Customize

A Lawyer Answers Your Questions!!

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by MartinJDAnon, Jul 13, 2008.

1. MartinJDAnon Member

A Lawyer Answers Your Questions!!

Hi all!

I am a Lawyer with Civil Liberties experience, and have been interviewed on GlossLip Radio prior to the recent Sci vs. Spy Protest on July 11 (Yes, I am that Martin). Well, I figured it was time to open an account up here and make myself available for you to ask questions of.

Feel free to ask them here on the Forums where I can share the answers with everyone. Or, if you have a specific question and don't wish to share, you can email me. My email should be available, but if not, let me know and I will post it here.

It may take me a day to answer a question depending on when you ask it as I do work at a full time job as a Corporate Schill, but I will answer them. It is my pleasure to be here and contribute to your success!

In Service,
    Martin, JD
    Lawyer and Corporate Schill
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SamJac55 Member

Re: A Lawyer Answers Your Questions!!

IYO, what is the most actionable illegal crime the Co$ is currently engaged in?
  3. subgenius Member

Please explain the Rule Against Perpetuities in terms the average person can understand.:hmm:mmmmmmmmkay?
    Not really.
  4. Prozac4Tom Member

Welcome to Enturb!

Can anything be done about the cult intimidating small businesses? LA arranged a double decker bus, and while they were loading up, the bus driver was told to come back to the hub because Scientology had called and threatened a lawsuit.

YouTube - Protest July 12th, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 13Heathens Member

While talking to my evil fire breathing red-headed cohort I was told there is essentially a "put-up or shut up letter than can be written in order to demand they produce evidence within a timely fashion, or dismiss the charges.

I was unable to obtain enough information to be useful, however is this something that could be utilized to prevent COS from dragging on many of these cases which have no real evidence which they keep filing continuances on in order to cause further financial damage to defendants?
  6. 13Heathens Member

Actually, I have one more for you.. Recently CoS has been fair-gaming members of anon with "cease and desist" letters.

When asking those presenting said letters who they are, or who they're with said individual refuses to identify themselves. It's my understanding that Process servers or police officials are typically the ones who present legitimate documents of this sort, and thus would have no issue with answering such a question.

Therefore these letters are clearly to harass and be annoying. What are the legal ramifications of a lawyer sending out a cease and desist listing fraudulent charges? Is this a circumstance in which a movement could be made to have these lawyers disbarred?

Furthermore if they are not from a law office, but are presented in such a way, what sorts of charges could be pressed against said individuals for falsely representing themselves as legal professionals?

Thanks *evil grin*
  7. AnonMSW Member

Martin, you are a welcome addition to the family! As an allied pro-Anon in a different field, let me welcome you to the team. I hope you won't get too inundated with questions, and keep track of your billable hours for tax purposes! If $cientology can write this off, my accountant says he can make an argument for billable time as a deductible expense... only problem is we've not set up an NPO yet. Ah well, sometimes just have to do it "because."

Again, welcome.
  8. meatpopsicle Member

please sticky this! invaluable source of information!
  9. highoverlord Member

its very brave of you. arnt u worried at all that u will be fair gamed? you are one lawyer vs 9000 the scilons have. I commend ur courage. stay safe
    • Like Like x 1
  10. momISanon Member

Yay!!! A LAWFAG! Awesome! Thanks for your help!
  11. Pacifist Member

I'm thrilled to see you assisting us. Thank you so much for your help.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kilia Member

Welcome, Martin. Your advice here is most appreciative.
    <3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sanjuricus Member

Just stay safe Mr Lawfag Sir....stay safe. You obviously doesn't afraid of Scifags...but still be careful.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MartinJDAnon Member

I am afraid enough not to post my last name ;) But thanks :)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MartinJDAnon Member

The one that would technically get them in most trouble is their abuses of Children. The public in general will ignore quite a bit, but abuses of Children they will not. The problem is that Children don't always know to speak up for themselves and it therefore has to go through the local Child Services or your countries equivilant.

To just go to Child Services without evidence though is wrong, so you need the proof.

The other way to approach it is to go after their violation of labour laws. That is another way to get them. The whole RPF is a massive violation of Labour Laws, both Federal and State.

Hope this helps give you some ideas.
  16. MartinJDAnon Member

Here is a fun one for you. Check into your local Racketeering Laws. They might apply to this situation. If they do then, yes, it is illegal for them to use intimidation in that fashion.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MartinJDAnon Member

Under most Civil Courts, there is a Petition to Compell Production of Evidence. The down side is that the person you serve it on can then send you *everything* they own regarding the trial, and you can get swamped in useless paperwork.

It can be used though in a more specific mnner if you know exactly what you are asking for. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.
  18. MartinJDAnon Member

Well, a Lawyer of Law Firm can send you a Cease & Desist Letter without a process serve or police involved. However, if it doesn't come from a Court it is usually just a pre-trial warning.

If you ask someone delivering process, they should be able to admit who they are. Having said that, however, many of them will sometimes bend the truth to get you to open your door.

As for getting them disbarred, very unlikely. Unless the lawyer perpetrates fraud, it would be very hard to actually get a state bar to do anything against them.
  19. MartinJDAnon Member

Ths advice to Anonymous is Pro Bono (aka I'm doing it for free) so no billable hours and therefore no tax implications ;)
  20. Prozac4Tom Member

YOU are awesome! THANKS!!!!
  21. MartinJDAnon Member

I am not really worried about Fair Game. Granted while I am but 1 Lawyer against all of the scilons lawyers, I am a wiley, evil, lawyer ;) They sould be quaking in their Xenu issued space boots ;)
    • Like Like x 4
  22. MartinJDAnon Member

My pleasure ;) This Land Shark has been itching to get his teeth into the Scilons, and this is as good a place as any :guyfawkes:
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Flynn Member

24. MartinJDAnon Member

Flynn,

I would go to the police Department and demand to press charges. Especially if the video was taken in a public place. If they refuse to accept your charges, go to your lcal District Attorney and ask them to prosecute it.

