Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Heretic Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I'm off work for this.... a pre show piss up possibly? lol
  2. Sponge Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

They seem to be selling the creepy confrontation idea for the masses. Afterall, it worked a treat with the original. There'll probably be a more revealing teaser nearer the broadcast date.

I don't think MR&MR are in the loop quite as much as they like to think they are and I think they probably have concerns as to how they might come off in the final product. Rathbun didn't even know when Panorama was going to air till after it was posted on here and OCMB (which was about an hour or so after the BBC put it up).
    In the youtube video notes it is being touted as a Panorama Special which I take to mean that it may possibly have more than its usual 30 minute time slot (they've done programmes up to 60mins before, and that's without any commercial breaks btw)
  3. jensting Member

I just YEEHAW! out loud.

Looking forwards to this :) :)

Best regards

Jens
  4. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I think the awkward confrontations would be ok, but not on their own. There has to be something of substance also going on in the trailer to give some context of what's going on. But hey, what do I know? They're the goddamn BBC, I'm sure they have some idea how to market their stories. Does this kind of stuff often get picked up by other news outlets in other countries? Australian networks, RTE, etc.?
  5. Anonymous Member

Trip is first week in Dec, airs sometime early January. Travolta not flying the plane.
  6. Anonymous Member

excellent metaphor
  7. Sponge Member

I sense that there might be a series of different promos. Especially since we are quite a way from air date.
    There might even be a BBC News24 breakfast slot on the day.

Based on the trailer, if I was a TV another network then I wouldn't be buying on that alone.
    The original Scientology & Me had much more instant promise of course, and it was picked up by Australian TV (two days after UK airing, the 7 network ran a shortened version of the programme) and I think it aired in the USA. It was discussed in a CNN report on the AC360 programme.
    Hartley Patterson did a postgame media timeline of the whole flailing cult footbullet....
    Panorama - Scientology and me
  8. Little_Sister Member

169159-chi_evil_thought_super.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

No you didnt? For Real???
  10. Anonymous Member

If this is being broadcast at 9:00pm it must be extremely special. That's peak viewing time on a weekday and Panorama usually goes out much earlier than that!

With no commercial breaks on the BBC this should be intense.

Speaking of Shawn - I posted a comment about Shawn's "suspicious" death a while back on Maahty's Fail Blog just after Rinder started posting there - he let it go through but failed to respond!
  11. peterstorm Member

All these cameras! Can't wait for the cult's "counter-investigation". Endless lulz
  12. bAnon Member

You are missing the point. Sweeny is making a joke of CO$. The trailer (and the silly music) is a hook. I have a feeling that Sweeny will deliver an awesome punch line.
  13. Anonymous Member

I've checked the schedule for that day - it's on for an hour!
  14. Anonymous Member

Aaaaah finally! I have been eagerly awaiting this.
    But what i am also looking forward to is how Freedom magazine will respond to this lololol.
  15. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I'm kinda getting that feeling about it as well ;^)

I am glad if they are having fun with it. For the lulz.
  16. Anonymous Member

A drink every time Mike Rinder lies, exaggerates, evades or equivocates.

You'll be drunk before he stops saying hello
  17. Little_Sister Member

A drink every time you wish Shawn Lonsdale was there. :(
  18. Anonymous Member

Are there any raids in Loldon that day? ;)
  19. Anonymous Member

Possible John Dixon support raid.
  20. Anonymous Member

^ this^

RIP Shawn.
  21. new guy Member

Maybe.
    Tommy davis was in london for this,interesting to see sweeney vs davis round 2.
    M&M were followed around by steffania cisco,i would love to see her on national tv acting like the bitch she is.
  22. Sponge Member

That's a point. The Councillor Dixon hearing is happening the same day as the Panorama programme. Pity the hearing wasn't the day after so that the committee would get primed with a good refresh, BBC style, on how mindnumbingly fucking STUPID scientology is.
  23. subgenius Member

