Customize

10-year-old Haitian falls of Volunteer Minister's roof and dies

Discussion in 'Media' started by anon4eva, May 10, 2010.

1. failboat Member

re: SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE!

At the risk of your ridicule, does anybody else not know what a pool screen is and what a pool screen is doing on a roof?

I had a pool growing up. It was outdoor, so it was nowhere near the roof. It had a fence, not a screen.

I had a roof growing up, too. It didn't have a pool. It had shingles which were perfectly safe to stand on. It did have several skylights, which you wouldn't want to stand on.

EDIT:

omfg, is it something like this?

[IMG]

[STRIKE]you would have to be an idiot to stand on something like that.[/STRIKE] I wouldn't let a neighbor's kid on the roof[STRIKE] if I knew there was a huge area of it that was simply made of glass.[/STRIKE] If for some reason I did, I would spend 10 minutes explaining the safe areas and the not-safe areas of the roof. That is so fucked.
  2. Bipolart Member

They may have edited the other people out of the pic, but someone left that one woman's had on that guy's shoulder. Sorry, no tech to highlight.
  3. failboat Member

Speculation ensues. I presume the disclaimer protects me from the infraction.

So I gather she was near the edge of the roof, when she fell off. Why was she on the side of the roof that was adjacent to the pool/pool screen?

The fact that the pool screen is made of[STRIKE] glass [/STRIKE] screen and there was certainly [a] broken [STRIKE]glass[/STRIKE] screen at the scene confirms the fact that she fell. The tinfoilers who say that all we know is "blunt force trauma to the head," are being ridiculous.

What was Mike Campbell working on, on the roof, on the side adjacent to the pool screen?
    [STRIKE]
    He was probably cleaning the bird poop off of it.[/STRIKE] If you have a[STRIKE] glass[/STRIKE] pool screen over your pool, I'm sure you need to go on the roof regularly to maintain it.

Whether this is the sort of maintenance chore you allow a 10-year old to take part in is up to you folks. I recall an episode of the Simpsons where 10-year old Bart Simpson cleans out the gutters on a neighbor's roof; I know there are kids who cleaned out the gutters on their houses growing up, most of them supervised by adults, but it also meant being right up at the edge of the roof.

Finally, I forgot to ask you all. Whose kids will you allow with you on the roof, to help with dangerous maintenance? Your own, who you know will obey you about safety rules? Or your friends' kids?
  4. xoixoi1 Member

I just think all this is odd. I really feel for the poor child but standing back and looking at the big picture you cannot help but ask why it is that so many people die around scientology?

It might be a genuine accident, it might be neglectful adult supervision. I'm sure more details will emerge soon enough.
  5. Anonymous Member

anybody else see this in the comments? I haven't read them all yet, but i declare this one the winrar:

6. anonymous612 Member

Okay, PROTIP: 1) that's screen, like a screen door, not glass. They're incredibly common here, I have one myself. 2) The kid didn't stand on the screen, they were on the room and fell off...and fell THROUGH the screen, into the pool. If you hit that screen at any speed (say, by falling off a higher surface), you'll tear through it like tissue paper.
  7. failboat Member

yeah, did you see the later post i made? i corrected myself, made edits for you :) thx for clearing up that these are made of screen and not glass.
  8. anonymous612 Member

Ironically, there's a Florida law that states that all pools must be fenced in with a lock children cannot open, and that even if a neighbor kid (as opposed to yours) wanders into your pool and falls in, you're responsible if it isn't properly fenced in.

So if she wasn't ON THE DAMN ROOF, she quite probably would have had no risk from the pool area. If it turns out the scientologists are lying and she didn't fall off the roof, the police will have some *very* interesting questions to ask.

EDIT: For the record, the standard means of cleaning stuff off the top of the screen is blasting it off from underneath with a hose, at least from what I've ever seen...since they don't support body weight, as proved here.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

