Customize

1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

Discussion in 'Media' started by GuardiansOrifice, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

Ah, I had forgotten about that statement.

I guess we'll have to wait for more to emerge before we know what the actual pattern was, then. The two statements agree on this much: multiple shots at first, and then a pause before the final 1 or 2 shot(s).

DNA Test Ordered For Software Exec Accused Of Killing Ex-Partner - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

That's a terrific article, as long as people read down far enough to get past the standard blah blah blah to the zomg cult wtf part at the end. It closes with the "way above a normal person" bit. LOL.
  2. JMBrandon Member

please, oh please, oh pleeease let that briefcase become public evidence in this case-
    I gotta know whats inside, I want it to be opened for the guaranteed lulz us inferior beings would have by seeing the information 'we cannot hope to comprehend'.
  3. eddieVroom Member

I'd expect some significant swelling of the face at least. Of course, it'll stay that way if someone slaps him on the back.

OSHI...

As I understand it, on some level, a single-round shot is like a body piercing, albeit rather rough. Where it gets nasty is in the burns that come with it, and given the close proximity of the muzzle, I'll bet Rex is still tasting gunpowder...
  4. Vir Member

Rex Fowler: 3 bullets of 9mm parabellum centerfire into the brain of Ciancio, all shots fatal, then 1 of the same through his own sinuses, non-fatal.

Flo: 3 bullets .22 caliber rimfire into the chest in ares that would not result in immediate death, but bleeding and pain, and then 1 of the same through her own brain. Also suicide notes.

See how the first example almost HAS to be murder, while the second is a probable suicide?

fixd
  5. whoever Member

You do know what "externally" means, don't you? I didn't say anything about his internal organs and tissues. I was addressing the question of whether his face had been blown off.
  6. Zak McKracken Member

No,
    the second one has to be murder because David Miscavige.
  7. Major Boyle Member

It's entirely possible that the bullet path actually went between the two hemispheres of the brain, causing minimal damage. I remember seeing a video a few years back about how a guy working on a blasting site was tamping down some nitro when it went off, driving a steel bar up under his chin and out the top of his head. Not only was he conscious the whole time, but he suffered no permanent brain damage.
  8. Anonymous Member

Except for a few ming letters now and then...
  9. Major Boyle Member

Damn those Thetans! LOL!
  10. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

11. crockhat Member

I think you're referring to Phineas Gage, who did actually have brain damage -- it changed his personality markedly.

They recently found a photo of Gage, see wiki article:

Phineas Gage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm curious about what the police will do about the OT suitcase materials in the Fowler case. They won't understand them much, but will they therefore get someone to attempt to decipher them, so they can be sure it doesn't relate to the case directly?

If the materials become evidence in the case, does that mean the materials become public record somehow?

And check out the video reconstruction of the tamping iron going through Gage's skull:

NEJM -- The Tale of Phineas Gage, Digitally Remastered -- Data Supplement -
  12. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

I feel once the prosecution formulates its case, a whole case of characters will be revealed. Rex Fowler was the trigger man. Those that supported his twisted mind set are just as guilty as he is.

Just like Rex, Janet Fowler and the CEO Laura Zaspel and others in the company AND local Scientology so- called church too have the blood of Tom C on their greedy little hands.

Ego,Self,Power and money. Simple!
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Sponge Member

I wouldn't be so confident that they would delve too far. If there is anything else significant that remains to be uncovered then I think it would take a strong witness, with clear evidence of any conspiracies, to turn the investigation/trial into anything more than a simple Murder 1. They've got their man, with more than enough evidence and can't see them making more work for themselves.
    Who can say though. If it gets too close to anything that has yet to be discovered then all it would take would be that strong witness, with that credible evidence of a conspiracy, feeling like they are about to be thrown under the bus.

brb shovelling popcorn into the storage bunker.
  15. Anonymous Member

[derail]
    Modern speculation is- the severe personality changes he suffered were most prominent for a short time after, and his recovery more complete and less eventful than the original lurid depictions.
    [/derail]
  16. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

bunker2-1-1.jpg.gif
  17. ChefXenu Member

Here's to the hope that, once the facts are gathered, this follows a course similar to when Patrice Vic jumped from his window to his death in France, leading to the President of the "Church" in France (Jean-Jacques Mazier) being convicted of fraud and involuntary homicide for his roll in driving Patrice to suicide. 14 other Scientologists were also convicted and sentenced on related charges.

Mazier.jpg
  18. Belladonna Member

Hey ChefXenu, will you fix the typo in Patrice Vic's name? This is very important info to keep at the forefront; searches should catch your post. Good post.
  19. ChefXenu Member

done, thanks. i need to lrn2spel
  20. Anonymous Member

21. JohnnyRUClear Member

22. tikk Member

23. Sponge Member

They updated the article again?

