Customize

[Sep 3, 2012] Chicago Scientology protest for September (Chicago, USA)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Groupphoto1small.jpg

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a whole lot of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other Notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and the police will be notified of our being there. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Note on location: the Scientology building is actually at 3011 N. Lincoln Ave., not 3017. I just had to punch in the latter so that the push-pin spot on the above map would show up the correct spot. Here's another map:

w8rqqv.png

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Darth Xander Member

I would suggest a later start. Remember Memorial Day?
  3. Paladin Member

If they hire security guards again, they may have to pay them double-time to work the holiday. :D
  4. The date and the time may be changed at some point, so keep a close eye on this thread. I just wanted to get something up here for now as a placeholder for any newbies.

Rock on!
  5. Anonymous Member

Going with the majority, but expressing a preference for Saturday or Sunday.

Just because I might have to leave early on Monday.
  6. Darth Xander Member

Raiding Flag on that Saturday. Could do Sunday.
  7. Anonymous Member

Derail/
    Yay for the raid on Clearwater!!!
    Love that and looking forward to the postgame.
    Derail over./
  8. Paladin Member

I can do the Labor Day Monday or any Saturday in September. I reserve my Sunday mornings for a real church but I can do Sundays later in the afternoon, like 3 to 6.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I could do Sunday, but it's not really my preference.

So far I haven't seen anyone say they can't do Monday. If we did 11-2 like usual, does that prevent anyone from coming out?

I'd actually like to do a morning protest sometime and catch all the staff coming in to work, along with any morning public coming in for courses, but that would require being there by like 8:30(?) a.m., and I don't know if mornings and computer geeks work well together.
  10. I wish... Dom could smell what I'm smellin'...

11. SkunkSkirt Member

I can do Saturday,Sunday, Or Monday.
    And I'm feeling better now, so I won't be sick the whole time!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Meatwad Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. RightOn Member

14. Awright, I'm planning for Monday the 3rd then.

Are we doing an earlybird run, or the usual 11-2?
  15. Lol story of the day:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anonymous612 Member

I didn't know you were still alive.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SkunkSkirt Member

Sorry, I can't go. I just found out. D:
    At least not on Labor Day.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Paladin Member

The early Anon catches the Scilon.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Either time on Monday works for me...

Or are we doing two shifts, so after the Early Anons leave, the Scilons sit back and relax, only to be unpleasantly surprised by the Lunch Anons?
  20. Paladin Member

My hope is that, whenever we leave, the Scilons are never able to sit back and relax. If they can do that, then we didn't troll them hard enough.;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Personally, I'd rather just get everyone in the same place at the same time than try for both morning and noon shifts. Cuz we'd either have to split our numbers, which makes things less fun for most people, or do some marathon run which risks people getting tired, cranky, or burnt-out.

Come back out. We have won our right to demonstrate after someone put their ass on the line with a police citation and the courts threw the charge out. And you may get to see your boo Domenic.

Well, that sucks. I'm sort of locked into Labor Day now, but hopefully our next one is on a Saturday (or some other day that you can make).

Well, they keep freaking out and locking the door, so... 2ymukab.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  22. you all don't even know what you're doing. how many of you have actually been inside our church or learned anything about scientology at all?
    think again
    This message by think again has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. coming back for another spanking? better stay home with your criminal friends. i hear things did not end well for you last time.
    think again
    This message by think again has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
  24. anonymous612 Member

I've read fifteen Hubbard books. I've been audited on the cans. I scored so well on your OCA the test proctor was SPEECHLESS. I've talked the Flag DSA into a corner just by using his own logic. And I happen to make the TRs look fucking sexy (which is not an easy feat).

So basically, fuck off. Your bitchiness and butthurt does not change the fact that the Chicago anons have a constitutional right to protest your little cult as many times as they want.

Seriously, OSAtroll, stick to Clearwater, we all know you don't have the manpower to do anything in Chicago.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Paladin Member

Your acceptance of the idea that people protest Scientology because they don't understand it, is what keeps people like yourself under control. I am sure that you have witnessed problems with Scientology yourself but have convinced yourself that it was for the greater good. I hope that some day you will see the truth and stop believing the lies.

