Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Bump ....because this thread makes me happy!
  2. Random guy Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

There are perfectly useable British proxies. The net is still free!
  3. Anonymous Member

I will dance my happy dance, whilst a young steffania looks on.

1235674796022.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  4. WhiteNight Member

sweeneylazer.jpg

They'll shit bricks and fail until their arsehole looks the the flag of Japan.
  5. DeathHamster Member

MR^2 are still locked into the same mindset as before they left.

Anyone who published critical articles/books, or who left earlier than they did and spoke out, are still The Enemies of Scientology.

When they can have a kind word for Gerry Armstrong, Richard Behar, Russell Miller, Jon Atack, Bonnie Woods, Bent Corydon, etc, then they've at least started on the road to recovery.
  6. Anonymous Member

I LOL'd hard. That's the sort of areshole you get when you're in an "unnaturally, extremely close" relationship don't ya think?
  7. RightOn Member

a drink every time Sweeny asks "do you work for the COS?"
  8. AnubisMTL Member

Everytime a scilon or someone stays silent at a question = 1 shot
    Everytime Tommy Davis avoids answering a question directly = 1 shot
    Mentions of Tom Cruise or John Travolta = 1 shot
    Every shot of a camera filming Sweeney = 1 shot
    Everytime the word ''Scientology'' is used = 1 shot

Tommy Davis commmiting a footbullet = 3 shots
    Tommy Davis commmiting a MAJOR XENU SIZED footbullet = 5 shots

Miscavige going apeshit = the whole bottle

and so on
  9. thefatman Member

Hell, any celebrity Sci is mentioned.

What about:

Every time ex-members are accused of being liars/fakers/haters/unreliable = 1 shot
    Anonymous gets called terrorists/bigots/hate mongers/etc = 1 shot
    Every time Tommy Davis says something is offensive to his religious beliefs = 1 shot
  10. WhiteNight Member

I like. Here's a full list, add more as you think of them:

Every time a scilon or someone stays silent at a question = 1 shot
    Every time Tommy Davis avoids answering a question directly = 1 shot
    Mentions of a prominent celebrity such as Tom Cruise or John Travolta = 1 shot
    Every shot of a camera filming Sweeney = 1 shot
    Every time someone Sweeney's interviewing, has interviewed, is accosiated with, references or Sweeney himself is accused of some crime (eg. an ex or critic is a peadophile) = 1 shot
    Every time the word ''Cult' is said = 1 shot
    Every time Tommy Davis avoids using the word "Cult" = 1 shot
    Every time Tommy Davis refers to Sweeney's RAEG last time = 1 shot
    Every time someone refers to their civil liberties and their rights etc etc = 1 shot.
    Every time Anonymous gets mentioned as a hate group/terrorists/bigots/racists/whatever = 1 shot

You won't last 10 minutes
  11. Anonymous Member

sounds good
    w8 on the rip
  12. thefatman Member

I'm gonna have to make sure I'm safely at home and miles away from any Org when this game starts. Otherwise I'm likely to sit outside the org, stinking of booze while gloating about the epicness of their fail.
  13. another123 Member

proxy.org sorted by country (right col) find on page with 'United Kingdom'
  14. Anonymous Member

15. AnubisMTL Member

I lol'd so fcking hard. I like where this is going...
  16. Anonymous Member

17. AnotherSock Member

Hmm, a drinking game, you say?

I just made up a few "Scientology Bullshit Bingo" cards. Pass 'em out with the popcorn, and see who will be the first to score five in a row!