From Dr. Lilly's article:
    Let's look again at that clip from the Tampa Bay Informer:
    After months of fundraising and preparation, they traveled to Haiti last month to deliver enough Kenaf seeds (a fast growing plant that is an ideal food and building source) to feed thousands of Haitians. Equally important are the educational tools the three provided to the people of Haiti. These tools were developed by L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology) to further assist them in reversing their unprecedented rate of economic decline. Kenaf, eh? That sounds delicious. What's kenaf?
    U.S. consumers are likely to find kenaf fiber in carpet backing and padding, a fiber mat in automobiles, roofing felt, fire logs, and cardboard. Copy machine paper made with kenaf and 30 percent post-consumer waste is also commercially available in the United States. In Japan, commercial products made from kenaf include hamburger wrappers, fast-food containers, and wallpaper. -- US Department of Agriculture Traditionally cultivated for cordage uses in Africa and Asia, some kenaf is used by small pulp mills primarily in countries like China, India, and Thailand.... Since the 1960's, there has been increasing interest in kenaf as an annually renewable source of fiber for the manufacture of newsprint and other pulp and paper products in the United States and other countries. ... Meanwhile, kenaf fibers are presently entering the market in soil-less potting mixes, animal bedding, oil absorbents, grass and flower mats, decorative fibers, and insulation. ... Oklahoma research showed that kenaf leaf and petiole (non-stalk) portions of the plant were readily consumed by lambs... Where kenaf is grown in home gardens for fiber, the more tender upper leaves and shoots are sometimes eaten either raw or cooked. -- Purdue University, Department of Horticulture Well, it does appear that kenaf COULD be eaten, or at least "the more tender upper leaves and shoots" could be eaten. Nice of Cary and the boys to bring along a few pounds of kenaf seeds. "Hey guys, plant this new vegetable. You're going to love it." Meanwhile, dozens or hundreds of curious people attend Goulston's Dianetics session in hopes of finding some way out of their poverty and desperation, and some few are groomed into accepting the idea of coming to the USA to serve as "ministers." To people living minute-by-minute on the knife-edge of life and death, this might sound like an attractive offer.

11. rof Member

Clearly she got Pool Screened to exteriorize.

It's all in HCOPL-TR-10yo-PS.
  12. Triumph Member

13. rof Member

This family looks like middle class educated folks who accepted a free(?) good deal. Her sister speaks perfect French.

It's a real reach to say she was his roof servant.
  14. Triumph Member

Claude Reginald Jean
    he spent a lot of time there as a VM after the earthquake (photos)
    and still works in Haiti he ran the Dianetics center there before the earthquake.
    his children stay in Florida because of the visas and schooling.

Claude speaks fluent English and French creole

its more likely he's in Haiti working for the cause

Claude Reginald Jean facebook
    the city was Clearwater and at other times its Port-au-Prince, Haiti he updates it from time to time
    Current City: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
    Claude Reginald Jean | Facebook

scilon site
    Cary Goulston's Global Pioneer page (Lots of recent post-earthquake pictures of Claude Jean Here)
    http://www.theglobalpioneers.com/gallery_haiti.htm

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/c/claude-reginald-jean.html
  15. rof Member

That's just not true at all.

On farms kids drive tractors when they're 3 and bale hay at 7.
  16. CantPickaName Member

and married already
  17. amaX Member

If you're letting a 3 year old drive a tractor and a 7 year old run a hay baler for anything other than an occasional cutesy youtube video showing Life on the Farm, then you're just one deceased, mangled child away from making your now only living child the next Johnny Cash or Dewey Cox.
  18. amaX Member

Let's take a look at Claude Jean's property near the airport in Haiti again. The least they could do is get the one kid a pair of shoes to help protect his feet from all the crap on the ground.

Where is Claude Jean's wife?

I am also still very upset that the cult is skulking it's way into Haiti where they already have enslavement ingrained into their culture. Coulston is someone we've been watching in Haiti for a while now.

It's good to know there are others around here who are not happy that the cult is running an orphanage in Haiti.

It's good that OSA gets to read that we're aware of it and we're watching and we're going to do our best to let people know that info.
  19. Anonymous Member

For those of you speculators out there who do not have children, please note:

Kids don't always follow rules...even adopted Haitian scino kids.
    Kids have the "invincibility factor"...even adopted Haitian scino kids.
    Kids often test the waters with devastating results...even adopted Haitian scino kids.
    Kids sometimes have negligent parents...even adopted Haitian scino kids.
    Kids sometimes have parents that, while not negligent, sometimes have lapses in judgment...even adopted Haitian scino kids.
    Kids sometimes get injured or even die in tragic ways (preventable or unpreventable)...even adopted Haitian scino kids.
  20. xenubarb Member

To their sisters...

[IMG]
  21. rof Member

this guy needs to live in here

[IMG]

Kidz go on rooves allatime, very few fall off.

Oftentimes they have no good reason to be there but so what.

* Falls were the leading cause of nonfatal, medically treated injuries in the U.S. every single year from 1997 through 2007.
    * The majority of reported falls occurred in or around the home.
    * Falls were the cause of 38 percent of nonfatal, medically treated injuries in 2007.
    * From 1997 to 2007, 71 percent of fall-related injuries resulted in at least a trip to a doctor's office or clinic.
    * Of that 71 percent, 56 percent were serious enough to necessitate a visit to an emergency room or the use of an emergency vehicle.
    * Between 2004 and 2007, accidental falls accounted for almost 25 percent of all reported fractures.
    *The Home Safety Council says that falls are "by far the leading cause of home injury deaths."
    *Accidental falls killed 20,823 people in 2006, according to the CDC.
  22. Anonymous Member

Fall from Pinellas roof kills 10-year-old Haitian girl - Bay News 9

wupf6u.jpg

hragid.jpg

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A Haitian family that escaped the earthquake ravaged country and found refuge in the Bay area is now dealing with another tragedy.

