Customize

Tommy Gorman Responds

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by tommygormanxenu$, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arithia Member

Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

A few people are grouping them all together, but it doesnt seem to be general concensus. The majority seems to be very much "fuck Tommy and Tori" right now.

Oh and Daemon, lawl @ your lack of sleeves :p
  2. Ironhead Member

I'm not on the bandwagon myself, despite everything said I can't help but feel I would have done the same thing tommy did...sorry, I'm not ghandi, never pretended to be.

I think there's the troll to end all trolls afoot...no pics, no links, just a theory. I think there are those among us who want this drama alot. I think there are some who will say "well duh!!!" and there are those who will say "lurk moar newfag"
  3. monamia Member

Hard to do; but good to do anon1957. much nuance to the social skills acquired while under the influence, and the duration of the influence...
  4. monamia Member

so even at a superficial level, Tory is in contact, or OSA is in contact, even if it is briefly and on the streets. if this is the case, this is not a good thing. london. la. sf. dc.

very interesting.
  5. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

It may have some "hope" now that that Namco swooped in and nabbed it. The official forums for Hellgate are a sad place. heh.
  6. Anon23517 Member

Right. I've now caught up on the threads. I'm in Australia, so most of this went down while I was sleeping.

Firstly, I'm probably older than Tommy Gorman. Secondly, I'm disabled. Thirdly, I'm on the other side of the fucking planet. So, Gorman, if, by some chance, I win the lottery and show up to a SF protest and ask you what the fuck you think that non-apology was, are you going to attack me for it, too? Can you not get it through your head that the internet is not the same as real life? Is that so impossible to parse out? I'm honestly curious, because you seem to be completely blinkered to this very important and fucking simple truth.

Internet. NOT THE SAME AS REAL LIFE. Live it. Learn it. FFS.

Good fucking god. I'm appalled. MPB, you handled it the best you could, given the situation, imo. Yes, I've read the TD thread. I lurk in TD from time to time b.c you people make me laugh my arse off. I don't post b.c, well, I'm not that funny and Aussie humour often gets lost in translation.

Do the OG get over-worshipped? Some, for sure. Others, no. Do some OG buy into that? Clearly they fucking do. Do they all? Fuck no.

Mate, if you turn up at one of our local protests, you can bet people will be moving away from you because of your unpredictable temper and inability to understand that real life is not the same as the internet.

Oh, and fwiw, my mother, who is currently drugged to the nines on cancer medication, read that fucking thread in TD, and asked wtf anyone was taking it seriously. This, from a woman who isn't on the internet and is older than most of the OG.

Sorry for tl;dr. I'm pissed. Now I'm off to drop off YFTC around the hospital.
  7. Honk_Honk111 Member

Less fucking DRAMA.

I don't give two shits what MPB said to Tory in the TD. TD =/= normal forum. What is said in the TD stays there.

I know people who aren't from the *chans will probably not be used to this and might take it as a personal attack. The OG who find their ways into the TD generally don't understand what it is. The solution is to lurk moar, or don't post. Maybe we could put something in there, a stickied thread or something explaining things like this.

Now, I'd like to point out that OSA is loving this. Any drama takes way from the overall goals of Chanology. We all know the nature of the dome and that MPB's "threats" were trolls, but most of us come from the *chans which is pretty much a community based on people trolling each other. It's understandable why Tommy would be pissed off here.

Now Tommy and MPB have some drama going on here. Can't we fucking leave it at that? Stop fucking dividing Chanology. We don't all need to pick sides. Anyone helping us here is an ally. I can guarantee you that OSA is trying as hard as it can to make drama like this divide us. YOUR WHINING WILL ONLY MAKE US LESS EFFECTIVE.

tl;dr STAY ON MOTHERFUCKING TARGET.
  8. AnonMSW Member

Undoubtedly there are both, but I find it extremely difficult to discount four independent accounts, the responses in this thread by a poster confirmed to be "Tommy Gorman" (not saying it can't be spoofed, but who would bother - yeah I know, sophisticated troll is sophisticated)... anyway, after all of it..