Will upload when I'm not using crappy mobile internet, later.
  18. fisherman Member

Shawn Lonsdale -- I think about Shawn often and with reverence. He was a very special person. Thanks Shawn!

fisherman
  19. Anonymous Member

This quote from one of Marty's sycophants just made me LOL then I puked:-

"sarge | September 16, 2010 at 12:30 am | Reply

I loved the choice of song also. Marty did you think that up? Well done to
    you and Mike for making this happen. Can’t wait."
  20. DeathHamster Member

Every time an ex-wife says that she knows every inch of her ex-husband: chug!
  21. xenubarb Member

Anon "Drink In" on the steps of the org?
  22. AnubisMTL Member

I remember some time in montreal when a homeless guy sat on the porch of the mtl org only to be thrown back on the sidewalk by the scis. It would have been epic if he would had a beer bottle as well.
  23. CarterUSP Member

Fun fun fun. So looking forward to this.
  24. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Trailer reminds me a lot of Bryan Seymore's stuff... and that makes me wish they would team up for a journalism epic never before seen.
  25. RightOn Member

that would be an awesome duo
    maybe too much win for most hearts to handle tho lol
  26. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

In the UK it was the totally over the top reaction of the cult that everyone noticed, trailing a bit of that will attract viewers not boring stuff about a cult leader they know nothing about.

Yes Australia will be rebroadcasting the programme mate, no worries. It was the 2007 showing that brought our good friend Rupert Murdoch over to the light side.
  27. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

ltpMB.jpg
  28. RightOn Member

Richard Behar weighs in on Marty's blog about the upcoming show:

Richard Behar
    Hi everyone, Richard Behar here. Sweeney, kudos — you had me spitting up in laughter. Let’s get together again when you’re not being chased. Mike [Rinder], for me it’s not a matter of having lacked courage, so much as not wanting to spend another 10 years in litigation, etc., unless I felt I could move the ball at least 30 yards down the field from where I left things. That’s what I always told people when asked if I’d do another piece. Too many of those years in litigation morphed me into a part-time reporter [read: less time for other exposes that I felt should be done.] That said, I may return to it in a book someday. All best to you. -Rich

BBC One Panorama: Finally | Moving On Up a Little Higher

and

Marty, Hi and thanks!

I actually prowled your blog a few months ago to see if you had some contact info. I wanted to chat with you about that old litigation. If you get the chance, you have my email. Cheers and all best, Rich

Hi Mike,

Thanks. Certainly no offense taken. I was at a big awards dinner some years ago, and a journalist — just back from Iraq — took the mike and answered a question about whether he would ever return there for a second round. “Absolutely, probably, maybe,” he responded. LOL. Actually, the Scientology subject is too compelling and important to ever be finished with it. (Sadly, for a variety of reasons, I doubt that any major magazine would devote the resources and lengthy space to it today. I’d love to be wrong on that.) Cheers. -Rich

EDITED: in case you don't know who Behar is.... he is the person who did the famous Time magazine article
  29. AnotherSock Member

Got your Scientology Bullshit Bingo [tm] cards ready? Awww yeah.

Scinobullshitbingo001.jpg

Scinobullshitbingo002.jpg

Scinobullshitbingo003.jpg
  30. Anonymous Member

Bullshit Bingo cards - great stuff, i'm gonna have a go at this,
    the second horizontal line on the first card looks like the best bet.
  31. Anonymous Member

That should be second horizontal on the second card.

Good on the BBC, it has been a long time coming.
  32. getbeckyout Member

YES ITS 60 MINS LONG, Take my word.
  33. Anonymous Member

Thanks for the confirm. Now know how much popcorn, drinks and bingo cards to have on hand. Wouldn't want to run out, since no commercials!
  34. eddieVroom Member

Really, just a shot every time somebody says "supressive" or "sp" ought to do it.
  35. anonsoldier Member

I ruined a perfectly good pair of pants reading this thread.
  36. Anonymous Member

Awesome. Do you appear in it too?
  37. Anonymous Member

Sweet September. Yet another bad month for midgets, starting out with Australia, and ending with BBC UK. Oh wait. There's still a few weeks in between. Who knows ...

we+can+do+it.bmp.jpg
  38. Spangly Member

My current plan is to go raid in London during the day, then head for home during rush-hour sort of times in order to watch it unfold from the comfort of my own TV.

I also hope to live-stream at least the audio.

The raiding part is reliant on me being allowed to take the leave from work.
  39. Smurf Member

And the victim of many aggressive Fair Game actions coordinated by Mike Rinder. Of course, he'll never have the balls to admit it.
  40. Anonymous Member

1zb9kd0.jpg