Customize

1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged Part 2

Discussion in 'Media' started by Skeptic1337, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged Part 2

From Impact Mag Issue 122, IAS 25th Anniversary, published Dec 2009 - Applied Scholastics accomplishments reached into Africa.

2s7syh3.jpg

261ymxi.jpg
  2. xenubarb Member

Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged Part 2

The "Earth Org" was founded by and is run by OTVIII Lawrence Anthony. They're pretty covert as far as Scientology affiliates go, but they're seeking donations to save elephants and stuff.
    Endorsed by Catherine Bell, they are using images of clever hand paintings they may not own the copyrights to.

Under the "Our Organization" menu, religion is mentioned, but that page says next to nothing about it.
    It's in South Africa. They ask for donations. And this site is very, very covert.
    Welcome to The Earth Organization - conservation organization,environmental organisations,environmental organizations,environmental activists
  3. Vir Member

Please note that was not Marty, but somebody posting a comment on his blog - unless Marty was socking.
  4. tikk Member

Ugh, horrible mistake. Corrected. Thanks.
  5. Anonymous Member

Hello,

I have something that may be relevant to this case. I did some searches and didn't find this posted anywhere, so forgive me if I'm reposting something.

I went to Rex Fowler's preliminary hearing, which was open to the public. Three emails were mentioned. The oldest was sent to Fowler on December 29 from Laura Zaspel.

The second email, apparently described as being from Laura Zaspel. I haven't been able to find this email posted anywhere on the Internet:

The third email, from Fowler:

I read today about what "cycles" are in Scientology, and that "end of cycle" implies suicide to prevent leaks. I've also read about Scientology's hits on people, in which the hitman is ordered to commit an "EOC". Could this suggest Zaspel's knowledge or involvement of the shooting?

Hope this information is useful.
  6. OTBT Member

Interesting.

However, you should know that "cycles" is scientology common shorthand for "Cycle of Action".

I see no obvious inference to "EOC" or "End Of Cycle".

Code:
    http://www.standardtraining.net/
    Scientology Glossary - E

7. exOT8Michael Member

"Cycles" can also refer to "Ethics cycles" where a Scientologist has to fully deal with an ethics anomaly so it does not happen again.

It is usually used in the singular, however, such as "I am on an ethics cycle to get back in good standing", or "My ethics cycle is to re-float my company after financial irregularities" or some such thing.
    FYI.
  8. OTBT Member

Yup. You beat me to it, Michael.

My take on the e-mail refered to is Laura Zaspel is asking everyone to do Ethics Cycles, which would be a normal, weekly action for a WISE company.

Anyone know what post (job title) Laura held in the company? That might clear up a few questions regarding the e-mail.
  9. andonanon Member

According to the wiki she was President and CEO.

FSD People - Why We Protest Wiki
  10. Smurf Member

11. JohnnyRUClear Member

Less than a month to go now...
  12. Sponge Member

So that's this year rounded off nicely for WIN then.

Sept/October = BBC Panorama + after effects.
    October/November = Reverend Shooty trial and guilty verdict.
    December = possible book publication of Travolta's cheating sexploits

Plus all the random footbullets and PR flaps in between.
  13. Anonymous Member

Nicely done, did they mention what was in the briefcase?
  14. Anonymous Member

Holy shit did I just see moonbats employing critical thinking?

/wipes tear from eye.

I'm so proud of you all.
  15. Anonymous Member

lol
  16. Smurf Member

It will come out in trial what was in the briefcase. The fact that the murderer's wife was demanding it from the detectives must have sent up a whole lot of red flags.

I doubt the police released any "religious materials" back to Jan Fowler. But, if they did, I'm sure they photographed each & every 0T-7 document and marked it as evidence in the case.
  17. timthephoto Member

isn't it about a year now?
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

RIP, Thomas Ciancio. Almost 1 year to the day....
  19. anonsoldier Member

Yeah, what's the deal?
  20. OTBT Member

He's still dead.

Scientology couldn't help him with blowing the whistle on illegal money laundering to the IAS.
  21. Anonymous Member

December 30 (Thursday) = 1 year

wonder if Mrs. Fowler ever thinks about blowing the cult
  22. Anonymous Member

What is the latest news on this ?

