Customize

A Letter From Fayah

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Unregistered, Jul 28, 2009.

1. It is about the tulip flower. You'd need someone who speaks better Farsi than me to translate it. The tulips represent the youth who die fighting for freedom.

I was actually looking for a video that was about Iranian flowers, so I could kind of lay a virtual flower here in response to the letter, but that video was better.
  2. FreedomAgent Member

Shahyar Ghanbari is the writer/singer

I have the Farsi lyrics but I'll translate it for you and post it today or tomorrow
  3. Coyote-IRAN Member

4. Idiomagic Member

No news

I just wanted to let everyone know what's been going on. I have heard nothing from Fayah since her email.

I'm afraid she may have been arrested, but I have no way to pursue that. I'll be sure to post here as soon as I hear anything.

I'm still posting every day on my blog, if anyone's interested.
    Silence Is The Enemy of Freedom
  5. jadt65 Member

Thanks for the update
  6. Idiomagic Member

No problem, I just wish I had more news. :(
  7. I wish you did, too. Good news.
  8. Red Tulips

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAZP-0sUzb4]YouTube - Tulips - red flowers (English)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHJSaqyZPM&feature=related]YouTube - Tulips Festival WA[/ame]
  9. Thank you, NiteOwl! You truly are the image of dedication. I mean it. And not too many people impress me these days.
  10. Idiomagic Member

I think you're in the wrong thread. This was posted by me, NiteOwl is over at the Green Briefs...
  11. I saw what you wrote in your post about Ali. If there is any way you can, tell him we are with him. He did not suffer for nothing, and we do know what he has gone through. He is not alone.
  12. Idiomagic Member

Thank you so much. I'm in touch with Ali's brother, and will pass along your message.

Still no word from Fayah or my friend Rashid, but I am hopeful...they're not showing up on any of the lists of arrested or dead, so maybe they're just in hiding or can't get internet access.
    *fingers crossed*
  13. I'm hoping the same thing.

- coyote
  14. Idiomagic Member

Fayah Azadi June 23, 1986-August 2, 2009

I heartily wish I didn't have to report this. I just found out that Fayah was one of the women who led the protests on July 30th at Neda Agha Soltan's gravesite.

She was beaten severely by several Basij militiamen with batons, and struck repeatedly on the head.

Her friends carried her away from the cemetary to a friend's house. She died on August 2nd, having never regained consciousness.

Fayah Azadi was 23 years old, a student at Tehran University, studying art. She was a talented painter, and a staunch supporter of democracy and women's rights
  15. Machiavelli Member

The universe weeps for her.
  16. Idiomagic Member

As do I, my friend, as do I.

I weep for Fayah. I weep for Iran. I weep for all of us who will never have the joy of meeting her in person and thanking her for her courage and sacrifice.

One of my other friends is still missing...I fear the worst.
  17. Nedjarsan Member

Already replied to this in another thread...

My heart still refills with anger.

May vengance come on the tortourers
  18. Coyote-IRAN Member

Lets make sure her death does not mean nothing.
  19. Idiomagic Member

Amen, brother. Thank you so much for your concern and support through all this...it means a lot.
    xoxoxo
  20. is there any way to confirm her death, or does her family wish for her to continue as anonymous?
  21. Dro Member

I am so sad to hear this; I was so deeply touched by her letter, and I had worried so much for her safety, and now we find out she really did die at the hands of the regime's thugs, like she had predicted. She sounds like a beautiful person; I would really have liked to meet her her in person. That will never happen now.

Even though none of us has met her, even though we don't know Fayah's real name or what she looked like, and all we know about her is the beautiful letter she wrote before she went to face her death, we will always remember her and honor her memory as someone who died for the freedom of her people, and as someone who freely chose her destiny in favor of a cause greater than herself.

Although I wish her family would openly acknowledge her martyrdom, I understand that they cannot do so right now. They need to grieve in their own way, and we should not judge them for it. One day, I hope they will be able to let her take her rightful place among the heroes of Iran. In the meantime, it falls on us to shine a light on her courage and hold her out to the world as the beautiful and extraordinary person she was.

Fayah, you did not die in vain. Soon, Iran will be free, and you helped make it happen. Rest in peace.
  22. imabuzz Member

Trust on god

She done such fantastic work, we all with you ,and I pray that you'll never have to be a martyr, its not needed,I just pray for that everything be come alright, TRUST ON GOD,
  23. HELLO!!! Did you read the thread? Fayah is dead. She s already a martyr. :(