Customize

York 10th April

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Squiggmont, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Squiggmont Member

York 10th April

Well hello there :)

Can't make it outside of york (leeds would be tops!)
    But really want to go to my first raid!
    I know that it would be lots of fun, we do have a small scientology meeting place, but it wouldn't be worth it, but the town centre would be much more fun and useful!

If anybody is interested PLEASE say so, i really would like this to go ahead;

Not a newfag and still haven't been to a raid ): Since 2005, i really need this gaiz!

EDIT:

The meet shall go ahead on 8th of April, Meet at the fountain in the city centre.
    If possible bring spare masks, for the people that don't have them.
    Perhaps it would be best to mark them in some way so as to make sure you can tell which are yours :)
    I look forward to seeing you, If you plan to be there, say so, so i can give the police an approximate number!
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: York 10th April

you know that the city centre nazi's don't allow masks.. and scn seems always to manage a creepy photographer.. srs, you know they're creepy, just because the mission is small and pointless doesn't diminish the creepyness now does it?
  3. Squiggmont Member

Hmm that's weird. Me and my friends quite often walk around wearing various different masks. One time even full army uniforms,
    Shall have to find out
  4. Anonymous Member

2005?
  5. Squiggmont Member

no, about a month ago :L
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

Lets do it.

If you need it so bad, how about April 8 at 2pm?
    I'll bring masks enough for everyone.
  8. Squiggmont Member

Wow, that sounds brilliant! Have you got msn or something, maybe we can discuss it? I'm new to the whole raid thing
  9. Sponge Member

Here's one thing you can do.
    You inform the local police station that you will be planning a small peaceful demonstration between whatever hours you plan and that it involves the wearing of theatrical masks. Estimate the maxium numbers you anticipate. Ask them to remind local beat bobbies and community support officers (the pretend cops) that the wearing of masks in a public place is not illegal and the gathering of 20 or less people does not warrant any special attention. Tell them that in other locations there have been demos of this kind almost every month since February 2008 there has never been any trouble. If they need any more specific information from a policing point of view then they can call the Metropolitan Police and speak to Jim Moore who will confirm that there has been no actionable reports of trouble.
    Loldon anons will be able to give you a more precise formula. Note that you are not making a request, you are telling them of your intentions out of politeness and goodwill (because unless some private company owns the city centre then they can't stop you.)

other info:

Research has revealed that a demonstration can only be restricted if,

"(a) it may result in serious public disorder, serious damage to property or serious disruption to the life of the community, or

(b) the purpose of the persons organising it is the intimidation of others with a view to compelling them not to do an act they have a right to do, or to do an act they have a right not to do,"

Public Order Act 1986 (c. 64) - Statute Law Database

On Friday, August 21st, a member of anonymous received a reply to their Freedom of Information request, which can be read here. The upshot of this FOI was that

* In 2008 the police were called to TCR 36 times
    * In 2009 to date the police were called to TCR 27 times
    * In this time, there have only been 20 officially recorded demonstrations at TCR on Saturdays.
    * There have been no cautions or arrests.
  10. Squiggmont Member

That's great info :)

If i get more than 5 people coming then i'll give the cops a ring or something ;)
  11. Sponge Member

12. timthephoto Member

might i suggest an entheta pack to give the police? like a 256meg usb dongle with a fuckton of DOX, so next protest you getta bit more support from the boys in blue, you'd be doing yourselves a huge favor, and those tiny little memory sticks go for pence now on ebay
  13. Squiggmont Member

So, Anybody that can make it?
  14. pedrofcuk Member

Call the cops anyway, using the words abusive, cult, fraudulent, scientology and dianetics in a sentence could be good too.
  15. Anonymous Member

If you're going with the 8th, I suggest you ask a moderator to change the thread title. April 10th clashes with Manchester's epic bash, so it's best you make it clear this raid will be on a different day.
  16. Anonymous Member

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  17. Re: York 10th April

Squiggmont: I won't be joining you. I doubt you'll get very many people on a Thursday afternoon - it being a work day an' all. People have to feed their ferrets, you know?

But: you can still do a useful job, shifting a few leaflets and letting the public know that "free stress test" is a recruitment tactic for a cult that has been described by a judge as "corrupt, sinister and dangerous". Just stay polite and peaceful no matter what. Stay anonymous, try not to get photographed without a mask, and don't let anybody follow you home.

Be aware that there are friendly forces operating in your area. You might see evidence of other Anonymous activity in York in the near future. (We already delayed it so you won't get police hassle on the 8th, as a result of Scilon BAWWW.)

Please post news of sightings of Scino 'Free Stress Test' tables in and around York - if any - and be ready to mask up and enturbulate them. (You don't have to do much... just wave at them from the other side of the street, in a V mask, and they pack up and flee.)
  18. Anonymous Member

/r/ Postgame report.
  19. Anonymous Member

there's a few of us watching this thread... rpt plz
  20. Anonymous Member

I'm guessing no protest took place. But there are people that are still interested in Chanology in York UK. Its harder to protest a mission that's so fail at KSW that nobody even knows they're there -- but we are still vigilant and the Scilons are still 100% suppressed. Just not protesting at lunchtime on a Thursday [personally] and not when the OP calling for the raid has a profile that identifies him/her as 15 years old. I have no problem with concerned citizens of any age playing a part in a protest movement, but I don't wanna find myself playing the role of 'responsible adult' to a group of kids I never met before. If it happened and was a success then disregard, I suck cocks.
  21. Cheapshot Member

Dammit, Well, just to inform you guys from september onwards, I will be heading to york, studies you see D:
    Expect to see me in the future, i'll try and maintain the York base if everyones busy, uni leaves me with tonnes of free time and money, unless thats all gone on beer ofc
  22. Anonymous Member

york is the most boring uni in the uk.
    least amount on night life
    loads a time for chanolgy
  23. Cheapshot Member

Meh, I don't care for clubs, so boring and bloody chavvy. Gimme a good pub, and i'm satisfied, and as I know York, i'll be just fine.