From,
    A former Scientologist
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Quentinanon Member

You are talking about yourself OSAhole. You need to learn that your "source" and "founder" invented sci-fi nonsense for his marks (includes you) to audit out and pay his business for it, that he repeatedly psychologically abused his family, driving one son to suicide and another to drugs, set his loyal wife up to take the blame for his crimes, embezzled millions of dollars from his "church" to go into bank accounts in Switzerland and Liechtenstein, ordered the assassinations of members of the British Parliament he believed were his "enemies", Fair Gamed authors and journalists who exposed his scams (think Paulette Cooper), and exploited those who worked for him. I was in your "churches" before you were born. I was at St. Hill when the psychopathic punk who runs your "church" beat up a preclear in session.
    Get a life!
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. you guys have no idea what you're talking about. and unfortunately for you and luckily for us, you cannot take away someone's freedom of belief and right to worship no matter how much you protest.

seriously wake up and stop believing false data. stop hurting something that is bringing people joy and fulfillment. people would not be learning about scientology and using the tech if it wasn't working. how do you explain scientology's popularity worldwide?

no not everyone in scientology is perfect. different people have different experiences. some people have bad situations at their jobs, churches, whatever. people will find and do what they want. scientology is no different. acting like only bad things happen in scientology is stupid. you are only believing what you want to believe.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

My dear, they have lied to you.
    Please google.
    Look at Freedom Magazine and ask yourself why a church would spend time and money black pr ing people.
    Did you know that David Miscagive's father has blown?
    Did you read Debbie Cook's email?
    So many are blowing- it's not expanding- that's a lie they tell you to keep you in.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

Did you ever wonder why there are certain people that you just don't see anymore? If you visit the ex-scientologist message board (ESMB) you may find them. Many have lost their families simply because they chose not to be involved in the COS. Disconnection is so cruel- it's one of the ways that the COS keeps people in.
    Good luck.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  30. anonymous612 Member

How about you come back when you're allowed to Google search your own religion?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. Paladin Member

You are right in saying that people have the freedom to believe whatever they want. However, people are not free to do whatever they want. There are people who have mocked and ridiculed Scientology's beliefs. But the reason people spend their time standing outside an org holding signs is because of Scientology's abuses.

I also agree that people have bad experiences with other organizations. But you need to examine whether those experiences were the result of bad people abusing their organization or abusive policies created by the organization itself. LRH's policies regarding the Sea Org, the RPF, and other members were intended to control people, not to give them "joy and fulfillment".

I do not agree that Scientology is popular worldwide. I do believe that there are always people in this world who are looking for answers about life. Some of those people may turn to Scientology. But are those people truly being helped or are they really being used? How much are they paying and what are they getting in return?
    • Winner Winner x 5
  32. Anonymous Member

That's only about 25-45 thousand worldwide by the way.
  33. anonymous612 Member

The Director of Special Affairs at Flag admitted there were only 1000 active Scientologists in the entire Clearwater/Tampa Bay area. An area that spans, oh, say, five or so CITIES. Including CLEARWATER.

And before you ask, my dear Scientologist friend, he didn't know he was admitting it to us, so no, he wasn't purposely lying to throw us off. Unless you think he was also lying to Scientologists...
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Paladin Member

I still see a start time of 11. Are we doing 8-11 or 11-2?

The street was pretty dead on the Memorial Day protest. I think it will be the same on Labor Day. If we wait until 11, most of the staff will be inside and stay there until we leave. I'm not an early riser, but if we are going to raid that day then I think getting there before the staff arrives would be the more interesting time.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. RightOn Member

YAY Chicago!!
    GO GO GO!
  36. RightOn Member

no you wake up and stop believing false data.
    when COS stops hurting people both mentally,physcially and financially, then I will stop fighting against it
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  37. Dra Member

I probably won't be able to make it until 9 or 9:30... Just let me know what you guys decide to do... :)
  38. That's what I was about to do, come back and try to finalize what the starting time will be. I'll adjust the thread info when we figure something out for sure.

I am flexible either way, but I prefer morning! Midday on a holiday will be pretty dead. Let's say hello to the staff instead!
  39. Anonymous Member

I cordially invite you to meet us at the protest, where we can have a polite and hopefully enturbulatlightening conversation.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  40. I think there should be a Scientology protest in smaller cities, Like farmington NM or Carbondale IL, these are places with fairly neutral people and no church of Scientology, Anonymous could rally alot of numbers from these little cities.