Well, that was my 2 cents and I'll be quiet now. I wouldn't protest with him, but then I don't have to so my work here is done.
  9. monamia Member

this has to be assumed. always assume they are around and smart; assume they have infiltrated or are in touch with someone who has "left." this is what cults do. this is exactly how i got introduced to cults.
  10. rawrz Member

For fuck suck, every SF anon will be dealing with Tommy when the time comes and as far as I'm concerned the thread has run its course. Mods please lock this shit already.
  11. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

:)
  12. monamia Member

i think it should be kept open due to the new insight/twist. ironhead is a genius. i hope he's on the right side. (xo) VERY interesting.
  13. Anonqwerty Member

Sage, lock this shit.
  14. arithia Member

Eh, Iron, no one is perfect and everyone is human. We all act out of anger sometimes, however something is nagging at the back of my skull about all this....

What bothers me most about their actions, is both of them distancing themselves from any blame in the situation. Magoo made the concious decision to go into TD and play with fire. Tommy made the concious decision to act in anger and threaten MPB irl. When confronted on the forums, more threats from Tommy, more manipulation of data from Magoo.

Granted, everyone's "reality" of what goes on in front of them is subjective, no two people are going to interpret anything in the exact same way. It is, however, troubling that a pattern of behavior is beginning to emerge.

I'm sure there is an Ubertroll lurking about, and I'm sure some of the anons do flock to drama like a fat kid to candy. I am sure there are people trying to manipulate this situation, on multiple sides. There are OG who do not like anons, anons who do not like og, and the CoS hates us all and would love to see the two biggest thorns in their sides destroy each other.

This was something building, lurking beneath the surface for some time now. It was bound to happen sooner or later, especially when some of the goddamn hero worshippers realized that the OG are human and can fuck up just like the rest of us. You can respect certain people sure, but in the end you realize that there is a small chance what they are saying could be a lie. You have to take what they give you at face value, but with a disclaimer. Buyer beware, and all that shit. It is my theory that is a large chunk of what is going on between the groups, and always has been.
  15. Skeptic1337 Member

While I wish it was as simple as Tommy there is still some nerd rage going on.

Let it run it's course, one good thing has come out of it so far (this aint in the closet and all you SFanons are dealing with it).
  16. Daywatch Member

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW THIS BOTHERS ME MAKE IT GO AWAY
  17. Ironhead Member

still is beyond me what magoo was doing in TD to begin with. naturally she went voluntarily...I don't think she truly understood the nature of the beast.
  18. tiggernew Member

I'm old, and never had any hero-worship for Tory, Tommy or any of them (except maybe ex-OT Michael -- seems like a good dude, always has something valuable and calming to say -- no "worship," just respect).

But... it seems just as well to me that anons are back on their guards with regard to OG and pretty much anyone with deep knowledge of Sci. It's best to be cautious, and I think many had gotten a little too complacent, comfortable & cozy.

Don't be bringing new friends back to your homes, people. Guard your RL identity and coordinate/associate as little as you have to in order to get the job done, because you really never know quite who you're dealing with here. If you knew someone already outside this movement and know them to be "safe" and trustworthy, coolheaded and appreciative of the risks, well, it's fine for them to know what you're up to. But we've all seen that young, hotheaded anons sometimes get so mad at EACH OTHER that they threaten to dox each other. Who needs that shit? None of us.

Stay safe, people. And stay on target.

If Tommy shows up at a protest, do what we would do with a known hostile -- stay away from him. If he does something potentially violent or threatening, sit down, use your Gandhi tech, and let the cops handle it.

If Tory wants to protest alongside anons, it's her right to be there, but that doesn't mean we have to greet her like visiting royalty, ya know? Some have done so, but I wouldn't have been one of them. (She was always a little too cheery/enthusiastic for me. Just not my style, and I'm not very trusting.)

I generally do my protesting individually, kind of on my own, although near the pack, and watch as close to 360 degrees around me as I can, just to be careful. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

We're not friends. We're not a group. We don't have to get along. We don't have to like each other. And those who endanger others must be dealt with by the police.

