Customize

Scientology's Super Power Building in Clearwater, Florida, is complete - fundraising for it ain't

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by amaX, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Dear Sea Org members posted at the Int Base,

All you have to do to go back to a normal, productive, happy life is procreate. Indulge in 2D activities as much as possible (with your legal spouses, of course), be fruitful, and multiply. Get your lives back, and have fun doing it at the same time!

Much love,

Guillaume Lesevre
    Former Executive Director International
    "Hole" Inmate
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. RolandRB Member

This time it will be different. If you don't get OT powers on the OT levels after doing the Super Power Rundown then you will have to redo the Rundown and the running round in circles part will last maybe six weeks for the second time, six months for a third time, six years for a fourth time. So this time they definitely get OT powers on the OT levels. And they are so impressed they up their IAS status as well. Time after time.
  3. Insanity..repeatedly asking me to register,and expecting results :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Well, then just fucking register, and have done with it.
    Also: TITS or GTFO.
  5. DeathHamster Member

Sure, Flag doesn't care if they crash all the local orgs so long as they make their own stats next Thursday.

It's always Bowb Your Buddy Week in Scientology.
  6. Fuck it,all right.I will register tomorrow.
    Getting my new pc tomorrow.
  7. Anonymous Member

Don't forget to bring your TITS ;)
  8. Anonymous Member

The Super Powers will be so much more POWERFUL than this.
    OHHH MAHH GAWWD!! You CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
  9. K
  10. Anonymous Member

The woo is, like, palpable, like.
  11. blownforgood Member

If you could do something bad enough to get offloaded from the property, you might end up in PAC. We called in "BLACK IN PAC" usage - "Don't screw this up or you might in up black in PAC." But that was in the 1990's.

Since I left (2005), it is REALLY HARD to get kicked off the base. You have to get pregnant, or think about getting Dave Miscavige pregnant in order to get out of there.
    • Funny Funny x 5
  12. RightOn Member

eeeeewwwwww
  13. anonymous612 Member

True story: Clearwater is so unremarkable for anything positive that our tourism team's best idea for signs at the city limits was "Welcome to Clearwater: spring training home of the Phillies."

</miscellaneous intermission>
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. amaX Member

For Six~
    Welcome to Clearwater: Gateway to Beautiful Historic Dunedin
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

From the Buzzfeed article by Alex Klein titled Is Scientology Self-Destructing?

Combine all the money raised in Buffalo, Seattle, and Orange County, and you won't even get close to the haul brought in by the most ideal — and emptiest — of the Ideal Orgs: the "Super Power" building in Clearwater. The titanic structure was presented to the IRS as a $24 million project in 1993. Today, it remains unfinished. A St. Petersburg Times analysis, based on public donor commendations, put the amount of funds raised for the massive building at a minimum of $145 million.

Amy Scobee, a former member of Scientology's central spiritual corps, Sea Org, says the building is a "cash cow," which has long "sat as a shell, taking in money." Scobee, who's also Mark Elliott's stepdaughter, left the church after alleging physical abuse while working in the church's top-secret training outpost. "They don't have the staff to open it [the Super Power Building]," she says, "not even to keep the lights on."

"Each year," says Rinder, "we sent [parishioners] repeated promises that vast amounts of money were needed to complete it." Rinder, who worked at the church's highest levels for almost all of the Super Power fundraising years, says that the building has taken in "in excess of $200 million dollars" in donations. By adding up public donation commendations, Jefferson Hawkins estimates a "minimum" of $142 million raised.

But in 2009, a Scientology staffer overseeing construction told the Tampa Bay Times that the Super Power building had only cost $40 million so far, and that the church expected to spend another $50 million to finish it. If the fundraisers have netted more than $200 million, as Rinder says, that will leave Scientology with $110 million in raised but unspent funds, sitting in the central church's reserves.

The massive building recently spent another $1 million to be "repainted a different shade of beige," says Scobee. She said it was a way for Miscavige to demonstrate his control. "Scientology is not about the person any more," she says. "It's about the assets."

Source: www.buzzfeed.com/alexklein/is-scientology-self-destructing

There's a thread about the article here:
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/buzzfeed-is-scientology-self-destructing.108139/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. amaX Member

The $1 million dollar paint job was not recent, but it did happen. It was such a mess putting the scaffolding up around the building that they left the scaffolding up long after the building was painted while they waited for Miscavige to roll back into Clearwater. There was some kind of fine levied against them by the electric company for not removing the metal scaffolding...I'll have to recheck that lovely story for details later.
    According to contractors who showed up for a walk-through so they could bid on the job to finally "finish" the building---the cult was coughing up $90 million just for that final push.
    According to James Bond (cult permit guy) they're only gathering money for "maintenance" now.
    *Except for the fact that they put in too many offices and now must reno two floors of the monstrosity. Your Cult OT Powers At Work!
    NOVA got the bid on the mecca building because they're willing to turn a blind eye to the cult using SO slave labor on the construction sites. NOVA's prez is Chip Hardy. Chip has his own lovely furniture making business in China. Seems he probably knows a lot about slave labor.

I agree with the St. Pete Times analyst: I'd say there's been at least $145 million spent on the building up to this point.

It's the gift that keeps on taking!
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Random guy Member

Quoted for for entertainment value.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Quentinanon Member

He may have been inspired by the RPF-staffed furniture manufacturing shop at Flag.
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

This morning on Facebook, Tony Ortega posted:

BREAKING: Scientology sued in federal court for fraud over refund scheme by former high-level members, with more plaintiffs to come. Press conference about to start.