This Sarah Quinn.....
    Lawyer Sarah Quinn - Brighton Attorney - Avvo.com ?
    A noob, relatively speaking.

Edit:
    If she's a State Public Defender then does that suggest Fowler doesn't have a private attorney at all?
  24. Don Carlo Member

man...was impaled in the head by an angle metal bar at a construction work site...The patient made a good recovery although he has functional deficits related to the injury to his frontal lobes.

Elsevier: Article Locator
  25. Anonymous Member

Dream on
    2qsnziu.jpg
  26. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

Sweet!
  27. Don Carlo Member

Maybe CoS is dumping Rex and won't give him a Scientologist lawyer, and telling his wife not to hire a non-Scientologist lawyer (because the non-CoS lawyer would tell Rex to rat on CoS).
  28. Re: 1st degree Murder - Rev. William Rex Fowler Scientology Minister Charged

Let me this straight. Fowler could come up with the money to climb the bridge to stupid, yet can not afford an attorney? Now the tax payer has to pick up the tab for this murders defense?
  29. xenubarb Member

Re: Fowler makes court appearance in murder case

They should therefore look at his PC folder. Heh.
  30. Anonymous Member

I was just going to bring up the same thought. Most states have very strict financial criteria to qualify for legal aid, and it's actually gotten tighter in the past several years because of the huge caseloads.

Didn't they just sell a house? Where did that equity go? Is there no equity in the business or their new residence? (I know the answer - am just asking rhetorically).

If they "donated" it - most churches <cough cough> would understand a request to get any recent donations back.

This pisses me off. Taxpayers paying for a murdering cultie's defense? That's fucked up.
  31. xenubarb Member

It's strange how Fowler's wife's behavior appears to contradict the note left by Fowler, indicating that the briefcase contained nothing confidential and should be turned over to the wife.

Then Jan gets all uppity and Tone 40 at the cops, demanding the briefcase because it has documents "important to my religion."

So...I'm betting those dox are probably his OT shit. Sure would be great if they were entered into the court record.
  32. grumpus Member

It does to me - looks like the first sign that Reverend William Rex Fowler, Scientologist is being cut loose by Co$.
  33. tikk Member

I'd speculate that he's not only broke but deeply in the red, which red will only get redder, as he's racking up medical costs which his insurer (assuming he's insured, which seems likely) may attempt to deny because of his suicide attempt. There was a case in Colorado Supreme Court not long ago which sided with the insured-suicide-attemptee where an ambiguity existed as to whether his plan covered him.

Health Insurance and Mental Illness -- Tinwalla and Ciccone 34 (2): 252 -- Journal of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law Online

I'd not necessarily consider that case precedent though, unless Fowler had an identical plan--you'd have to look at Fowler's plan to know whether he was covered, and I doubt that information will spill out during the case, as it's not relevant to the question of his guilt. But if he's not insured, he's presently going irreversibly red, and will likely have to declare bankruptcy. He's also liable on other fronts--a possible wrongful death suit could/will be filed; and liability to the LLC for whatever money he hasn't returned to it. Any one of these three things could easily wipe out whatever equity existed in the house, and fast.

It's not clear how liable Scientology would be for whatever money came their way, and the answer would rely on a lot of speculative facts, so I'll not try.
  34. Sponge Member

Shitloads of those pesky psych drugs will do that "dazed" thang, as well as having pieces of your brain shot up.

He must have been quite the picture at the time of booking.

Aw I'm sure we could have used our awesome shooping skillz to tidy him up a bit. ;p
  35. timthephoto Member

Registrars often have victims go through their personal bugets with them, in order to "optimise" their spend with Scientology. This occurs when the victims say they can't afford a loan for courses.

One item they often have victims cancel is health insurance, because that money is far better spent on Scientology - isn't it? Household & building insurance payments are only tolerated if there's an intention to defraud said insurance company.
  36. JMBrandon Member

Well, that's two families destroyed by Scientology's ways in one fell swoop-
    Bet their myspace will be singing a different tune when G-Rex is found guilty of first degree murder and his business and home destroyed.

I hope the victim's family will find peace in justice...
    ...and I still pray to Xenu that briefcase is submitted as public evidence.
  37. Anonymous Member

I see Steve still believes LRH's fairytale about OTs being immune to cancer.
  38. Anonymous Member

All of that is moot if this doesn't even go to trial. I wouldn't be surprised to see a plea bargain worked out here.
  39. Anonymous Member

assuming he still has the mental capacity to even entertain a plea bargain...
  40. Sponge Member

Hmm, possibly.

Some may wonder just what does Fowler have left to bargain with?

Well, it's not as simple as that and here's some light reading before people ramble on uninformed.....
    Is Plea-bargaining in Capital Murder cases fair to victims? - LegalZoom.com

Unless they take "2 drools for yes and 1 for no" ;p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.