Customize

RIP David Vantrease

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by muldrake, Mar 13, 2010.

1. muldrake Member

RIP David Vantrease

This morning, a former Narconon graduate and employee of Per Wickstrom, David Vantrease, committed suicide in his apartment in Battle Creek, MI. Mr. Vantrease has worked for the past couple years for The Freedom Center in Albion, MI and A Forever Recovery, owned by Per Wickstrom. He was also a member of the COS in Battle Creek.

No dox on this yet, though it's from a Narconon staffer. I'd expect to see an obituary in the next couple days.

[mod]Obits have no mention of cause of death. Suicide is speculation at this point. Please be respectful and wait for dox.[/mod]
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: RIP David Vantrease

Wow they're dropping like flies.
  3. Re: RIP David Vantrease

I don't know if it's just me but when I see this happening I think "Oh god, there goes another one that could have been saved and helped."

You know, the funny thing is... people inside the church think this as well, they do want to help, but their strategy is completely hijacked by the strategies created by a mad man, not to mention the attention being constantly given to the survival of the very organization they're in.

It's one of the many things that makes me think that Scientology is just wrong, period. It goes to the cores of people and it replaces them with different behaviors.
    Whatever good it does, I can't help thinking that it can happen through other means, and the fact that good happens inside Scientology is simply a coincidence (though unsurprising because people are focusing on getting better after all).

It's a shame that this happens systematically. Shame for humans that they have this black hole of a structure in their midst.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

5. chrisanon Member

OHMIGOD.

Here's a link to some radio interviews with Per Wickstrom. They really made an impression on me; they were some of the first interviews I listened to when I got involved with anonymous.

He's a truly appalling man.

Search Results per wickstrom : XENU TV
  6. xenubarb Member

Narconon works and it helps people.
    Die.
  7. Lorelei Member

How sad. :(

Yet not exactly unprecedented, alas.

Sorry, David; we are working on the problem as fast as we can, for folks like you. Wish you could have held on a little longer.
  8. TinyDancer Member

Very sad news.
  9. RightOn Member

geez, sadly another life lost due to Scientology
    I imagine the stess levels have to be soaring now a days due to the media blitz.
    SAD.

and Scientology once again will say he pulled it in.
  10. Anonymous Member

My google-fu is failing me, I can't pull up a pic of this guy. I have a suspicion that I may have known him years ago....
  11. exOT8Michael Member

So sad. if only he had saved his life by internets and truth...
  12. TomVorm Member

Ex-employees of Narconon in the past have been found dead of "suicide" and "natural causes" (under very unusual circumstances, and when they had been a position to have incriminating information on their business practices). The local police and coroner should be advised to investigate this case beyond what it appears to be (just to be sure).
  13. STC_SOCk2 Member

..and nothing of value was lost.

Just kidding! Don't have a cow, man
  14. STC_SOCk2 Member

How dare you even imply that this is in some way linked to Scientology. I have had just about enough of your anti-religious discrimination. And bigotry. We are a religious organisation and should get a free pass on everything. Just look at what Kevin Rudd said in the Ozzy Parliament last week. And that other cunt in a suit.
  15. RightOn Member

my bad lol
  16. Zak McKracken Member

at least he didn't die in some godforsaken trailer, disconnected from family and friends, hopped up on vistaril.
  17. Anonymous Member

Suicide in scientology terms just means he made a decision to drop his body. He may have even thought that himself. The cult's disrespect for life sickens me.
  18. Anonymous Member

What sucks is scientologists are cut off from real counselors and therapists who exist to deal with the kind of bullshit scientologists are subjected to. It saddens me so much I need to see my counselor.
  19. Anonymous Member

I guess it's safe to say he didn't drop any good loot.
  20. eddieVroom Member

Anyone thinking that would be out-ethics because if the guy offed himself, IT'S HIS OWN DAMNED FAULT, and whatever else was happening around that, HE PULLED IT IN, SO IT'S STILL HIS OWN DAMNED FAULT.

