Customize

1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

Discussion in 'Media' started by GuardiansOrifice, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thetanic Member

Re: Fowler makes court appearance in murder case

Nicely done.
  2. grumpus Member

Duh. The psychs want it for the clone army of OTs that will be part of the Marcab Invasion.
  3. Random guy Member

And now you have secured me a hot seat post mortem for untimely laughter too! Dam you!
  4. Anonymous Member

Huh.
    Why is that?
  5. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

Hole-ee migraine, Batman;

I could have had a V-8, instead of becoming one.

6. Major Boyle Member

Fowler clearly suffered from Shaky Gun Hand Syndrome.
  7. Rockyj Member

SO COOL! Denver Post referencing $cientology 2 x in this article!
    It appears the Post & Denver police actually get it!
  8. Anonymous Member

Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

hey, chin up!
  9. Anonymous Member

because dum dum, the defense needs psychological records for a defense. The prosecution just needs to show intent and evidence he pulled the trigger.
  10. Anonymous Member

nice.
  11. andonanon Member

Compared to this thread...

This

2347011878_0141fed2af.jpg?v=0.jpg

Has fewer pages.

Is easier to read.

Has a Chin.
  12. Anonymous Member

Also vastly more useful.
  13. Rockyj Member

My quote included... so I now understand lulz! MY BAD!
  14. Ogsonofgroo Member

@ Johnnyruclear> ( Originally Posted by TomVorm
    And according to a post on this thread, Fowler's shots were made in a 2-then-2 pattern).

"Which post? I've read them all and don't recall any such post. The affidavit for G-Rex's arrest cited testimony from one of the FSD people that she heard 3 shots, then a pause, then 1 more."

Okay, I may have been the one confusing this with a 2 + 2 post, they reason for this assumtion is that in the statement made by Emily Witt to detective Aaron Pataluna after Tom went downstairs to Rex's office "she heard what she thought was hammering then realised she heard possibly 3 gunshots, a couple of seconds break, then two more gunshots."
    she then says she went and got Umbaldo and they went to Susan Gaut's office and 'retrieved her'. then they went into the conference room and shut the door, leaving out the east exit after the sherrifs arrived.
    Steven Blatts statrement in the arrest warrant affidavit states "he heard a loud bang and saw a bullet hole in the wall. He heard several more shots."
    Susan Gaut (in the same warrant) said she "..heard a loud noise which she thought something was falling."

It was my own deduction to break it into 2, then 2 shots based on these statements. Emily was at reception near the stairs going down to Rex's office and would have heard things the best. Susan Gaut was in her office, and Ubaldo was in the can w/doors (assumably) shut.

Hope that explains my take on it Johnny, and my morbid curiousity as to which shots were first and where.
    First two, behind Tom's ear, he didn't see it coming imho, quite dead and found where he was at the desk, glasses etc. on the floor (prob. opposite side from impact).
    Pause to look at handiwork.
    Third shot near Tom's eye, same direstion of first two, a conjectured 'fuk U' shot or coup de gras?
    Fourth, failed EOC in horror/shame?

I am basing this on the statements given and trying to avoid tinfoil mootbattery, k? Its a puzzle, I like some puzzles :)

I also find it interesting that Emily didn't mention Mr. Blatt coming in and telling then that the cops were on their way, but everyone was, I am quite sure, in shock of it all.
    Mr. Blatt states he went into the west entrance, up the stairs, and found Emily and Ubaldo, so this would have been just before they went to susan's office.
    In Susan Gaut's statement she says 'she found E.W. and U.C. and they went to the conferrnce room'
    Minor inconsistancies are minor though imho.
  15. AnonyMary Member

Because they want to know exactly what his injury is and how it's been treated etc , probably just in case the defendent Rex decides to claim brain damage. Most likely needed to plan for the trial
  16. whoever Member

Logic tells me he didn't suffer any massive trauma to his face, at least not externally. It wasn't mentioned in the arrest affidavit. All they reported was that he was bleeding from the mouth. If he'd had serious facial injuries, you'd think the cops would have said something like "A man with severe facial trauma walked out of the building."
  17. Anonymous Member

as being competent, or fit to stand trial?
    gosh knows scn wants him incapable to say anything.
  18. Anonymous Member

A whole new meaning of 'Speaking with a forked tongue'.
  19. TinyDancer Member

No, dum dum. It's because he's a scientologist. They don't HAVE psychological records.

