Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. garlic Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

This will be good. I think any time anonymous in mentioned directly in the drinking game, a double shot is required. Shall try and spread the good news to the people.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

It's advertised on the UK TV Schedules all over the internets. I already confirmed it was 60mins yesterday. Do people not read through these posts? Sheesh.
  3. Anonymous Member

Smurf, do you think Mike might know something about Shawn?
  4. Anonymous Member

Is that with commercials or without? How long are the commercials?

Has Jon bought a locking gas cap plug?
  5. Anonymous Member

There are no commercials on the BBC.
  6. Anonymous Member

MRinder is claiming Tommy so screwed up the handling of Jon Sweeney that he blew and fled to the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas...

Which is why Mike Rinder had to go to London & handle Sweeney...

This would be the 4th time Tommy blew in the last decade.

Hmmm... wonder if the drug revert scored any Ecstasy when he was there? Tommy likes his Ecstasy... especially the Red Playboys..

Wonder why the dwarf keeps him?
  7. bAnon Member

8. Sponge Member

9. Little_Sister Member

Posting this on behalf of Raboon, it honestly made me choke up a bit. Thank you for making it.

isz2w.jpg
  10. Anonymous Member

Yeah too right!

Anderson Cooper could do with a proper stiff hour instead of prancing around that studio in his tight jeans and enquiring about who knows the most inches of their ex-husband's body.
  11. Bluebell Member

Ok, I put together a flier (with the help of a couple of WWP anons), which is finished and done, so here you go.

Finished and done Panorama flier - MEGAUPLOAD

This is just a EXAMPLE ONLY

panoraman.jpg
  12. Anonymous Member

Mike Rinder on Martys Blog-Tommy-Davey-asslicking
  13. theLastAnon Member

One of my favorite things. If you haven't listened to this (hi newfag), take the time to do so.

When Sweeney describes Shawn as "a brave and singular American" it kinda makes my eyes leak. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a tribute to Shawn that pulls no punches and it's worth having in your hip pocket as motivation. Seriously, if you haven't heard this, hit play now.

Bullshit Bingo is full of win. We'll have to have a live chat going on for the show too. It was fun when the CNN stories aired.

For the drinking game, please add:

Every time MR or MR say or imply that all the problems of Scientology started with Miscavige instead of originating all with Hubbard: 1 big fucking drink
  14. Sponge Member

I wonder if Sweeney got any proper PR handling or whether he was given the cold shoulder completely and just got a load what we saw in the promo (and as in Rathbuns own previous vidoes) i.e. P.I.s and menial OSA spaibots.

I'll be sad if Tommy Footbullet doesn't reprise his role.

tommydavisackbartrappra.jpg
  15. thefatman Member

Allegedly is spelt wrong. Also, were those spaces after the "'...Total Freedom?' which" bit on purpose or just justify being a dick? Just being pedantic but what about a colon at this bit? "... bought to you by: Anonymous"
  16. Anonymous Member

Each time an alleged 'Scientologist' violates the communication formula is worth a drink or three, imo.
  17. Rockyj Member

Me too Fisherman, he was a very brave & admirable young man who I believe did not commit suicide. I wish his name could be cleared in that respect.
    And to think MR & MR may really know the truth.
  18. Anonymous Member

He left a suicide note.
  19. Anonymous Member

Oh wait, there's more. (Marty's blog, Sept 16, comments under BBC Panorama)

First Rinder brags on Sweeney while disrespecing Richard Behar (Times, Cult of Greed):

Rinder:
    "…And I will add that John Sweeney did what Miscavige will never do. Admit that he was in the wrong (no matter how much he was provoked), apologized publicly, sucked up all the criticism that was leveled at him and got on with his job. Not only did he do what others didnt have the balls to do — he went back directly into the line of fire for a second round. Check around and see how many others have ever had the courage to do that — not Richard Behar, nor Sappell and Welkos or anyone else I can think of that has been the subject of the sort of pressure that was brought to bear on John Sweeney."

Well hello there. Guess who shows up!

Behar:
    Hi everyone, Richard Behar here. Sweeney, kudos — you had me spitting up in laughter. Let’s get together again when you’re not being chased. Mike [Rinder], for me it’s not a matter of having lacked courage, so much as not wanting to spend another 10 years in litigation, etc., unless I felt I could move the ball at least 30 yards down the field from where I left things. That’s what I always told people when asked if I’d do another piece. Too many of those years in litigation morphed me into a part-time reporter [read: less time for other exposes that I felt should be done.] That said, I may return to it in a book someday. All best to you. -Rich

Rinder: (keeping sci doublespeak working)
    "Rich– thanks for your comment. I had no idea why you didn’t do another story, but I know that the pressure brought to bear (in whatever form) is a serious deterrent to anyone who steps up to the plate for one round. Very few come back for a second helping — my comment concerned the courage of Sweeney rather than lack of courage of anyone else. Mike"

Behar (responding to a Marty comment):
    Marty, Hi and thanks!
    I actually prowled your blog a few months ago to see if you had some contact info. I wanted to chat with you about that old litigation. If you get the chance, you have my email. Cheers and all best, Rich
  20. subgenius Member

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.
    Ida and Shawn. I wonder if they ever met?
    The son she should've had.
    Bless their souls.
  21. Triumph Member

Rinder got caught with his dick swinging in the breeze...( when we(Not Tommy Boy) did it..and applied LRH fair game it stuck..yap yap..)
    oh Hai Behar! backpedal ...derp

[IMG]
  22. Anonymous Member

Get it right. He never inquired, they ejaculated that information themselves.
  23. Little_Sister Member

Then tucked himself right into bed after putting the hose into the tail pipe of his running car and into his bedroom window.
  24. Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Good.
  25. DeathHamster Member

I wonder about the details.

