Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. getbeckyout Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

[url=http://www
  2. getbeckyout Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Part 2

[url=http://www
  3. Anonymous Member

Though you weren't using your getbeckyout channel any more, or did you forget about your new channel getemallout ?
  4. Smurf Member

This monumental waste of cult blood money is just another example of the cult's Black PR that has been in use by the cult for decades. While credited to L. Ron Hubbard, it was actually an invention of Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels, who believed that you could create any kind of lie, and if you spread it amongst enough people, it would become the truth.

Much of what exists in Scientology is a gleaming example of this "acceptable truth" bullshit.

I thought it interesting the cult would malign the City of New Orleans as "the most alcohol & bad behavior city in the entirety of the United States" at 9:07 in talking about Marty Rathbun's arrest.

I have sent emails to New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and the editor of the Times-Picayune about the cult's videotaped slander. Let's give OSA-Legal something else to spend their $$$ on.

http://www.cityofno.com/Portals/Portal35/portal.aspx

http://www.nola.com/t-p/
  5. getbeckyout Member

No i will use this channel for all, and the getemallout in the main for parents.
  6. Bipolart Member

Thanks for the post, getbeckyout. It's the usual misrepresentation of facts we've all come to know. I was, however, tickled that they complained about John Sweeney hugging Amy and not offering hugs to the Scientologists.

Scientologists don't hug.
  7. the anti Member

well, sometimes they hug eachother

protest_0079.jpg
  8. Smurf Member

I've attempted to hug Tommy whenever I've run into him. He refuses.
  9. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  10. BTs2Free Member

I put Xenu on Marty's blog today. ;)
  11. Anonymous Member

From post #881 at 1:09 arrange access to the churches buildings and many facilities , Narconon Arrowhead ??
  12. Anonymous Member

I'm just delighted that they chose to use the Anne Archer "Do I look brainwashed to you?" bit. Seeing her get all butthurt at Sweeney's lack of a verbal response is just precious. How DARE YOU? How dare he what Anne? Politely decline from stating the obvious?

If you don't want to hear the answers Anne, don't ask the questions.
  13. Rockyj Member

Below is my comment I sent to BBC re: Secrets of Scientology, here Sweeny was already at it!

"I never had a problem w/John Sweeny's reaction back 2007! Excellent program exposing the cult. I just wish my country would take on the cult of Scientology, because this very dangerous criminal cult cloaked itself as a religion in order to avoid paying taxes! Please do a follow up re: how the cult's charity status in UK helps Scientology in Australia."
  14. slobeck Member

MVGroup - a well known torrent release group who only does documentaries has a great file of the show out on many popular trackers. Googling MVGroup probably wouldn't help you find it at all.
  15. sheeple Member

Is it still up? I couldn't find it.
  16. BTs2Free Member

Do a search for John Peeler on the comments page. Here's what I posted though, which Marty ended up allowing. The first quote was in response to another poster on his blog.

“Although it was not the purpose of the demonstration, one could see that Sweeney was perfect bait for inducement into the actual procedures of the technical aspects of Scientology.”

Your use of “perfect bait” says a lot. Reminds me of when I was the PCS of my org before joining the Sea Org and calling new public “Raw Meat.”

Anyway, I thought the program was absolutely brilliant on so many levels. At first I thought it could be harder-hitting, but then realized that to someone watching this program who knew nothing about Scientology, will now walk away knowing a lot more than they did about the Church and what happens to dissenters or people who disagree – or even people who want to tell their side of the story. That person watching, unless completely delusional, will never set foot in a CoS ever.

So what that the Xenu/OT III material was covered? It’s a big and major part of Scientology. I think people have the right to know what’s being sold. You may not think so, but I do.

From RJ 67 LRH says:

“The material involved in this sector is so vicious that it is carefully arranged to kill anyone if he discovers the exact truth of it.

“So in January and February of this year, I became very ill, almost lost this body, and somehow or another brought it off and obtained the material, and was able to live through it. I am very sure that I was the first one that ever did live through any attempt to attain that material. This material I’m talking about, of course, is very upper level material and you will forgive me if I don’t describe it to you in very broad detail because it’s very likely to make you sick, too.

“Now my task for the remainder of the year, up until now – which is to say the ensuing six months – was to find some way to safely bring through individuals. It was not enough for I myself to have lived through it. Other people would have to do so as well when they reached Clear and tried to move up from that point above.

“And about five or six weeks ago, I finally was able to make a breakthrough which brought people through the zone safely. It is relatively easy to do now, provided one is an extremely well-trained auditor, and the band of fire can be walked through, bringing one out the other side unscathed, providing he applies the exact technology. No one is in danger of colliding with this at lower levels, since it concerns the formation of the society itself in which we live. A person is Clear on the first dynamic. It is necessary, to become OT, to became cleared on all dynamics, including that of society and that of the physical universe. So I have also made this breakthrough, and I don’t mind telling you, it took some doing. In all the eighteen years, this has been the toughest one that I have faced. And I faced it so that it would not be tough for you to face when you came to it.”

You may think that the material is so out-reality for people who have not moved up to being at that level to comprehend it, or wrap their wits around it, or will get sick from being exposed to it. To those who believe that, I say you are completely underestimating and miscalculating the intelligence of common, everyday human beings. People also have the right to know what they’re buying, especially with a religious belief or subject with claims of this scope and magnitude, and thus form their own opinions and make their decisions based on that knowledge.

I thought the pinch test was a great idea, however it’s also interesting that a new definition for what the E-Meter does was introduced by Marty- being a “truth detector.” Never heard that definition before. From what I know, all the meter really does as a device is measure resistance to the flow of current going through the body. Weather that is mental mass moving in or away, or a “body read,” all it is is a reaction to what’s happening to the flow of current. That’s it. Has nothing to do with detecting lies, or the opposite for that matter – thus making the meter itself a device of “evaluation for the pc.”