That's my $.02 worth of takeaway learning from all this.
  19. Jugular Member

we spelled it out the nature of the beast to her, like five or six of us. in person. she came in once. left because she got flamed. CALLED ME and WHO KNOWS WHO ELSE the next day. I explained the whole TD thing, Anonymous' hazing rituals, and the MANY OTHER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT WITH HER TIME and to either forget about, or come back and be ready to be told awful awful things about her sexlife with horses.

she then came back.
  20. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

QFT. And you weren't the only one. She didn't call me, but I can name two others that she called as well. So that's at least a dozen at this point.
  21. Daywatch Member

but what set her off was BLACK DIANETICS

not pr0n not raep
    not anything

it was when MPB accused her of BLACK DIANTETIC was when she went mental
  22. An0nYm0use Member

CAN TORY AND TOMMY EVEN COMPREHEND THAT THE THUNDERDOME IS LIKE A ROLE PLAYING GAME - THAT THE WORDS HAVE NO MEANING.

"RAPE" IS NOT "RAPE" - "KILL" IS NOT "KILL" [AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT SUCH WORDS WERE USED AFAIK] "I AM GOING TO STICK IT IN YOUR POOPER" IS NOT A PROMISE OF iRL ANAL CARNAL DELIGHTS

The Dome is where a bunch of cats who are like family love to hang out and relax and enjoy themselves by throwing knives at each other to see who wins. It is a mind game.
    It is not SrsBsns.
    [COLOR="Blue"]
    DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF THIS GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS TO CHANOLOGY[/COLOR]

Tory was warned. Mega perhaps shouldnt of risen to the bait but he wasnt the only one .... Perhaps understanding and unforced apologies, sympathy to the other perspective is what is needed from both sides ?

Tory and Tommy you are dealing with this the wrong way.
    You need to step up and be humble and admit your mistake.
    Maybe others will be understanding and do the same ?

You are digging a hole and putting your heads in the sand.

[COLOR="Red"]THIS DOES NOT KEEP CHANOLOGY WORKING[/COLOR]

TORY REMEMBER ALL THE TIMES YOU SAID "ANONYMOUS ARE GREAT - MARK SPOKE TO THEM AND THEY CHANGED OVERNIGHT
    - THEY EVOLVED AND THAT IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THEM"

MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR YOU AND TOMMY TO LISTEN TO US
    AND EVOLVE - ARE YOU CAPABLE OF THAT?

ANONYMOUS HAS SPOKEN AND ASKED SOMETHING OF YOU
    ASKED YOU TO CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE AND WAY OF THINKING AND YOUR BEHAVIOUR FOR THE GOOD OF THE FIGHT AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY

ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN AND EVOLVE?

CAN YOU BOTH PERHAPS TRY AND
    GET YOUR HEAD AROUND THIS CONCEPT ?

EVEN AN OLD WOMAN WITH CANCER "GOT IT"

I THOUGHT IT WAS SCIENTOLOGISTS WHO WERE
    INCAPABLE OF APPLYING CRITICAL THINKING?

I THOUGHT IT WAS SCIENTOLOGISTS WHO HAD NO SENSE OF HUMOR ?

OH SHI-

mirror.gif
    ^
    take a good look

23. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

Nice. ^^
  24. XenuEtrawl Member

Speaking as an anon who has picketed in SF, I am not comfortable with this as an ending point.

Speaking as an ex-scilon, I am also not comfortable with it.

(Yeah, I'm a halfbreed, sorry.)

I've picketed alongside you, MPB. I've also gotten to know Tommy a bit, and have a fairly long online acquaintance with Tory.

I can't PM you, since you have that turned off, but if you'd be willing to let me try to bring about a less stupid ending, I'd be happy to try acting as an intermediary. If you'd like, PM me with some way to contact you, and I'll be in touch tomorrow.

If you wouldn't like, that's fine too, just thought I'd offer.
  25. Jugular Member

That wasn't the problem. I like magoo. I like talking to her. but here we are discussing this crap again.

this is not the issue

the issue is the use of FairGame and bullbaiting like tech to control part of anonymous, and the potential for legal and media disasters involved with those tactics
  26. Tuesday Member

Oh lord did An0nYm0use just post something reasonable?
    THE SKY: FUCKING FALLING
  27. mickturate Member

stick a fork in it: its done.

bwaaaaaah goes on, nope. tie a knot in it & dispose properly.

stopping tommy from picketing: can Anon decide that, I don't fucking think so.

move on nothing to see.
  28. Ironhead Member

I'm sure you did,

don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to say someone sucked her into it...

put it to you like this, has something ever been explained to you, that sounded aweful, but just couldn't really hit home til you saw it? like watching platoon, and saying "well shit, vietnam was bad news, glad I never went" but for those who went there, the sights and smells were all to real, and there's nothing that can really match that experiance.