I'd call this mode of thinking "depraved", however, it's perhaps more accurate to say that Ronroids FAIL the Voight-Kampff.
  21. Anonymous Member

So many an heros in this cult. Wonder what the suicide rate for scilons is compared to the average citizenry?
  22. Anonymous Member

Yeah, there could have been iPod Theft involved
  23. thetanic Member

RIP, David Vantrease.
  24. Relyt Member

What makes you think they haven't? I don't see any reason why they wouldn't.
  25. TomVorm Member

Ex-Scientologists have described a culture encouraging murder since at least 1968 (the "Racket Exposed" authorization of Sea Org members to use the R2-45 process on alleged defectors, found in the Auditor's issue 37).

More recently, the 1991 Time Magazine article alleged that Steve Fishman was ordered to "drop the body" by an "end of cycle" action from management (phrases verified in later affidavits of Martin Ottman and Jesse Prince). In Fishman's case, it was because he was caught and being prosecuted for document theft and forgeries.

An "End of Cycle" order is convenient for cult management to give to a member who is a potential liability, which someone would be if they had knowledge of illegal actions (such as those that occurred at Narconon Stone Hawk in Michigan).

In other cases (possibly including cult protestor Shawn Lonsdale and some persons tied to other Narconon
    locations), there were alleged suicides (where there was motive to stage a murder to convincingly look like a suicide). This would have sufficient elements (like a forged note) to allow a Sheriff or Coroner to close a case, and remove the threat of a witness revealing damaging information about the inside operations of one of the cult's main cash cows.

As there is financial means and motive for a murder staged as a suicide, it needs to be more fully investigated (than other cases that might appear to be similar).
  26. AnonyMary Member

FYI, Per Wickstrom has not been legally associated with A forever Recovery since Oct 2008 nor Narconon Freedom Center since Dec 2008

He is the registered agent of the dormant non-profit NARCONON STONE HAWK REHABILITATION CENTER, INC. which used to do business as
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]THE FREEDOM CENTER OF ALBION [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]770372[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4-14-2008 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2] expired [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]12-4-2008[/SIZE][/FONT]

A Forever Recovery is a profit making drug rehab corporation supposedly not associated with Narconon or Per Wickstrom except that it's president is Pamela Anderson, the corporate secretary of Wickstrom Chevrolet, which is owned by Per Wickstrom' brother.

Narconon Freedom Center, Inc appears to be run by Narconon EUS. The 2009 corp filings show several NN EUS staff member names. The former president Eric Tenorio and his wife Mildred are no longer listed as officers, per 2009 corp filing. I supposed that after the labor dept complaints for non payment of wages, EUS stepped in and booted the Tenorio's out.
  27. muldrake Member

I'm not surprised by that, but I wouldn't necessarily take it as meaning that Per Wickstrom actually has nothing to do with the rehab anymore, whatever it says on paper. Considering his divorce and large debts, he has a lot of reasons to want to keep his name off anything that could be attached either by his wife or other creditors. I suspect shenanigans.
  28. Anonymous Member

If he did, the scilons probably ninja'd it.
  29. Smurf Member

"A Special Use Permit was issued to Narconon Stone Hawk on October 5, 2006 for a Drug Educationand Rehabilitation Facility. Since that time the business partnership between Per Wickstrom and Kathleen Wickstrom has dissolved.

Kathleen Wickstrom retained ownership of the property at 300 Care Center Drive under the corporate name of Bellasam, Inc. Per Wickstrom retained ownership of the Narconon Stone Hawk corporate name."

http://www.ci.manistee.mi.us/Planning/Minutes/2008/PC Min 10-02-08.pdf

Another company - Soberdaily.com, Inc. is registered to Per Wickstrom.

ID Num: 00450X
    Entity Name: SOBERDAILY.COM, INC.
    Type of Entity: Domestic Profit Corporation
    Resident Agent: PER WICKSTROM
    Registered Office Address: 216 MUNSON AVE TRAVERSE CITY MI 49686
    Incorporation/Qualification Date: 1-11-2007
  30. Sponge Member

31. AnonyMary Member

Thanks for this info, Smurf :) Websites are owned since 2005 and are locked and not set up. Interesting.

soberdaily.com Whois - sober daily - Who.is
    Domain Name: soberdaily.com

Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: eNom - domain name, internet services, dns hosting

Expiration Date: 2010-11-02
    Creation Date: 2005-11-02
    Last Update Date: 2009-10-04

SOBERDAILY.COM WHOIS
    Registration Service Provided By: Active Internet Marketing
    Visit: | Active Internet Marketing