I assume he is pleading to some degree of guilt and no investigation will happen to uncover any additional information.
  23. Anonymous Member

so could this be a theme for the next global? Everybody wearing glockosaurus masks or something?
  24. thesneakster Member

If Fowler's locked briefcase was indeed his Solo NOTS (OT VII) auditing materials, there will be - at most - a few pages of HCOBs (Hubbard Communication Office Bulletins) covering the section of the level he was working on at the time and the rest will be session worksheets. These are likely to be indecipherable to someone not trained in Scientology Auditing or Solo NOTS.

Ever since the institution of Flag Six Month Checks for Solo NOTS Pre-OTs, no solo auditor has been allowed to have more than a fraction of the OT VII Materials in their possession at any one time, and these have to be turned in to receive the materials for the next section.

The Sneakster
  25. Sponge Member

The deal is that the trial starts in early February 2011 (the 11th I believe).

I'm not entirely sure but apparently the reason for it being bumped from october/november 2010 was that a jury trial was requested.
  26. moarxenu Member

Skeptic1337 started this excellent thread. Could someone tell me why he got banned?
  27. Anonymous Member

28. pedrofcuk Member

I pity the jurors if they have to learn scientologese.
  29. Anonymous Member

Jury trial?

Guess he's not pleading guilty then.

Is the lawyer hoping to sway the jury with shysterfaggotry, or is it a typical Scilon delaying tactic?

Regardless, I hope all the lovely cross-examination exposes even more cult nastiness.

Oh, BTW... Are there fraud allegations going ahead, over the cash he was skimming?
  30. Smurf Member

Usually, in the 1-2 months before a trial is scheduled to begin, there's alot of negotiating going on between the DA & the defense attorney to resolve the case with an offer of a plea bargain. I suspect, due to the circumstances involved, the DA will demand Fowler agree to a long prison term and to waive all rights to appeals in the case.

I'm betting that this won't be a death penalty case regardless of the motive involved given that Fowler tried (but sucked at) committing suicide. The defense will claim Fowler was under extreme duress at the time.

Fowler would be an idiot to take this to trial in Brighton County given the face that the Ciancio family has alot of ties to the community & is well-known to them.
  31. eddieVroom Member

That probably makes this the week to file any Civil actions.
  32. Anonymous Member

You can plead guilty as to the charges but still have a trial on what the sentence should be. People might do this when they're obviously guilty, by stipulating to the facts on paper rather than have them established by dramatic victim testimony. This also sometimes happens if the prosecution has no incentive to offer any deal acceptable to the defendant because their case is so strong (or they're just being a hardass).

That said we'd have heard if Fowler had already pled guilty, but I'd be really amazed if he can put forward any kind of defense other than insanity and/or "the cult made me do it." Neither offers him much hope.
  33. Smurf Member

Huh? A trial is never held after one pleads to a crime. If Fowler accepts a plea bargain, he's accepting the sentence offered by the DA. The judge in the case has to sign off on it and only in rare cases, has a sitting judge disagreed with the DA. The judge in the case usually is kept aware of the plea negotiations.

If Fowler goes to trial and is found guilty, then sentencing follows weeks later after a pre-sentencing investigation is done by the Probations Dept and victims are allowed to address the court with impact statements (how the crime has personally affected Ciancio's family). Fowler's family will also be allowed to make statements why the judge should grant him leniency in the sentencing.
  34. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged Part 2

Not true. In at least some states, maybe all, a trial is required even if one pleads guilty to a capital offense, which first degree murder is one. In a particularly horrific crime in my region, a man pled guilty, yet a jury had to be empaneled and a trial conducted because it was a capital offense, all to make the plea agreement legal.
  35. Anonymous Member

THIS IS WHY

36. AnonLover Member

bump - seen this float by on ESMB:
    sure would be sweet if a colorado fag could go observe the proceedings and report bak how Rex looks to be holding up.
  37. ryangiggs Member

38. Sponge Member

Rex needs an audience of scientology critics like he needs a hole in the head..... oh wait
  39. Docket says it's just a hearing. Most likely status update or trial readiness hearing.
    He should be changing his plea to not guilty by reason of insanity. Any good evil psychiatrist will confirm that paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to hold metal cans and remove the Xenu's body thetans is a clear sign of severe mental illness.
  40. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 1