Customize

Tunisia, until when ???

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

everything seemed to be right, everything seemed to be for the best of tunisia, a new gouverment only Mr Ghannouchi who is still the prime minister and who every body in tunisia thought he's a good man. But what happened in kasba yesterday was really a disaster, the police is killing and torturing people again !!!! people who were just calling for their rights !! Didn't the new goverment say: " now there are freedom of expression, etc... " The censure returns again, no confidence between the gouverment and the tunisian population, again ! Also, an other thing: the new rumours saying that the USA is the real cause of the tunisian revolution, is it right? USA gave the orders to the General Rchid Ammar who sent the message to the previous president Ben Ali to escape from Tunisia !!! Tunisia is in danger, isn't now the time for this situation to have an end!! Tunisian population needs total freedom, no way for the dictatorship, again !!! It's enough 54 years of dictatorship: 31 years when bourguiba was a president and 23 years when Ben Ali was a president!! Why not to have a free Tunisia ?? why ?? a question which doesn't have an answer yet !
  2. Anonymous Member

Is the internet anyhow still blocked in tunisia? Do they have free access to facebook and twitter?
  3. Anonymous Member

yes there is access to facebook and twitter but a selective access!! for exemple some journalists' pages are blocked again, youtube and dailymotion's videos were blocked all yesterday, and now some of the videos are not accessible!!
  4. Anonymous Member

links to info please.
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

I can't access these two either, neither from Germany nor from US (with proxy). I get a DNS error.
  7. im in the US they wont open either
  8. Anonymous Member

me parece admirable todo lo que vosotros haceis, estoy deseando empezar a poder colaborar con vosotros en cualquier cosa, ojala pudiera hablar con alguno de vosotros en persona
  9. Herro Member

Tunisia? Never heard of it. Wait, is that that one country from last week? Fuck 'em, Egypt's the flavor of the month now.
  10. Rockyj Member

Me either! My concern re: the people rising up against oppression & tyranny & think they've won & end up replacing their former gov w/another sinister government, which happened in Iran when they protested and ousted the Shah.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution
    It appears former President, Jimmy Carter, may have really screwed up.
  11. Anonymous Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D you're so funny !! I'm tunisian and proud of it because tunisia has a big history, because tunisia is the first coutry of the arabic countries (Egypt is maaaybe one of them because they work for USA and Israel against the arabs, this is a reality) who said loudly :"Ben Ali Dégage, RCD Dégage !!" Egypt, 80 millions people, they want now to revolt, AFTER TUNISIA ;)) So fuck'em let it to yourself my friend, just for you
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice trolling.
  13. Anonymous Member

Very unlikely! The USA (regardless of the President of the moment) has always preferred dealing with corrupt autocrats to hold the line against communists/Muslim radicals/threat of the day. They're usually self-financing, don't require too much aid to prop up, stable in foreign policy, can be controlled, and when things explode, it is twenty-thirty years later after all the people responsible for putting him in power have moved on in their careers. The people locked up, killed or just "disappeared" over the years is unfortunate, but the cost of doing business.

I think the USA's preference in Tunisia got on a plane a couple weeks ago, they just don't know what to make of the current situation, and have mixed feelings about what to do. (Get stable before they finally decide what to do, because "Do nothing" isn't going to be on their list of choices.)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

I don't know if you speak arabic but this is an article http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=167799053266599&id=172792512754428 it explains what I've said ;)
  15. Nemesis91 Member

Hello Anonymous,
    In Tunisia, it's not gonna end in a good way, this ( so called ) our revolution has brought only one thing ( Taking down Ben Ali and his family. ) and that's the new government sucks as hell because there is still some beating, censorship, threating, and no freedom of expression. The political American who came to Tunisia, do you think he came to protect their interests or what DAMN ! THAT IS SOME PURE BULL SHIT, Since he came the country is now divided they are paying some criminals to break...
  16. Anonymous Member

well said Nemesis91
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Who is that "political american" you are talking about? Sorry, haven't been following up on Tunisia. Last thing i heard is that the leader of the islamist opposition, Rachid Ghannouchi, came back to Tunisia. But he said that he doesn't want to candidate for presidency.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chrome596 Member

It has been hard for me to find out what exactly is still going on in Tunisia. The old operation tunisia thread kind of died. Everything being replaced by Egypt. While i don't want to take away from their revolution I still want to know what is happening in tunisia. I have heard many tales but I can't back up anything. Are the police and military still fighting?
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Herro Member

Quit living in the past, Egypt is the new hotness! Don't worry, we'll forget all about them too soon enough.
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

You made this one before. Weak trolling.
  21. Nemesis91 Member

Euh, Rached Ghanouchi is not a problem at all, but ( He is France & America biggest Fear ) Any way the man is Jeffrey Feltman ( Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs ) ... Pffff
    here is some pictures about what is happening in Tunisia :/ and let us Discuss in this Thread.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  22. Nemesis91 Member

And :/ 2 Kids Kidnapped, College & schools, today are being attacked ==> Ghaos
  23. Nemesis91 Member

Hey Herro, Please Stop...
    • Like Like x 2
  24. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

yes they're still fighting until now. In Sfax today 01/02/2011 two snipers were stopped by the military, the police return to work also today.
  27. hushpuppy Member

Fuck. Just Fuck.
    Please let this be a case of misinformation.

Nemesis91, can you please link if possible or elaborate if not?
  28. Chrome596 Member

Are they kidnapping these kids for extortion or ransom against protest leaders or is it becuase of a lack of security. I mean it's just a terrifying thought that the regime has stooped so low as to attck the children of these protesters. there has to be some way that things can be changed. The whole world should be helping the Tunisian people. Nemesis you and your country men are all heroes in my book and if there is anything i can do to help let me know.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Nemesis91 Member

Hello,
    The story about kidnapping well is not confirmed, but there is a lot of reports ( missing people ) on facebook, we are not sure anymore, or to believe or no...
    ----
    i found a video that i thought you should see :
    • Like Like x 2
  30. mojo Member

31. Chrome596 Member

My wife and I are going to tunisia, getting our passports done and have gotten the money for the tickets. We will be doing what we can, I am gonna bring some masks along as well to passout.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

33. Nemesis91 Member

RCD is finally out... let's hope this is true...
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

35. That will be the challenge to the 'leaderless revolution'. That long-term groups who have been well-funded (by many of the usual political suspects) will attempt to hijack the message. What's really funny is most of them initially sat out the revolution(s) po-faced with fear because this uprising wasn't on their schedules either.

I'm not sure how to handle the problem, but I'm confident we will evolve quickly.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. DeathHamster Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/07/tunisia-abolishes-secret-police-force
    Woohoo! Smells like real victory!
  37. Anonymous Member

38. DeathHamster Member

That GO => OSA thing?

Perhaps, but it's harder when citizens are watching and paying attention.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. DeathHamster Member

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...d-dictator-has-date-with-canadian-immigration
    • Like Like x 3