Domain name: soberdaily.com

Registrant Contact:
    Active Internet Marketing
    Michael Myles ()

Fax:
    10621 E Pico Dr.
    Traverse City, MI 49684
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Michael Myles ( 916ba0ea7d61b69.png @tcaim.com)
    +1.2319462334
    Fax: +1.8882514635
    10621 E Pico Dr.
    Traverse City, MI 49684
    US

Technical Contact:
    Michael Myles ( 916ba0ea7d61b69.png @tcaim.com)
    +1.2319462334
    Fax: +1.8882514635
    10621 E Pico Dr.
    Traverse City, MI 49684
    US

soberdaily.net Whois - sober daily - Who.is same/similar

soberdaily.org Whois - sober daily - Who.is same/similar

Yes, that is why I wrote 'legally', lol It would be nice if someone could document his actual relationship. I suspect Shenanagans as well. There are people with outstanding complaints against NN Stone Hawk.
  32. PodPeople Member

obit:
    The Vicksburg Post > Obituaries > William David Vantrease Jr.

"William David Vantrease Jr. died Friday, March 12, 2010, in Battle Creek, Mich. He was born in Vicksburg on April 7, 1982, and lived most of his life in Vicksburg.

David was preceded in death by his grandparents, Laura and Bill Howell; and grandfather, Jimmy Van-trease Sr.

Survivors include his mother, Leah Howell Wheeless and her husband, John; his father, William David Vantrease Sr. and his wife, Twila; and his grandmother, Irene Vantrease.

David was dedicated to helping people with substance abuse problems. He served as a counselor at Narconon Stone Hawk Treatment Center and as a treatment coordinator at A Forever Recovery treatment center in Battle Creek.

Funeral services will be held at Fisher Funeral Home at 10:30 a.m. Thursday with the Rev. P.J. Curley officiating. Visitation will be at Fisher Funeral Home from 5 until 7 Wednesday evening.

Pallbearers will be Linnie Wheeless, Sarah Wheeless Hammond, Frank Howell, Bill Howell, Jim Vantrease Jr., Eddie Ford, John George and Baxter Morris.

Donations may be made to the International Rett Syndrome Foundation, 4600 Devitt Drive, Cincinnati, OH, 45246, www.Rettsyndrome.org or French Camp Academy, 1 Fine Place, French Camp, MS 39745."

This makes me wonder if he might have suffered from Rett's Syndrome and yet another case of sci crappola interfering in proper care, or being told you're pts, or outethics, or whatever, when exhibiting signs of a disorder.
  33. XenuEtrawl Member

Possible, but unlikely. Only a tiny number of males with Rett Syndrome survive infancy. And most of those that do, can't speak.
  34. PodPeople Member

thanks, had this mixed up with a diff syndrome. He'd be 28. At least it won't be one of those cold sci funerals (rev pj curley, catholic priest)

anyone in Michigan heard anything?
  35. Re: RIP David Vantrease

nevermind
  36. Re: RIP David Vantrease

Really thats all that needs to be said here.
  37. Re: RIP David Vantrease

Honestly, he didn't believe in any of that crap. He simply found a job where he felt he was helping people and that's that. He found his place in the world trying to help people get back on their feet and used to love and hate his work, but who doesn't when they are working for something they are truthfully passionate about?
  38. Anonymous Member

Welcome YOUDONTEVENKNOW - I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend.
  39. Smurf Member

The majority of staff at Narconon are former drug addicts that stick around to help others with their addictions. I'm betting that is the case with Mr. Vantrease and I applaud him for his courage & tenacity.

I have found no evidence that he or anyone from his family in Mississippi has any connections to the cult. There is a newspaper article & photos of his mother, Twila, who is very grounded in the community.

The Vicksburg Post > Archives > School & Youth > Local troops see merger, retirement

It's very sad when any person takes his or her own life. I've had friends that have committed suicide and my older brother took that route a decade ago.

RIP David.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Re: RIP David Vantrease

How dare you say something so RUDE in a place where his friends and family might find this. David Vantrease meant the world to me. Its sad that people like you are out here making comments like these about him. Your exactly the people that should not even ever know about this. Because you are rude, and shortsighted.

[mod]Welcome to the site, here's your complimentary fruit basket. Punch and pie are being served in the dining room.[/mod]