Customize

Sparrow Transcripts (!)

Discussion in 'Anon Sparrow' started by tikk, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

The shit stain on the exhibit marked where the spot (MAP) where Kim was standing when she first thought about making up shit on Sparrow.
  2. Orson Member

I'm laughing that even the judge is referring to RP as "Radio Paul" instead of his real name, or "Mr. So and So".
    • Like Like x 6
  3. xenubarb Member

They're gonna file a "liable" case against Sparrow next? It ain't "liable" if it's true!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. subgenius Member

Ofc. Roger Lowery, Jr. is a lying perjuring piece of shit.
  5. Anonymous Member

As a participant in that effort, it is satisfying to see it was a fruitful exercise. Our best results come from that type of collaborative work.

Congrats again Sparrow.

Thanks to Tikk and others for the OCR version being done. (oh, look, more collaboration).

HINT FUCKERS.
    :)
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Orson Member

Does not give me an erection. Pic related.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. tikk Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Who's libel for these liablous allegations?

We should sue for liable.
  9. tamsonsbairn Member

He's a scientology knob jockey
    • Like Like x 1
  10. That would be the allegator himself, I think you'll find.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. adhocrat Member

George Gerschwin may have said it best
  12. Sponge Member

Lucky he didn't have a nickname like "Fuckeye" then. That would've been awesome.
    • Like Like x 13
  13. Zhent Member

Eek. adhocrat said he was doing 4-29 yesterday! (http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/sparrow-transcripts.90168/page-6#post-1794079) I hope you two sort that out ASAP so theres not too much overlap. Perhaps one can work backwards towards the middle.

As far as I am aware 05-03 and 05-04 are the only ones not being worked on, though I might have a crack at 05-04 since it doesn't look too messed up. (EDIT: I am doing 05-04)
  14. Anonymous Member

15. tikk Member

Uh oh. I looked but missed him saying he was going to do that. Hopefully he didn't do it b/c I finished it here:

http://db.tt/ynBlrso
    • Like Like x 1
  16. RightOn Member

I think the back of that "birthday game sik" jacket should be DM's Hermes shirt design
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

WINNER OF THE LRH BIRTHDAY GAME FOR HAVING 40 PUBLIC !
    DC ORG FAILING LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
  18. Anonymous Member

WINNER OF THE LRH BIRTHDAY GAME FOR HAVING 40 PUBLIC !
    DC ORG FAILING LIKE NEVER BEFORE!
  19. anonodrama Member

Nope, this started with Hubs. Their org won the "Birthday Game". This is the 'LRH ED' that explains the whole idiotic mess.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/52438654/...ch-1982-Revision-of-the-Birthday-Game-1982-83

It's interesting for many reasons (including mention of target 2 and weird future stuff), but if you get stuck partway through reading it (all the 'targets' and such) there is mention of the jockey stuff on page 4, and again on page 6 point #6, page 7, point #7. It also closes with the point. There might be more, but I couldn't stomach a full read-through again. I don't know what is up with all the different fonts, but it's genuine. While on staff this would REGULARLY be given to all staff as a 'target' that we had to get a 'star-rate check-out' on (quizzed by another staff member to ensure we fully understood it, could apply it, and had no 'misunderstood words'). So, the executive director of the org that won each year got racing silks and a stupid trophy.

Also note the date...when Hubs was supposedly "off the lines" of running things.
  20. Zhent Member

For anyone working on cleaning up the transcripts, I found some useful regular expressions that will speed up the process.

The automatic OCR'd docs leaves loads of tab breaks and double spaces in the text body, to remove these open the Find & Replace dialog box.

To remove double/tripple spaces search for [:space:]+ and replace with ' ' (no quotations), this will replace double spaces with a single space.
    To remove tab breaks mid sentance search for \t and replace with ' ' (no quotations), this will replace tabs with a space.
    Often there is a combination of spaces and tabs breaking up lines, so use \t[:space:]+ and [:space:]+\t where appropriate.

There other expressions for line breaks etc but I haven't tried applying those.

Note: I am using OpenOffice, but Word should be quite similar.

ALSO: The judge admits he fell asleep during V for Vendetta.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. tikk Member

In Word you can literally just grep two spaces for one to remove double spaces; or just copy and paste a tab to replace it with a single space. A carriage return in Word = ^p. There are instances where I found it advantageous to grep " A. " with "^p^pA. " (and same with " Q. ") Also " MR. KEY: " with "^p^pMR. KEY: " What this does is take
    and changes it to
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Zhent Member

Oh excellent, great to see you are on the ball with this.

EDIT: I did note your document was weiredly split into two columns, I assume this is a cross platform problem? (Word -> OpenOffice). Also your pages flow into one another, ie table of contents starts on page one, was this intentional? I think at the end of this we should pretty-up each document, ensure uniformity among the different days and create a PDF of it for maximum compatibility.

And here is 05-04-2011 first draft:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7thigbrknibv6gu/sparrow-transcript_05-04-2011_R1.doc

If someone could read though it at their leisure to check for problems...
    • Like Like x 1
  23. tikk Member

24. Zhent Member

Thats probably why the pages spill over as well. Do you want me to fix all that up? Also remove the old page numbers? (See previous post edit regarding prettying up)
  25. tikk Member

I fixed in the copy which I linked to so if you just re-download it you'll see it's fine. I left the page numbers b/c the page numbers are useful. Ideally the line numbers would've been retained but that's not realistic. I know you took them out, which is fine but ideally the page numbers should stay b/c you always cite to a page number when you cite a transcript. If you want to adapt what I did with yours and want to make it all similar go ahead and remove the page numbers, you're in charge.
  26. Zhent Member

Would it perhaps be better to create new a pagination system, including changing the original index? We could be much more flexible this way, though it may be prudent to retain the original system?
  27. tikk Member

Introducing a second pagination system where an official one already exists sounds likely to guarantee confusion.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Zhent Member

Fair enough, though we are firmly stuck with two systems due to the nature of reformatting. I will have a think on how to best preserve the old system. Perhaps we can have interactive hyperlinks or something.
  29. Anonymous Member

By the way- what's up with Sparrow's civil case? [Sorry I'm asking a repeat question].
    When is that?
    Is Moxon representing Belotte in the civil case?
  30. subgenius Member

Are the transcripts of the depositions available?
  31. Anonymous Member

Sparrow's lawyer must have them. I'm not sure what are the rules in the US about releasing them.
  32. subgenius Member

no issue
    can we haz pleeze?
  33. Anonymous Member

When is the civil case? I bet after the civil case is over, Sparrow will release them.
  34. Anonymous Member

Must wait until after the civil trial.....that is what a little birdie told me, anyway...
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Yes she does!

KB_2face_v1lrg.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  36. COREarg Member

How this thread makes me feel:

GOTTA READ TRANSCRIPTS

TRANSCRIPTS! I'M GOING TO READ THE TRANSCRIPTS!

I LOVE YOU TRANSCRIPTS!
    SO MUCH TRANSCRIPTS,NEED TO SEE IT ALL...! *excited gasps*
    • Like Like x 1
  37. subgenius Member

ah, texas hold-em
    love it
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

That one's on the OCR, no doubt.

"oh no"

I don't like to be rude (or do I?), but the best of her ability is... lacking.

Still, it is at least an effective transcript, despite the errata. For that, I do have happy pants.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Orson Member

ITT: Tikk and Zhent talk like nerds.

:)
    • Like Like x 6
  40. lostatsea Member

True. But nerd is the new sexay. ;)
    • Like Like x 6