Customize

"TRUE holistic dentist" is a Scientologist

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Budd, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Budd Member

A good friend had become worried about the mercury fillings in his teeth, and sought out a dentist who would remove them (the fillings, not his teeth). He drove 90 minutes to the office (in Clearwater, Florida) and when asked about other natural health practices, the dentist recommended a local organization and one of his assistants personally walked my friend down the street to... the CCHR. My friend soon realized what was going on and left, never to return.

The dentist advertises in Natural Awakenings, a woo-woo new agey natural health magazine:
    http://www.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=90400 - page 31
    Their national website is www.NaturalAwakeningsMag.com

His ad: "Dr. Ray Behm DDS is Central Florida's TRUE holistic dentist."
    His website is http://behmnaturaldentistry.com/ but there is no mention of Scientology anywhere.

However, a little search on "behm" here at WWP shows:
    • He and his wife contributed $35,000 to the Super Power building
    • He has done Flag Hubbard Professional Marketing Course
    • He has done Solo Auditor Course Page II
    • He sponsored Tampa YFHR Walkathon in 2010
    • His wife Mercedes is on the Still In list
    • They are on the IAS Patrons list, USA
    Nothing against the man himself or his office staff, just interesting the connections.

Hoo-boy, Google serves up 84,000 results for "behm scientology." I'm just sayin...

Keep your mouth and your wallet closed, and your eyes and your mind open.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Your friend sought out woo and found it...............
  3. Anonymous Member

4. CarterUSP Member

How on earth does holistic dentistry work? Any dentist that focuses on stuff other than teeth can't be very good.

Maybe he can wire your teeth up to an e-meter and audit out the cavities that your teeth pulled in from a past life.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

They mis-spelled hole-istic dentistry.
  6. cbreshears13 Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to the forum. Holistic means they treat the whole body instead of sympotms, just like a naturopathic doctor would. I manage the website of a holistic dentist and she was trained to treat teeth by all dentists. She does drill teeth but tried to conserve the teeth as much as possible. What it means is they don't use mercury fillings, fluoride or latex. They use ceramic, porcelain and no BPA plastic. They encourage looking at diet and over all health, not just the symptoms.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cbreshears13 Member

Actually Whole-istic is more accurate! Although there are people trying to re-mineralize teeth (possible) and re-grow teeth (experimental in Quantum Phyics.)
  8. Anonymous Member

Lurk moar.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. muldrake Member

The practice of routinely recommending the removal of mercury amalgam fillings is dangerous quackery and likely to cause more harm than leaving them in place. There is one reason Scientology cult dentists recommend this procedure, and that is that they can charge a lot of money for this malpractice.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Quentinanon Member

JFYI: Ray Behm was Reed Slatkin's dentist before the latter went to prison.
    He has a reputation for disconnecting from any patient who is "not in good standing" with scientology.
  11. Two things everyone should be wary of alternatives to are parachutes and medical professionals.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daverator Member

He's got his TR's in. Not one single blink during the entire video.

No sir, not creepy at all.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. grebe Member

If what you describe is the best way to care for people's teeth, then why don't all the dentists do this?

Are the regular, non "holistic" dentists all in cahoots with BigPharma? Are they, you know, bad people? Or maybe they're just stupid?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mongrel Member

NO! Absofuckinglutely NO!

Your idiocy makes me cringe. You new age faggots only prove that you know fuck all about quantum physics when you talk about it like this. Why not stick with your woowoo chakras and energy crystals and stop trying to sound smart by using the word "quantum"? I realize Chopra has made a ton of money off you morons but please stop polluting the environment with your stupidity.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. jensting Member

I LOLed

Reminds me of a bon mot : "If at first you don't succeed, a career as a fighter pilot is not for you"
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

Shh, that's the mercury and fluoride talking. Here, have this Eastern organic and/or magnetic placebo.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. CarterUSP Member

Then my original point still stands - A dentist should treat teeth. A dentist who doesn't focus on teeth is a crap dentist.
    What the hell does that mean I don't even.
    That's what dentists do. All dentists. All real dentists.

And my final comment on the matter:
    LOL holistic dentistry.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. anon walker Moderator

Yeah. That's not weird or anything.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Random guy Member

No, no and no.

Re-growing teeth is not, not, not done with quantum phyics. It would be biology. It is not a matter of matter popping into existence, rather to get the body to move existing matter to another location (in this case your gums). Yes, a third tooth set is reported as occurring under unusual circumstances (usually loosing all teeth in your early 20s), but draging quantum phyics into this shows you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Go DIAFF!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Daverator Member

If running around a pole can make one's teeth fall out, will reversing the direction cause them to regrow?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. There are experiments going on to regrow teeth, but they involve areas of science that actually relate to dentistry. "Quantum physics" has nothing to do with medicine, let alone experimental dental procedures, and in this case it's just a BS phrase used to impress stupid people who know nothing about actual science. Now, I'm willing to be proved wrong, maybe all those quantum physicists have a dentistry division around the back somewhere, but I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that whoever came up with that had about as much scientific knowledge as Tom Cruise.
  22. YouSeeNothing Member

I believe one of the side effects of Niacin is tooth pain.
  23. LRH was a Quantum Phizizist and perfected regrowing teeth.
  24. Glib
  25. grebe Member

Holistic doctors believe in raping the entire wallet --not just the insurance co-pay, but all the Benjamins that might be tucked in there.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. It sounds like many of you have your minds made up against holistic dentistry. Maybe if you learned more about it before dissing it, this discussion might be more interesting. I won't try to change your ideas. That's okay, just go ahead and follow the rest of the lemmings off the cliff of conventional dentistry and you'll be wearing dentures in no time, just like the rest of the older population in this society. (How much money do conventional dentists make doing that do you suppose?) Me? I'll go with my holistic dentist and keep my teeth, thank you very much!
    Minnie
    This message by Minnie has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  27. Ray and Mercedes have to at least pretend to be true believers in the cult of Hubbard. I don't envy Ray's position in that most of his clients are dupes of organized scientology.
  28. The Internet Member

Dox or GTFO.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. tinfoilhatter Member

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/holisticdent.html

"Much of "holistic dentistry" is rooted in the activities of Weston A. Price, D.D.S. (1870-1948), a dentist who maintained that sugar causes not only tooth decay but physical, mental, moral, and social decay as well. Price made a whirlwind tour of primitive areas, examined the natives superficially, and jumped to simplistic conclusions. While extolling their health, he ignored their short life expectancy and high rates of infant mortality, endemic diseases, and malnutrition. While praising their diets for not producing cavities, he ignored the fact that malnourished people don't usually get many cavities."
    • Like Like x 3