Mike, Marty, Amy, Marc, Claire and Mareka, you all did a brilliant job to expose this dangerous Cult. It leaves this series open for further episodes IMO. You’ve got a very wide audience.

And to Mike and Marty, I agree with others who have mentioned that just because the BBC didn’t cover a lot of the secrets you wanted exposed, you can still expose them. This blog is a great place to start. You have an audience.

Major thumbs up!!!

The only issue taken with my posting was about my comment about the E-Meter. But, Xenu had to make a showing.
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

"Your identity will be kept confidential"? Isn't there a word for what that would make you?

It did alright. :-D

I had to take a laugh break at that point; I had the exact same thought. She expected her question to be a gimme, but... what exactly does a brainwashed person look like, anyway??
  18. Anonymous Member

Careful, you don't want an "attempted stalking" charge...

Narconon Arrowhead is in rural Oklahoma and serves as the main training facility for Narconon treatment to be spread around the world. It is, to be kind of disgusting, the bunghole from which all the shit of Narconon flows. It is owned by the Cult, while some of the Narconon treatment centers are "franchises' in the worst sense of the word.

google it or search for it on wwp, there's plenty about it out there and on here.
  19. Anonymous Member

Pretty much this...
    Anne%20Archer-SGG-047052.jpg

I'm glad I could help.
  20. Smurf Member

I would be absolute fucking excited & exceeding joyous if Tommy tried to get me arrested on an "attempted stalking" charge. He doesn't have the balls to go there.
  21. Smurf Member

I know lots of guys (and a few women) who hit that brainwashed broad in a nanno second. Now we know why her son Tommy is so gorgeous.
  22. Rockyj Member

LOL! Good one!
  23. Anonymous Member

I brought this up months ago with no response.
    I am glad that providing information at protests about the cult's tax exempt status and how much they SHOULD be paying if not for their tax exempt status is finally getting notice and attention.
  24. Anonymous Member

Response to post #898, ALL Narconons are suppose to be independent of the religion?? Scientology.
    How can they be the churches facility or building?
  25. Anonymous Member

I notice their is no byline on the Scientology propaganda video. Typical of Scientology. Cannot determine who did the voicework. I wondered if it was a professional.
  26. Anonymous Member

I'll turn the question around and ask you why given your presumption of independence from the Scientology, Narconon Arrowhead was purchased and funded by Miscavige's International Association of Scientologists?

They are "supposed to be" independent. Exactly. Are you trolling fucking? Ignore the corporate structural facade created so they can say Narconon is independent and maybe you'll understand.

Lurk moar. Search WWP for Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, etc., and read the thread(s), and come back then. Please.
  27. Anonymous Member

Nor any evidence that you are attempting to stalk him (except in your masturbatory dreams, I suppose). :)

I was exceptionally disappointed that he did not have any new on-camera stuff in the Panorama report. Of course, his performance on AC 360 was so epic expecting more was just being greedy.
  28. Anonymous Member

Dear Scientology

You remember the fuss you made about John Sweeney and Tommy Davis yelling at each other in 2007?

That incident made Mr Sweeney's little doco on your little cult world wide news. It made his latest doco eagerly anticipated.

5 million viewers, and their friends, families, and people they talk to in the pub or the internet, innoculated against your little business, in the UK alone.

OMFG. Gamed, you sad, sad, little twits.

How are your stats?

Yours faithfully,

Anonymous.
  29. OTBT Member

@ anonymous asking about Narconons being "independent", sounds like you are new here. Try reading this for starters:

Narconon Exposed: Narconon and Scientology - Organisations

internalorgchart.gif
  30. Anonymous Member

Response to post # 906, my point was not to troll but to point out that there is now a video produced by Scientology if indeed the video is produced by Scientology that states Narconon IS part of Scientology.
  31. Anonymous Member

lrn2quote man.
  32. exOT8Michael Member

THIS ^^^^
  33. Anonymous Member

According to the current Scientology web site, Narconon is one of the
    "Global Social Betterment & Humanitarian Programs Sponsored by the Church of Scientology"

Code:
    http://www.scientology.org/
    95622303.jpg

To my knowledge, Scientology has never publicly admitted that Narconon is actually part of Scientology. Link to the video you are referring to, please.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. exOT8Michael Member

Even if posted before: This is the email addy for Panorama if you want to thank them for such an awesome documentary.

You can bet OSA is using it to discredit Sweeney and the cult programme.

I know some Anonymous will want to balance the picture....poons !!

panorama.reply@bbc.co.uk
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

I kind of got the impression his stunned silence meant either "yes" or "how can someone look brainwashed anyway?"
  38. anonhuff Member

Not sure if sarcasm is being missed, or if this point is being missed but "attempted stalking" can't be a crime. Successful prosecution would mean you were guilty of attempting to but not committing a crime. Innocence of the crime would mean you were guilty of stalking so it's this endless loop of legal chickens and eggs.
  39. Smurf Member

Technically, and legally speaking... No. Narconon is not a Scientology division or entity. Each Narconon center is independently owned and operated under a license from ABLE International, an arm of the Church of Scientology.

Scientology has always played the game that Narconon, in a sense, is like a 7-11 franchise. The franchisee owns his store, it has the 7-11 logo and sells 7-11 products but it is not owned & operated by the 7-11 corporation.
  40. Anonymous Member

Based on scanned in image from their own propaganda (narconon-arrow-pointing-to-scientology.jpg) it would be more correct to say that narconon is a scientology recruitment/proselytizing center.