Customize

Rachel Maddow investigating a group VERY similar to Scientology

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonynamefag, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Anonynamefag Member

Rachel Maddow investigating a group VERY similar to Scientology

If you listen, this group sounds a LOT like our favorite cult; secretive, hateful, exclusive members, and with its hands in the political honeypot.

We might be able to use this to our advantage. Maybe we could respond to her reports drawing comparisons to Scientology?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Rachel Maddow investigating a group VERY similar to Scientology

Well..many of the members of this group (Such as as Senator Ensign) are actual law makers...not just influencing law makers.

This is group is fascinating and needs much more investigating. But nothing really strikes me as particularly scilon-like. Just another group that feels it knows what is best for the preoles, is secretive and authoritarian. Not that unique.
  3. Re: Rachel Maddow investigating a group VERY similar to Scientology

Wait, isn't this the Children of God?
  4. chrisanon Member

Fascinating! Thx for posting.

I'd be surprised if this turned out to be related to David Berg's Children of God.

This sounds more like something that's related to Chalcedon, Rushdoony, and the dominionist, power-fetishizing militaristic, sexually inhibited (that's why they're all having affairs) Christian Reconstructionist groups.

The similarity to Scn would lie in the group dynamics. A cult's a cult. Don't have enough info to know if this is one; it sure sounds like it.
  5. Anonynamefag Member

You know, I think it might be. If I remember correctly (can't be asked to re-watch the video), the Family is a led by the same guy.
  6. Kilia Member

7. Kilia Member

8. Anonynamefag Member

9. Anonxmous Member

DIFFERENT 'The Family'!! No connection to 'Children of God'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_God_(cult) a.k.a the Family International (TFI) "Their founder and prophetic leader, David Berg, who called himself "Moses David,""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_(Christian_political_organization) a.k.a C-Street "The movement was founded in Seattle in 1935 by Abraham Vereide, a Norwegian immigrant" "Douglas Coe's son, David Coe, also works for the organization"

And neither seem to me to have much in common with Scientology except the stuff that pretty much all cults have in common.
  10. Anonymous Member

dac.jpg
  11. FUCK Member

Nice
  12. genoramix Member

interesting...but if there are abuses, they are at such at a higher level that i doubt anons can do anything about it. WIthout mentioning the fact that nobody(almost) has knowledge of this organisation
  13. Giggles Member

Damn...DAC is looking rough these days!
  14. Anonynamefag Member

I thought the same thing.
  15. Anonymous Member

This doesn't sound like Scientology. These are just Christians in positions of power networking with each other. This news doesn't mention anything like: selling beliefs, abuse of copyright law, fair game, disconnection, pseudo-psychology, faux medical claims, RPF, their own navy, etc. etc. etc.

Is this a joke therad? This is not even similar.
    (and I'm about as un-Christian and un-conservative as you can get)
  16. Lorelei Member

"Heaven's Harlots" is an expose of the "Children of God" flavour of The Family, written by a former member.

As noted above, it has little to do with Scientology, beyond the basic similarities all cults / sects have in common.

Of course, the "Flirty Fishing" overtones in the recent spate of Sci adverts is worrisomely similar to tactics used by The Family. YMMV.
  17. Lorelei Member

"Heaven's Harlots" is an expose of the "Children of God" flavour of The Family, written by a former member.

As noted above, it has little to do with Scientology, beyond the basic similarities all cults / sects have in common.

Of course, the "Flirty Fishing" overtones in the recent spate of Sci adverts is worrisomely similar to tactics used by The Family. YMMV.