I think she wanted to go, but never really believed that anyone would troll her as hard as that? maybe she wanted to be able to say, "hey I've been there, it's not that bad"...part of her refused to believe it. she convinced herself of something, that wasn't so.
  29. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

Point taken. <3
  30. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

I was smiling at a woman with cancer in a hospital finding our black humor in the dome entertaining. Not the end result. Tommy has already explained his position several times.

He gets near me and threatens anything or another anon he'll get V& by the popo and/or a not very happy crowd. end of story.
  31. AnonMSW Member

Character trait common to members and ex-members of cults, as well as victims of other sorts of abuse. That being said, an abused who themselves becomes an abuser (the threats described were a form of emotional abuse which would get a domestic partner jailed for an evening), then the abuser goes to jail.

"OSA is after me," isn't a fantasy as we've all seen. Seeing it in every person who posts in opposition to her, "that just ain't right."
  32. arithia Member

Without understanding the distrust between some of the OGs and the Anons, this will just happen again. And again. And again. History almost always repeats itself cause most people are too dense to figure it the fuck out the first time.

Anon cannot stop Tommy from picketing in general, but they can chose who they picket WITH. I sure as hell wouldn't want someone who threatened another anon walking side by side with me. He doesn't understand what he did, refuses to make an apology for his threat like a decent human being and continues to be confrontational and threatening. Until something changes, burying this shit will NOT solve the problem.

Quit fucking BAWWing over closing the thread. Let it work itself out. This shit is spilling out into other forums now too, the storm cannot be contained to enturb. Locking the thread solves nothing. Dont like it, dont read it.
  33. Azrael Member

u wanna fuck over a protest?
    how does jail sound to you?

we have a job to do here and that supercedes everyting!
    including ego's, yours and mine.

start some shit at a protest again and you will make enemies world wide.

"but i being poor have only my dreams.
    i spread my dreams beneath your feat.
    thread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
    -W.B. Yeats.
  34. An0nYm0use Member

thx

this thread is so full of aids...i doubt many are reading this

if i was an attention whore i would post it as a new thread

With a Title something like "Message to Some of the Old Guard"

i dont rly want to

but i do want them and others to see it.

it would be cool is someone else did

IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF IT WAS POSTED via THE

ANONYMOUS

ACCOUNT

/me looks at mods
  35. Ironhead Member

no not right at all.

certainly a reflex. a conditioned reflex. a reflex that was conditioned by a very very very naughty cult.

so she's human after all.

I wont defend her actions though, she needs to answer for that herself.
  36. Ann O'Nymous Member

So, if I understand well your second post, you were bullying in the first one ?
  37. AnonMSW Member

Hmm, I'd say data is inconclusive but persuasive if one can get past the politically correct vision of DV etc. Being a victim of abuse is highly correlative with becoming an abuser. The argument isn't about whether the correlation exists, it's about whether you conceptualize the relationship as a function of a character trait or as a syndrome brought about by environment.

Given that abuse happens so frequently in developmental years and that trauma during those years affects development which lasts for life, I vote character trait. Environmentally caused I shall perhaps grant you, but the numbers support at least reflecting on the question.

Good catch / reply though. Very nice to have intelligent discourse without a flame battle.
  38. An0nYm0use Member

IT ISNT BULLYING IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT

TORY WAS TREATED WITH KID GLOVES FOR A LONG TIME

SHE WAS WARNED TO LEAVE

SHE SAID SHE COULD TAKE IT

SHE WAS TOLD THE GLOVES WOULD COME OFF

SHE SAID DO IT

IT WAS DONE

/END STORY

IT ISNT BULLYING IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT
  39. AnonMSW Member

You seem to have missed the contingency attached to the first post for whatever reason. Is it bullying to tell a bully that if he beats on your little brother again you are going to call your older brother and ask him to have a "chat" with the bully?

Is it stupid to inform said bully in the hope that bully will stfu and begin to act like a human being? Ok, well maybe the second one's debatable, but the first one isn't in my book.
  40. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

BOOM HEADSHOT!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.