Your right to protest and be safe is guaranteed in numerous Court Cases, and you should fight for it.

Hope this helps some :guyfawkes:
  25. anonymusicz Member

Question, and I understand if you would in no way be able to answer this. In NY State (Buffalo specific) the scientologist set up in one of the city squares. Today alone, they called police 11 times. Police came out twice. Second unit asked me to move out of the square across the street from them.

Do I have a right to be in the square, or does civil peace or whatever override that right? In other words, do I really have to move, even if the officers ask me to? And what recourse do I take after that fact?
  26. ravenanon Member

If someone gets one of those "letters" delivered to thier home can we do anything about it? Is it really legal for them to follow us home or etc..? Can't we push the law firm on how they got the info? and then go after co$?

Thanks!
  27. MartinJDAnon Member

Well, the local jurisdiction, in the US, has a right to set up what are known as "Free Speech Zones". Usually, these are usually used when the President is speaking. Your local jurisdiction can put one up though.

Where this incident becomes interesting is how they abused the police. If they keep doing that they will eventually get fined.

As to why they moved you, likely it was to keep the Scilons rom calling them constantly with frivilous issues.

After the fact there isn't much you can do. However, before the fact, make sure you have a permit to picket and that it says exactly where you can and cannot picket. That will give you enough ability to push back against the police if they ask you to move from a place you have obtained a legal right to be.

Hope this helps :guyfawkes:
  28. XenuLovesU Member

Re: the (mostly toothless) letters received by Anons from various law firms working for the CoS.

I get that, as one offs, they carry little if any weight. As far as I've read, they don't even cover the usual content of a C&D letter. They're just bullshit shots across the bow.

Even so, taken cumulatively, they smell like a deliberate attempt to scare folks away from exercising their rights of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly.

I know, at least in my state, there are blanket laws that make any attempt to abridge constitutional freedoms illegal.

Is there any chance of lumping all of these letters together and presenting them to a state or federal court as evidence of trying to illegally squelch freedom of speech/assembly via intimidation?
  29. MartinJDAnon Member

Sadly, there is no way to wrnagle that information from the law firm aside from suing for it and that costs money.

The legallity of them following you home is questionable, but there is likely little you can do about it. Sorry :(

Hope this helps some at least.
  30. MartinJDAnon Member

As mentioned in a previouos post, the letters, unless they come from a court, are mostly just strongly worded suggestions. They are a scare tactic, but sadly a legal one.

There is little you can do unless the letter actually violates your rights as granted under law. Good thought though, and it does deserve more research on my part. :anon:

Land Shark will sink his teeth into it ;)
  31. Re: A Lawyer Answers Your Questions!!

I've stickied this for a bit to see how it goes, we have a few lawyers in the ranks but they usually cannot state their position. Thank you very much for your help.

There are lots of threads that would really beneift from a real legal mind, or a few more,

Off the top of my head right now it would be great if you could look at http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/mask-question-22058/ where aparently the police are telling anon they're not allowed to wear a GF mask on the BACK of their head??

And http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-m...-gross-willful-violation-federal-order-21882/ where Dr Lily is trying to drum up a new investigation into the fact that the CoS e-meters are willfully in violation of an old court order for specific 'non medical/non scientific' warning stickers prominently displayed on all e-meters, and in fact always have been (placing them on the bottom).
  32. Anon1720 Member

Welcome Martin - its awesome to have you here. Thank you!
  33. eksef Member

This lawyer isn't doing it PRO BONO.

He's doing it PRO LULZ.
  34. MartinJDAnon Member

Yes I am, and the LULZ are Epic :guyfawkes:
  35. MartinJDAnon Member

I will do just that :guyfawkes:

If anyone else has topics they want me to check out, let me know. Some may require some research, but I will answer them as quickly as I can :anon:

Land Shark is hungry for Xenu...I hear he tastes like chicken :woot:
  36. Anonynamefag Member

Some Anons are working on getting together a compilation video of the assaults on Anonymous to submit to media organizations around the world.

Is there anything we should know beforehand?
  37. MartinJDAnon Member

Yes. Get sworn affadavits from the Anon's involved stating that it is them, and that they attest that the information in the video is correct and accurate.

Also if you edit, make sure you say what you edit. For example, "We removed 20 minutes of footage where nothing happened aside from us standing around peacefully protesting and it can be provided upon request."

Hope this helps :guyfawkes:

Land Shark is hungry for the Red Tape Fish
  38. anon_6969 Member

Hello, awhile back we were discussing weather or not Dianetics could be considered "Hate Literature" Heres the thread

This mainly due to their stance on homosexuality and specifically in L. Ron Hubbard's book Science of Survival, where he describes homosexuality as a "sexual perversion" because I live in "The land where milk comes in bags" (Canada) and here hate literature is explicitly banned.

Also were worried that they might use Canada's Human Rights Commission against us and I personally think that we should jump on that ball before they do.
  39. googoomuck Member

Hi there Martin-
    I have a question about confidentiality and public officials. If I wrote to my elected officials and requested that mention of my name be expunged from FOIA requests, would it work?

I get real leery about signing my real name to letters to Congress Critters and the like, but I wonder if they need a real name to take my letter seriously. How do I write to Congresspeople in my own name and avoid being namefagged?
  40. highoverlord Member

well ok welcome. just stay safe man they are nuts. the scilons that is. Alot of critics lost there pets in the fight