Customize

STOP "Watson"

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Strider, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Herro Member

I am going to smash your face off of your face.
  2. Yoshisniper Member

3. hey man even it watson fails at everything else he would probably do a better job of raising peoples childrens.
  4. Zak McKracken Member

nigga plz.

[IMG]

Scilon eating cake
    Starbuck fracking a toaster
    You can't handle "good"

toaster.gif
  5. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Well, it didn't happen so I couldn't pass this up.

If you want something done improperly....

watsontrollface.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WMAnon Member

ilu Herro
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Zak McKracken Member

No ad hom.
    Ann, Herro, Miranda have spoken.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Jatugal Member

I like machines. I like the idea of A.I. That is all I have to say.
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

Interesting how a common human simplification (America instead of USA) is not handled by Watson. Something similar is happening in Europe: the European union is often referred to as "Europe".

IMHO, the IBM advertisement campaign should include this episode.
  11. Anonymous Member

x2. It'd only go skynet if we programmed it to have too much AI and not enough failsafe.
  12. Anonymous Member

I intend to run a robot psychiatric ward in mine...
    fry%20in%20robot%20asylum.png
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Loki's spawn Member

Pfft, it's not like it's the terminator or anything. Unless they start making killer robots out of tungsten carbide, I'm pretty sure there's no need to worry.
  14. I am havoc Member

We should have no fear of this machine. The human mind is much more complex than that. Did you see how much room that it took up? Our brain is able to fit in a child's hand. This machine is simply a sorting robot. It searches the internet and finds answers. In the video, no one else had open range to the internet. No one else had the chance to scroll through webpage after webpage of facts. It will be a long time until a robot is the same level, not only mentally, but physically. We have nothing to worry about.
  15. Puppetmama Member

It is getting to be full moon all the time here at WWP. What are our crimes?! We must be being punished for SOMETHING.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ITT people who don't understand a joke
  17. Anonymous Member

I don't get it
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Angela Merkel Member

In AI, you have to distinguish between two different goals
    goal1: emulate the COMPLETE human (even of inferior species) intelligence
    goal2: make solutions to specific problems (e. g. Watson)

For sure, even current hardware and software, if in AI, kind of goal2, or not, can lead to several menaces, as human capabilities are easily outreached by IT.
    Predicting from the current state, it will take centuries to achieve goal1. In this regard, AI is extremely exaggerated, FSR. All begins with a proper knowledge representation.
  19. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Welcome to the wonderful rape world of Chanology. Your first post was a necromancy post, so bonus points...

Anyways, in game AI, the beauty isn't making an AI that can alwaus defeat the player: The AI could do that easily, even following the game's rules. The trick is to make an AI that can lose, but appear to put up a fight or out think the player.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. none given Member

I would like to point out that the Wright flyer was a rickety contraption; nothing more than a potentially fatal toy.
    Yet powered flight saw action on both sides 15 years later in WW1.
    Just this February I myself said “The twitter revolution” would take 20 years to “sweep across the Arab world” I was only off by 19.5 years.
    Careful with that prognostication.
  21. Angela Merkel Member

Emphazising my previous post, there are divers options to interpret the replies. Always, two possibilities.
    1 Again, someone mixed up real AI and game AI. Good enough, participating in a DDOS-attack.
    2 The usual phrase is: "The project (or term paper) showed promising results."
    3 According to your guiidelines, one has to be polite to officers. Ain't easy.

Anyways,: Qui bono?

PS: Good luck to the next shift.
  22. antianonymous Member

Dear anon? Wow you really need to get some sun anon faggot. Your group is a joke.
  23. Anonymous Member

"group"

LOL you utter mongoloid.
  24. Anonymous Member

u mad?
  25. antianonymous Member

Ahaha what are you, four? U mad?
  26. antianonymous Member

Ya i am
  27. Anonymous Member

s_dusty2.jpg
  28. Anonymous Member

Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Anonymous Member

One day, aspies will build all knowing robots. Who didn't see that coming?
  31. Angela Merkel Member

> One day ... Precisely. > ... aspies ... What a preconception is this? Yours, Angela