I wouldn't think that just stuffing a garden hose up a tail pipe would end up with a lot of CO coming out the other end. (Especially if the hose wasn't carefully drained of any water first.) If there was wadding added to the tail pipe to increase the flow in the hose, too much would stall the engine. Was there a towel used to block gaps in the window where the hose ran in to stop fresh air from getting in? I'm sure that any flaws could be fixed by trial and error, some people go to considerable effort to commit suicide, and I'm certainly no suicide expert, but still.

How much food was left in the fridge and how much cash in pocket did he have? What was the estimated cash value of the gas in the tank when he started, and could he have bought it? Were the autopsy lab results consistent with death by exhaust asphyxiation/carbon monoxide poisoning?

Since Shawn is dead, is there anything that would block a FOIA request for the investigation files?

(Tinfoil: Compare them to Quentin Hubbard's maybe...)
  26. Anonymous Member

Another thing that has always bothered me---Shawn had cats. He seemed to care about them very much. When people were offering to donate money to Shawn on OCMB, feeding them was a stated priority for him. I don't know if he still had them at the time of his death, and no one so far has been able to tell me. I would think if he had a choice in going the way he did, that he would try to find someone to care for his cats first. Did this happen? Or did his cats die with him? Would he really choose to do that to them? I tend to think not.
  27. Smurf Member

Absolutely. MR was the Int'l Director of OSA. Don't expect him to say anything though.
  28. theLastAnon Member

Sweeney's no fool, and the other reporting of his that I've seen plus his past Scientology work lead me to believe he can see through the double layer of b.s. coming from Rinder for the self-serving crap festival it is....AND still make use of Rinder to effectively demonstrate the problems of Scientology. That would be the best possible outcome for this report. Not sure if I can stomach another Mahty Pahty (by proxy).

The other thing to remember is that this report will in some ways be Sweeney's world-wide vindication after his embarrassing (albeit understandable) explosion of awesomeness in Tommy's face.
  29. Smurf Member

Shawn killed himself. Shawn was not doing well financially and was in a bad place mentally. I spoke to his brother & mother after Shawn's body was found.

They confided info with me I promised not to repeat. His death was very hard on his family. Shawn was a good man whose heart was in the right place.

Please don't smear his memory by insinuating he was murdererd by Scientologists.
  30. Anonymous Member

I left one too but it wasn't me.
  31. Anonymous Member

DOX or GTFO.

Compared to saying that he definitely killed himself?
  32. Smurf Member

Aren't you the clever one..
  33. Anonymous Member

No, U.

Elvis told me that it was definitely murder and showed me proof, but he asked me not to tell anyone.
  34. Anonymous Member

Occam's Razor suggests suicide.

Doesn't mean the cult aren't probably responsible.
  35. greebly Member

This show needs to be broadcast in Italy soon, very soon.

Less skiing more reports like this Mr Sweeney.

Hugs all
    B Still very bad sadly:( think i did some extra dmg on the megaraid

P.S> monthly with everyone wearing Sweeney masks and perhaps saying those golden words

"Hello I'm John Sweeney"
  36. Anonymous Member

Jesse Prince bows down to Marty <puke>..

Jesse Prince | September 16, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Reply

Mike can you please tell me a bit of the story of how little Tommy was gotten back. Is he still the public face of Scn? You were, and as far as I’m concerned you are the true President and Public face for Scn.

You wore that hat for years am I right? Just because little pecker head took that from you does not negate the truth. Just looking over this whole explosion of truth going on now someone, has to represent and that person is you. You are the offical President of Scn and you are going to have to take us home with this thing.

I know this is a strange way to say you are in fact the last President Of Scn don’t let them say you were just a janitor. The world knows you as the President of Scn, remind them of that constantly least they forget.

BBC One Panorama: Finally | Moving On Up a Little Higher
  37. Anonymous Member

so they converted jesse back into their cult again?
  38. AnonyVix Member

Looking forward to the panorama programme, it will be interesting to see how M&M feature in it.
  39. Bluebell Member

Now plz look here for the Panorama flier
  40. Anonymous Member

Are you questioning my use of the word ENQUIRE? Please note that in practice, enquire and enquiry are more common in British English, and inquire and inquiry are more common in US English, for both informal questions and formal investigations.

That said, I'd like to give Anderson Cooper a good stiff hour on the Cult. He could definitely bring something out in Tommy Davis after a bit of probing.