Customize

October 10 - Chicago Postgame

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Strong Strength, Oct 11, 2009.

1. October 10 - Chicago Postgame

It was a decent day for a raid at Millennium Park. The weather was unusually chilly, but not too cold, and we got none of the rain that had come for much of the week leading up to it.

Some highlights:

- New people. Lots of them. Saw several new faces, and we also had another small group of 3 passersby who decided jump in and join us partway through the protest.
    - Anons in cool costumes or GQ'ing it up in suits.
    - One anon BROKE IT DOWN with some sick dance moves.
    - Handed out candy from plastic "jack o'lantern" trick-or-treat pails.

Police issues (walls of text coming):

Unlike most of our other monthly raids, we had quite a few police officers come by for this one. The anon subgroup of 5 or 6 people who were living it up on the center median of Michigan Avenue were made to move, I think due to safety and traffic concerns. The cops also made it clear that they didn't want any megaphones used or any music played at anything louder than a conversational level. Word is that that they were civil with the exception of one rude one, and someone said he also tried to goad an anon in some way. Hmm.

Then they left 4 officers there at our spot in the park for a while, presumably to watch us, which I don't think has ever happened. But it's not all bad news. There were anons who had positive experiences with the police too. For what it's worth, all of my own interaction with them, which happened beyond this point, was positive. They were just being friendly with me or were curious about why we had the masks. I showed them my pocket dox of Chicago Scientologists photo'ing us at close range and a copy of someone's C&D. I hope that helped them understand the masks thing, made them less suspicious of us, and bolstered the idea that we're not just a bunch of paranoid tinhats.

Eventually they reduced the number of police watching us down to 1, and I don't know of any other friction that happened with them.

Personally, I mostly ran around killing the lulz(!) by playing with the Free Hugs sign, which a decent number of people took up my offer on. I actually cut my lip when some wiseguy crashed into me, and some girl randomly humped me, but most people just gave nice hugs. Plus, it was fun and it helped me get a few fliers out.

Usually we get epic pix, so check back soon if you want to see those. 2ymukab.gif
  2. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: October 10, 2009 -- Chicago Postgame

Do wanna see those.
  3. beef Member

I miss Chicago, maybe I'll visit my old stomping grounds and get silly with you.
  4. Zmaz Member

I took you up on the free hug offer. It was nice.
  5. Adanon Member

6. Horatio Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFcOPgNjpqo&feature=channel"]YouTube - Chifag Prince of Bel Air[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgWx66nlkVc&feature=channel"]YouTube - Chifags What is Love[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhm9iskr7Pk&feature=channel"]YouTube - Chifags Kite Bike[/ame]
  7. anon0004 Member

nice to see so much of you still out there protesting.

I have to go to chicago again, loved it when I was first there in 2007, maybe attend a raid, if I can make it