Customize

Request: Scientology's "Novis mental ability" IQ test

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by blank, Feb 6, 2009.

1. blank Member

Request: Scientology's "Novis mental ability" IQ test

So i heard that Scientology uses only one IQ test called the "Novis mental ability" test ("Homo" Novis?) to prove that Scientology could raise your IQ.
    Leak requested.
  2. Re: Request: Scientology's "Novis mental ability" IQ test

I would have thought the IQ test for a Scientologist would involve putting them in a room with one door and asking them to try and guess which door is the exit.
  3. Optimisticate Member

Re: Request: Scientology's "Novis mental ability" IQ test

I think this is fixd.
  4. none given Member

There are different shaped pegs and different shaped holes.
    Only OT3 or above have any chance of figuring out what to do with them.
  5. Nataku Member

It's all sequential number riddles, finding odd words out and matching shapes and patterns.

There are eighty questions in all and the answers are on a multiple choice selection basis. Only one answer per question is correct. You are given a copy of a booklet containing these questions, an answer sheet, a pen or pencil and extra paper for working out the answers. You have 30 minutes to answer as many questions as you can.
  6. The Rock Member

On its way. Check wikileaks until it shows up. Filename will be scientology-oca-iq-test.pdf.
  7. JFawkeson Member

DO WANT
  8. Obi-Wan-anon Member

So they think that giving the test, recording the results, putting someone through the course, giving THE SAME TEST AGAIN, and seeing a rise in the score proves the cult raised their IQ?

My IQ is higher by NOT reading any of the cult materials.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Son Of Xenu Member

I find it kinda strange that Scientology claims to raise the IQ. After all the concept of IQ was invented by evil psychologists.
  10. LRonAnon Member

pull my finger.
  11. The Rock Member

Until it shows up at wikileaks, here is another link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KWI12FJ
  12. xseaorguk Member

I did the IQ tests back when I was in the cult (1980) and also found it weird that they were often tests you had already done. I think I started up at scoring about 109, which was average, then after some months in the EPF and Sea Org, loads of confessional auditing I had scored over 130, which just ackowledged how it all worked so well. OMG....
    Now I'm out and have failed to 'cross the bridge to spiritual freedom' , I'm just a DB (degraded being) and probably wouldnt score at all, or just wouldnt have the right to even take part as one of the lower folk that should be quietly disposed of
  13. FUCK Member

omg, i want this too.
  14. blank Member

15. ArnieLerma Member

BINGO!

And I got 150 on that test and after auditing it did not go up, because I got 150 again but when I did it a second time I had no different answers...

They give you the same test again -

"The best place to hide something is when its right in front of you"

"Contrary to general belief, it has been my experience that the more intelligent the subject, the easier it is to induce hypnosis" Ralph Slater - "Hypnotism" May 1950 LINK
  16. Scatman Member

The scientology IQ test, the personality test and the aptitude test have no basis in the social sciences. Just more pseudo-scientific frauds to confidence trick people into thinking that scientology improved them.
  17. Memphis Member

i took this test at narconon probably 10 times.

as my disdain grew, my IQ went up almost 30 points.

you will always be smarter than a scientologist
  18. Anonymous Member

[derail
    non-Scientology IQ tests, non-Scientology personality tests and the like, often have questionable basis in the social sciences (and many of them based on old and out-dated theories).

but the ones still in use today typically have some validity, if small.
    Those attributes the tests *do* measure, are steadily being better understood. "Knowledge of shared cultural history", "good at math", "inventory of a random collection of stuff" - are real, and measurable psychological characteristics; even if they don't map 1:1 with "SMRTNESS" "NRMLNESS" "SKILZFULNESS".
    derail]

[rerail
    Most of we know about how these tests work and what they measure, is only available because of extensive research by outsiders and persons who are not stakeholders in the "Testing Game".

Peer-reviewed research into the validity of CoS' testing methods?

tumble weeds
    rerail]
  19. Anonymous Member

Wow, a Mental Ability Test with a spelling mistake in the title! "Novice Mental Ability Test", surely?
  20. snippy Member

21. Anonymous Member

I would think one would have to clay demo the pegs. Maybe the holes too.
    • Funny Funny x 1