John Sweeney knows...never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake.
    He and Sen. X....doin' it right.
    Gosh they give me hope, and a reason to live.
    Evil will destroy itself.....do help, but get out of the way sometimes.
    Long day, and this news was the perfect end to it.
    wowjustwow
    russian beer+texan vodka=
    The tone of the teaser portends a new level of (somebody help me) scrutiny/starting point for any investigation/analysis.....("let's not pretend we're stupid about history and have to start from scratch every time")
    tipping point/domino effect/snowball/pecking order (spot of blood for everyone else to go for and claim they weren't the last to know)
  24. conatus Member

excited3np3.jpg

so . . .so very much so.
  25. ZeroC Member

Fucking brilliant. Looking forward to this.
  26. Triumph Member

its true! the Brits have

25673024.jpg&t=1.jpg
    The Return of John Sweeney
    http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=5026
  27. Smurf Member

Interesting... Mike Rinder disses Richard Behar who wrote the Time Magazine expose (that resulted in him & Time being unsuccessfully sued for 100's of millions of dollars) and LA Times reporters... in defense of Jon Sweeney.

At least these reporters had the guts to stand on their own two feet and tell the truth.. something the narcissist Mike Rinder doesn't have the balls to do...

Despite all his whining and mindless rhetoric, it's clear that Mike Rinder is terrified of David Miscavige... MR is all mouth and no action.

mrinder

And I will add that John Sweeney did what Miscavige will never do. Admit that he was in the wrong (no matter how much he was provoked), apologized publicly, sucked up all the criticism that was leveled at him and got on with his job. Not only did he do what others didnt have the balls to do — he went back directly into the line of fire for a second round.

Check around and see how many others have ever had the courage to do that — not Richard Behar, nor Sappell and Welkos or anyone else I can think of that has been the subject of the sort of pressure that was brought to bear on John Sweeney.

BBC One Panorama: Finally | Moving On Up a Little Higher

Scientology: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power

The Scientology Story: Six-Part Series - latimes.com
  28. Anonymous Member

^THIS

BBC, doin' it for teh lulz. :)
  29. AnonymousNow Member

"what them watch him watching them"

LOL. I like where this is going. Bringing the absurdity to light.
  30. AvantAnon Member

I'm sad that all of this video isn't permitted in the United States of America. But I guess we're a whole heck of a lot less free than the Brits.

It's going to be great though. Sweeney was brilliant last time, and looks to have really prepared well for this new video. It's going to be amazing. :D

They're such ridiculous liars. And they get caught up in them too. "I'm just documenting what's happening" x2. Sure.... And the guy who won't even shake his hand, real mature. Makes you look like an idiot when a guy is so proper and polite like Sweeney and you can't even shake his hand....
  31. Bipolart Member

...and I will.
  32. AnotherSock Member

In memory of Shawn Lonsdale. Epic obituary from John Sweeney. God bless, Shawn.

33. Anonymous Member

Who let that slimy rubber-faced cult-fucked mouthpiece in ma country?

God bless Shawn Lonsdale eh Tommy. You fucking piece of shit you!
  34. veravendetter Member

I agree. Obviously my head directs most of my disdain at DM, but the 'knee-jerk, schoolyard, 'wanna punch you in the face' part of me has a special place for Tommy Davis
  35. Anonymous Member

Bubba will find Tommy's special place!
  36. AnotherSock Member

It might be 'round two' for John Sweeney, but Panorama and Scientology go waaay back.

I'd never seen this 1987 programme before...

Nice to see Heber Jentsch, in the days when he was a free man... even though he was talking complete shite. Also LOL@ the "Reverend" Ken Hoden's attempt to conjure Godwin's Law at 5:25.
  37. Anonymous Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I had to stop watching once he came out with the 6 million people shite!
  38. willhaven720 Member

And so to shall be my boner.
  39. Anonymous Member

Pics or it ain't happening.
  40. Anonymous Member

I'm sure Slappy wont be able to manage a tiny boner that day but he may punch a few more execs for good measure!