Anais Jean, 10, has died from injuries suffered when she fell off a roof in Clearwater.

The girl and her family were staying with Clearwater residents Mike and Mary Campbell, who live on Chateauwood Drive. The Campbells met Anais and her family two years ago in Haiti.

According to Bay News 9's partner newspaper the St. Petersburg Times, Anais climbed up a ladder to help Mike Campbell, who was working on the house's roof.

She fell off the roof and through a pool screen, striking her head on the ground. She died four days later at Bayfront Medical Center of complications from blunt head trauma.

Her Haitian family staying in Clearwater, recently chronicled in a Bay News 9 Report, includes her father Reggie Jean and three siblings, including a twin sister Anabelle.

Authorities have called the death an accident.
  23. Triumph Member

Defiantly Claude Reginald Jeans Daughter.
  24. Rockyj Member

After inquiring w/professional in CPS (Children Protective Services) my colleagues re: child's death & explaining their guardians & others connection to Co$: Children Protective Services in Florida SHOULD be investigating this child's death.

Basically, POONS need to be sent to the regional office of Florida's Dept of Child Welfare (or whatever they call it there).
  25. Anonymous Member

They probably are (or have), as they do in all deaths of minor children which are not due to documented medical conditions.
  26. Rockyj Member

NO not true as they investigate only whats reported & more often what's horrendously reported as they are so back logged.
  27. Anonymous Member

Yes, they're horribly backlogged. However, it would be reported by the police (mandated reporters) who were on the scene or investigates, and possibly by the coroner (mandated reporter), as well.

Children's deaths get bumped to the top of the pile.
  28. Triumph Member

public safety spokeswoman Elizabeth Watts (i am assuming she works for the police)
    I'm assuming this statement came from her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can't assume that all accidents involving children are reported to CPS or Child Welfare Dept,..each state is different.

Florida Department of Children and Families
    http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/
  29. anonymous612 Member

[STRIKE]Not necessarily, sounds like a hire by the mayor to me, but I'll check.[/STRIKE] Disregard, I suck cocks. She's listed as "media information" under the police department.
  30. rof Member

Though you may be sure she is down with the podo, I think you are hysterical moms.

It's one of the most common accidents in the world and nothing suggests otherwise except you.
  31. AIN Member

Re: 10-year-old Haitian falls of Volunteer Minister's roof and dies

say what you want, but a 10yr old should not have been allowed on a roof unsupervised, its basic motherfucking sense!
    INB4 "She snuck up there!"
    She is 10, someone should have kept an eye on her!
    At the very least, its reckless endangerment
  32. rof Member

[IMG]
  33. AIN Member

remove the scilon from the equation and its still the same
    10 yr climbed on to roof after a guy and fell to her death.
    That little girl should not have died and the person(s) responsible are liable for reckless endangerment of a child.
  34. Fuckeye Member

Child climbs onto roof.

Child falls to death.

Child learnt a valuable lesson.

Child can't apply lesson.

World moves on.
  35. Anonymous Member

So a sad accident happens. What exactly does this have to do with Scientology? I mean, even if the guy lured her up there and then shoved her off while kicking a puppy I still fail to see what this would have to do with Scientology. Unless you can find me the Hubbard Policy letter on properly chucking Haitians.
  36. Smurf Member

It has a lot to do with Scientology if you bothered to lrn2read. Scientologists, per cult policy, have had a long history of child neglect and endangerment.

Children are viewed as adult spirits in children's bodies, therefore, they can fend for themselves in adult situations. That, in itself, speaks volumes.
  37. Anonymous Member

How many scientologist kids have you seen doing roofing work?
  38. AIN Member

the gist of it was, they let the kid go up there because they think kids are mini adults and wouldn't fall off.
  39. Anonymous Member

Oh cool, I didn't realize you guys could read minds and knew that he was thinking, well you're just a big spirit in a little body, come on up here on the roof with me. Hell even if he buys into the whole big thetan in a little body that doesn't mean he's going to think a kid would be safe on the roof. And of course this all assumes that he knew the kid was up on the roof.

So, who wants to have a "toss the Haitian" game at the megaraid?
  40. ravenanon Member

not mind reading. They told us what was up:

she was "going to help" "she followed him" seems the sci knows alot and told us some of it.

I'm thinking child endangerment.