/facepalm
  20. Anonymous Member

I would imagine Rex doesn't have any *recent* psychological records. Because Scientologists don't psyche. But that doesn't mean that people now affiliated with CoS have *never* had psych treatment.

Sure. Scientologists aren't "supposed to" have contact with evil psyches, but it seems odd that police investigators would just blindly assume that was true...
  21. TinyDancer Member

*recent* being 30 years or however long he's been a scn. Wouldn't actual psychiatric records be in with the medical records and "psychological" just cover talk therapy? That's how the terms would work in Australia.
  22. Smurf Member

Because prosecutors have to be precise as to what they request pursuant to a court order from a judge. Their investigation probably concluded that there were no psychological records to access because Fowler, psych-hating Scilon, never saw a psychologist.
  23. Anonymous Member

science of the mind is secular until the court date. then it's a poor ol persecuted group whose donors became disgruntled criminals with a pile of forged dox. forevermore? hopefully not...rrrr...this..rrr...time
  24. Anonymous Member

One guy on ESMB responded that it's because the cops needed to separate the blood spatter on the floor. Ummmm... yeah. I would love to watch them try to do that.
  25. Smurf Member

Excuse me? A high-powered bullet from a pistol bullet enters the chin and goes up and out through the top of the head. It had to have caused trauma to some internal organs and tissues... how severe I don't know...
  26. Anonymous Member

chinshotguns wreck faces but chinbullets don't
  27. Smurf Member

It really doesn't matter. In every criminal case, the prosecution & defense is required to inform each other what evidence & witnesses they have ("discovery").

If Rex's attorney mount a defense that Rex had diminished capacity due to a psychological condition or he was temporarily insane, and wanted to submit past records where Rex may have been seen by a psych, they would be required to inform and provide copies of these records to the prosecution, or it can't be included in the trial.
  28. Anonymous Member

The Denver Post said Fowler was being held in an unknown location. Wonder how much ministering they tried to juju on him, or if they tried to get past those police lines. Isn't it standard for a shooter to be sent for an psych eval? The scns would try to run that idea right out of town, to see how much tech was in the guys head at the time of the shooting. Guess there are no touch assists for Rex to slip in a techy finn?
  29. Smurf Member

If the judge orders Rex to be evaluated by a court-appointed psychiatrist, the Scilions can hoot & holler until their balls turn blue & explode. He will be seen by the psychiatrist.

Rex may have a problem with that but it's out of his hands if the judge orders it. And woe it be for Rex if he refuses to cooperate.
  30. DeathHamster Member

Judge Wasserman: William Rex Fowler, you are ... not the father!
  31. Anonymous Member

Just in case Rex is having some problems with his face, I've got an extra GF mask that he can use if he'd like.

A giver is me.
  32. Anonymous Member

DNA Test Ordered For Software Exec Accused Of Killing Ex-Partner - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

33. Anon123456 Member

i think the DNA is so they can put him in the data base. nothing more. there was enough residue on his hands to link him to this crime.
  34. Anonymous Member

the DNA gives a more rock solid case.

1. they can tie the blood on the doorknob to g-rex 100%
    2. they can be exact - 100% certainty in tying fowler to certain items
    3. who knows, although nothing suggests it, maybe it's not the first time rex killed someone. --- i doubt this will prove out, but you never know.
    4. eliminates the defense coming up with bs about another shooter or something. - although the gunpowder residue, and fingerprints would pretty much do that.

medical records - will help to prove conclusively that is was a suicide attempt, and there wasn't a struggle. This is fairly well established already. the lack of gunpowder residue on Toms hands pretty much proves that (the residue test results haven't been made public yet, but we're fairly certain there won't be any)

Was the location of the gun specified when they found it?? Like if Grex had attemped to put the gun in Tom's hands or something, it could add a bit of plausible doubt into the case - maybe enough to keep him out of death row. I don't think someone who had just taken had a chinbullet would be thinking that clearly though.

feeling lazy - don't want to re-read the affadavit to find out for sure.
  35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

38. TheVirginMask Member

Awww.. come on. No Fair. That image is starting to get me all hot and sticky. :(
  39. Zak McKracken Member

40. Belladonna Member

Very interesting to watch, especially as Australia claimed "Confessional Privilege." Is confessional privilege more strongly protected than counseling records? If so, why?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.