Customize

Who is 'Suzy Cohen'?

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Consensus, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Consensus Member

Who is 'Suzy Cohen'?

from Refrain From Blame In Travolta Son Death

Her name pops up a lot on Independent news on natural health, nutrition and more, which is a CCHR-friendly site advocating herbal treatments and suggesting that drugs are dangerous and harmful (and it's true, sometimes they are, but fostering FEAR of drugs rather than rational skepticism is harmful, overall, to overall health and welfare).

Who is this cunt and why does she still have a job?
  2. Consensus Member

Re: Who is 'Suzy Cohen'?

related: Book Review: Drug Muggers by Suzy Cohen Wallops Big Pharma with Uncensored Truth about Drug Safety
  3. rof Member

There is a lot of junk on the web that no one reads.

I think she's an absurdly inexpensive part of it.
  4. EpicSwordGuy Member

referring to scientologists as "they" and denying that you are a scientologist is a bit too unnatural
  5. Consensus Member

Crazed Swordsman Attacks Scientology Guard Who Fires Back in Self Defense

Naturalnews.com, which had a 'financial interest' in Cohen's book 'drug muggers', also has this article using the death of epicswordguy to attack psychiatry (I know, wtf?!). And, just like the cohen article I quoted in the OP, itends with 'I'm not a scientologist, I swear!' And yet, this article is written by 'mike adams', not suzy cohen. Anyone wanna analyze the two articles to see if maybe they were written by the same person?

I'm not sure I'm ready to call this an OSA operation, but if it's not, Mr. Adams and Ms. Cohen are some seriously deluded, decieved individuals.
  6. rof Member

You've definitely got something here.
  7. Consensus Member

I'm quite certain you're right; even if this is an OSA agent, they aren't exactly making great stides in promoting Scientology. I would NOT encourage anyone to drop a currently productive line of research or dissemination to follow this trail. But if someone is bored, and finds it hard to find it hard to find a new thread to tug at, they could explore this one. If nothing else, you could end up sending yet another OSA person to the RPF.
  8. Consensus Member

Oh shit, I didn't even notice that the book review for Cohen's book is written by the same Mike Adams who wrote the article about Epic Sword Guy.
  9. rof Member

Careful, he's a Health Ranger, we better back off.
  10. auchraw Member

If you just arrived on Teegeeack and read this kind of stuff you would really imagine that doctors went around strapping people down and forcibly injecting them with drugs against their will. If more and more Americans die from bad reactions to medication this is because more and more Americans insist on getting prescription drugs believing that they will cure some health problem. We all know about side-effects. Our choice.

Another angle I've seen in comment listings is that Jett died of a seizure and that he is only one of 50,000 Americans die of seizures every year. Point surely is that they are not all of them aged 16 and left untreated.
  11. Kilia Member

I can't find any completion list for Cohen,but that doesn't mean a thing as alot of members have not made the list.
  12. onewhogets Member

Is she recently married?
    Suzy could be her middle name.
  13. mko Member

Yeah, if people didn't badger their doctors for penicillin when they got a fucking COLD... which we know CAN'T be treated by antibiotics...

sigh, human stupidity. the one thing in most infinite supply in the universe. :\
  14. Optimisticate Member

Where can pharmaceutical licenses (or whatever they are) be verified?
  15. Lednir Member

From an old University of Florida magazine ( http://www.cop.ufl.edu/alumni/grx07.pdf ) She seems to have a bsc in pharmacology. However, she approves of "holistic treatments", i.e. she's not a logical, proper scientist and/or she's a liar, possibly linked with scientology in some way, and whatever the case she's clearly not a doctor of medicine or of pharmacology, just a sensationalist author with a tenuous link to pharmacology. She should definitely not be trying to claim she has any idea what's going on here, apart from knowing that the drug Jett was on did not cause liver damage, and any pharmacologist worth their salt would know there are a load of other drugs that could treat his seizures instead.

tl;dr She's a pharmacologist that seems to dislike pharmacology for no logical reason, and the article she wrote is stupid for most people with even a basic understanding of pharmacology

On another note, seems she donated $2000 dollars to Hillary Clinton in '07, then $2500 to Obama in '08. Seems she wasted a fair bit on Clinton.

Edit: I just noticed she was talking about how people should buy vitamin suppliments in her book titled "Drug Muggers", oh the hypocrisy.
  16. Anonymous123 Member

mhm. possible Scifag. But we shouldn't mix up being stupid and being a Scientologist.
  17. Consensus Member

Ask The Pharmacist: Refrain from blame in Travolta death : Ask the Pharmacist : Marco News

Article was reposted today to keep it near the top of the google news search for 'scientology.'

Curious.

Of course, it could just be that another website picked up the article.

We should certainly consider sending a couple harpoons to any newspaper that picks up this column encouraging them to look into her qualifications, and maybe to run her advice by a doctor to see if it's not inappropriate.
  18. Consensus Member

double-post