SCIENTOLOGY SUED FOR FRAUD OVER REFUND SCHEME, MORE PLAINTIFFS TO COME

We’ve written about this state of affairs numerous times. Now, the Garcias have filed a lawsuit that accuses church leader David Miscavige of turning Scientology into little more than a fraudulent money-making scam.

“The Church, under the leadership of David Miscavige, has strayed from its founding principles and morphed into a secular enterprise whose primary purpose is taking people’s money,” the complaint says.

A year ago, when Debbie Cook sent out her explosive e-mail to fellow church members, she accused Scientology leader David Miscavige of turning Scientology away from its original goals and instead put all the recent emphasis on his pet projects, including the “Super Power” Building in Clearwater, Florida and the church’s defense fund, the International Association of Scientologsts. But even though church members are under intense pressure to donate to these projects, they are never told how the money is used. Cook accused Miscavige of using the donations to amass a billion-dollar slush fund for his personal use. The Garcias make a similar complaint, saying that they gave about $420,000 in donations for the Super Power Building project, the IAS, and for services at the “Flag Land Base” in Clearwater. They were repeatedly assured that the money would be used for specific reasons that they now say were all lies.

(The Super Power Building first broke ground in 1998, and its exterior appears finished. But its wild interiors are apparently still being remodeled, and the facility has never been opened. When it does open, it’s supposed to deliver “super power” processes to wealthy high-level church members. The cost to build the structure have ranged as high $100 million, but Garcia and others say that the church has raised at least twice as much as that.)

<snip>

– Luis Garcia, in the press conference: “Every time I was asked for a donation for the [Super Power] Building, I was told it would open within a year. I was lied to.”

– Ted Babbitt, Luis’s attorney, says that the lawsuit is not about Luis wanting the Super Power building open, but about the lies. “We can’t wait to see the finances” that will come out in discovery, he says. Oh, we can imagine he is looking forward to that.

The full article, and open comments are here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/23/sc...d-over-refund-scheme-more-plaintiffs-to-come/

There's a thread about the lawsuit here:
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/...for-fraud-its-going-down-like-bird-sh.108358/
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. amaX Member

HAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAH! I've been saying for along fucking time that Super Power was pissing off the culties with money. I love it.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. amaX Member

We tried to help them. The Clearwater Cell has had at least 4 grand openings for the damned building.
    • Funny Funny x 4
  22. amaX Member

Oh the fun is never going to end today. Guess what came in the mail?
    GOING CLEAR SCIENTOLOGY, HOLLYWOOD, & THE PRISON OF BELIEF BY LAWRENCE WRIGHT.
    I'm so amped I think I could hang with the motherfuckery Anons in NewYawk today.
  23. wolfbane Member

You, amped up... gives me horrifying thoughts of a red bull induced accident involving a suped up scooter. :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  24. Lucky you.:p I'm home with a cold and payday is the 25th!:(
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. amaX Member

Dang. Get well soon. Rest, rest, rest.
  26. Anonymous Member

With just a cold?

tumblr_lo68qkdrij1qbjy2k.gif
  27. Anonymous Member

Yes, let's do go around sick so we can infect other people... right?
  28. Honey, I work in a highly public place. If U want me coughing phlegm on your dishes before U eat off'n 'em, fine.

Besides, I have a pretty physical job. I ache, my fucking chest hurts and I'm coughing up slime. I dealt with the symptoms for days because if I am so much as sick for one day I return to twice the work to straighten everything out went wrong the day before.

Of course I would pick this week to listen to the audiobook of "The Stand"...;)
  29. amaX Member

NONONO. The Stand is EVIL. It's probably what's making you sicker!
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

Mwahahahaahhaha! The plans are coming together beautifully!

Big X.
  32. My current job should be a mindless one. Most of the time it is. The Stand at it's end will have made 59 hours of my time in purgatory pass relatively quickly. The rest of the time is spent teaching engineers how to do something that ain't rocket science.

But good advice is good, will instead be listening toPhillip Marlowe/Raymond Chandler and The Royal Thai Dectective Series readings until this passes.:D
    • Winner Winner x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

Wuss.jpg?t=20111221114344.jpg
  34. Anonymous Member

Girlfriend you could always hang with those guys.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

On Facebook this morning, Tony Ortega posted this:

Our tipsters are so great. When we wrote that Scientology is saying its "Mecca" won't be complete until it builds "L. Ron Hubbard Hall" south of the Super Power Building and we wondered if construction had started, one of our readers ran over there and took photos for us. Take a look yourself to see how much progress has been made on the vaunted new hall!

Super Power: No Signs of Construction for New Hall « The Underground Bunker

http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/21/super-power-no-signs-of-construction-for-new-hall/
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Quentinanon Member

Aha. Building L. Ron Hubbard Hole is just Fund Raising Fraud Part II.
    The Super Power building was Fund Raising Fraud Part I.
    I bet Miscavige plans to string this out for 15 years + as well, if he can last that long.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

Don't go into the Super Power room with the mirrored floor and disco dance like Travolta.
    That is all.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. genoramix Member

imho flag and super power bld will end into a dance club :p I could see a nice line up, like Carl Cox, Dave Clarke and others at flag for the minimal floor, simon postford and infected mushroom for super power, the psy-trance floor, and real kool-aid laced with heavy amounts of LSD....One can dream ;)
    • Like Like x 3
  39. It will be opening soon, they just need to find some super powers first.........
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Samki Member

That would be awesome! Srsly. How many floors is it? It could be different genres on different floors! Rap floor. Electronica floor. 60s floor. Hard rock floor. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. (Oh, and a cheesy musicals floor just for that reference.)
    • Like Like x 1