time losers
    think again
    This message by think again has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Darth Xander Member

That hurts. :(
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Paladin Member

What is true, is what is true for you.
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  21. anonymous612 Member

Don't make me lose my temper and come up there. You wouldn't like it.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Darth Xander Member

Truth. She speaks it.
  23. GJan.jpeg

(Nothing left to do in this thread but spam it up with random out-of-context crap, lol)
    • Like Like x 1
  24. 1/10

i'm starting a new church, where capital letters don't count, and punctuation is optional
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. :) Thanks for this communication. One can sure tell when the church is concerned when one takes the time to comment. Why are you chasing the cur dogs yapping at the wheels of the fire engine? Hmm?

Certainly with all your wild expansion, you wouldn't have time to come talk to a bunch of losers, right?

Anyway, here's the deal -- your days are numbered and Anonymous has made such a huge impact. their numbers that are dedicated to cult are irrelevant. Have you paid attention to the news and the huge impact Anonymous is having across the globe on may fronts?

The cult is shrinking. There are much worse problems in the world than the 25,000 people still trapped in the C of S. Fortunately for you, there are still some Anons on post on the Scientology issue. There's still hope for you. One day you will thank them. Trust me.
    • Winner Winner x 5
  26. anonymous612 Member

Ooh, thanks for reminding me, Sindy. I forgot something.

I have a question for you, think again.

If your cause is so noble, why are your numbers shrinking?

In fact, I may make that a protest sign.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Attention shift. The Church of Scientology puny unimportant laughable thing but nevertheless it still is a parisite on the human mind. A mental parasite if you will. Anonymous too bussy with worldrevolutions now.
  28. greyboxtv Member

Hello all - way back in July of 2008 some of my associates and I checked out one of your protests (it was in Millennium Park at the time) while making a series of short docs on internet culture. I was in the process of revamping some old episodes when I was going through our coverage of Anon vs Scientology and thought it might be cool to check in a see how things are today, nearly 5 years after Project Chanology began. I did some digging and saw that this protest is coming up soon.

Would there be any objections if some of us dropped by again to shoot video of this protest and asked some questions about how things have gone, what's happened in the 5 years, how you feel about it - etc?
  29. bump

I seriously doubt that you will get any objections from Anons. But perhaps one of the Chicago Anons will respond properly to your request.
  30. Darth Xander Member

I believe I can speak for everyone and say no objections. Come on by.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

It hurt Hubbard, that's why he started Fair Game. The last I checked, the numbers of the scientology cult were shrinking.

Uprising? I thought it was a protest. It is were dead, then why did you come to this forum to post?

Right. Keep your delusion going so you don't leave. Why did you post here, then?

There won't be a next time for the scientology criminal enterprise. Too many people are onto your scams.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Paladin Member

If you really want to know how things have gone then you should arrive before our protest begins and asks the Scientologists how things have gone. I don't think they would be happy to see you and I don't think they would be willing to honestly answer your questions. But that in itself would indicate to you how things have gone. If you enter their building, make sure that they understand that you are not protesters yourselves.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. That was gonna be my suggestion too, to see if the Scientologists would give you their side of the story. That's one of the differences between us and them, by the way - if someone was curious about the controversy of Scientology, they would never refer anyone to us.

If they think you're some random person off the street, whoever's near the lobby will talk with you, but if they find out you're a reporter or even doing any sort of indie journalism, it becomes a Big Deal and they will have to refer you to the Director of Special Affiars, Rebecca Cusano. If you were at Millennium in 2008, you may have seen her husband Domenic Cusano taking pictures of protesters.

After Chicago Scientology lost the legal battle on keeping protesters away, the person who had spearheaded the effort had a family member messed with. Someone unknown had gone to his grandmother's house and given her flowers while telling a lie that they were from her grandson and herself. Domenic had insider knowledge of what had happened, which was especially suspicious given that he and the protester were both half a continent away at the time. Domenic himself actually broke the news - "Did your grandmother get the flowers?... Are you in her will?"

Domenic is often at the org on Saturdays, so maybe you can talk with him about this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  34. greyboxtv Member

Thanks for the information and responses guys. At this point it looks like I'm going to be working on this one alone (audio guy is out of town, heh) so resources are a bit thin - but I'll definitely take the issue of contacting the Scientology rep under advisement. That said, the topic I was originally going for was not so much "Anonymous vs. Scientology" but rather Project Chanology itself and how things have developed and changed since things started in 2008.

Also - I believe we encountered Domenic Cusano during our original piece. He asked our camera woman if she was "independent."
    • Like Like x 1
  35. LOL i like how you guys claim your crashing numbers dont matter

number of anonymous hate marches in 2008 = 100
    number of anonymous hate marches in 2010 = way less
    number of anonymous hate marches in 2011 = a dozen. if that.

crash into obscurity faster guys
    meanwhile we are opening new churches all the time, just check scientology.org for all the news. if you have the integrity to look.

i think your falling numbers count as what you would call an epic fail! LOL
    think again
    This message by think again has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
  36. Anonymous Member

^ only 25000 scio's WorldWide think about it
    • Like Like x 2