Customize

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sponge, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

2. greebly Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

^^This^^

Good man and I'll still keep borrowing soundbites from Jawdroppers:p yeah!
  3. Anonymous Member

Re: A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 210

Spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned being on the BBC Panorama which he thought would have aired in April. He also said he hasn't seen one thin dime to the repayment request story on the St Pete Times in Jan.
    Larry Anderson, star of Scientology's 'Orientation' film, wants his money back - St. Petersburg Times
  4. Rockyj Member

^^^
    THIS

I am so happy its not all about MR or other MR!
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Rockyj Member

A Panorama Special: Secrets of Scientology, BBC One, Tuesday, 28 September at 2100

"WOW, that's a long wait! I won't be here to see it but could still play the drinking game."

Agreed we can meet in the afterlife!
  7. anonhuff Member

One of these means what you think it means and the other is simply a time such as you would find on a clock or watch or cellphone or computer or or or.

"Tuesday, 28 September, 2100"

"Tuesday, 28 September at 2100"
  8. Anonymous Member

Bloody stupid americunts don't know how to read proper dates, no matter how easy you make it for them. But because I'm nice, try this:

4pm EST on 9/28/10
  9. Anonymous Member

At least, we brush our teeth.
  10. Anonymous Member

Meh, free dentistry.
  11. Anonymous Member

When Brits can assess it....

"... the real problem with NHS dentistry isn't that it's run by the government. The British government manages the rest of the health care system pretty well. The problem is that the government -- and by extension, the population -- doesn't care as much about oral health as they do about other aspects of personal health. One need only look at the budget to confirm this."

When Health Care Rationing Fails: The British and Bad Teeth
  12. Anonymous Member

giggles
  13. dwest Member

The topping on the cake, have Arthur R. Miller of the Ethics in America discussions moderate a two hour panel.
  14. Random guy Member

15. Anonymous Member

Teh lulz, they hate you too...
  16. scino Member

z
    Very good. Shawn Lonsdale must be remembered.

But, Bot, Have you ever considered that Shawn and John Sweeny might be bodies operated by the same Thetan?!

Talking about multiple bodies... How many wogs are controlling the 'Anonymous' login, anyway? With close to 120,000 one-liners (posts), 24hrs up-time, and changing personalities faster than a chameleon's colors, one might ask that question. - More often bot, than wog, right? Programmed to reply with generated sentences in Anonymese. Bye, Bot.

Are Friends Electric?
  17. AnotherSock Member

According to the St Pete Times, the money that Larry Anderson is owed isn't because he's asking for a refund for all the bogus Hubbardshit he underwent, but simply the money he has on account at the Cult of Scientology. (All $120,000 of it.)

Lots of victims bank with Scientology, as a handy way to pay when extorted for courses. (Lisa McPherson had only $11 in her 'wog' savings account when she died - the rest was already held by the cult.)

From what I have read, it seems that all Larry Anderson is asking for is the return of his own money. It's not a refund; just a balance transfer.

I have been advising people for some time now: get back any money you have on account with the cult. Divisions of the cult will find it expedient to declare bankrupt soon, for tax reasons, and then you'll be just one more creditor among many. Get your money back now!

It's interesting that Scientology can't or won't pay Anderson back. Maybe the cult is in deeper trouble than we imagined. Certainly, now it's contracting, the old "pay refunds only from new income" rule doesn't work.

Interesting times.
  18. Ann O'Nymous Member

Keeping Larry Anderson unhappy is not a good idea for them, IMHO.
  19. AnotherSock Member

Perhaps stating the obvious, but...

You don't have to be in a city with an org (or mission, or cultist-owned hotel) to take part in the important task of telling people to watch BBC1 on the evening of Tuesday 28th.

Sure, there will be mini-raids and flyering to inform the public, but COSRECI's tax-dodging scandal affects every British taxpayer, in every town and city. So please, if you were ever wishing that you could go to a raid, but it's too far... print out some fliers, mask up, get out and represent.

Obviously, we don't know the content of the programme yet, but I can tell you that it will do nothing good for the Cult.

Let's make sure we 'boom' the ratings.
  20. Anonymous Member

Could someone please post the correct date/times here in America, for ALL the time zones, to watch this BBC presentation?
  21. Spangly Member

Because I'm feeling very bored:

Local Time in London (British Summer Time, +1): Tuesday, 28 September 2010, 21:00:00 (So, in UTC/GMT (+0), that'd be 20:00:00)

Local US Timezone Times:
    • West Coast (Pacific Daylight Time, -7): 1pm
    • Mountain (Mountain Daylight Time, -6): 2pm
    • Central (Central Daylight Time, -5): 3pm
    • East Coast (Eastern Daylight Time, -4): 4pm

To do other conversions, easiest bet is to go to The World Clock Meeting Planner - Results and then click the "Change Cities" link. Leave London as the first one, set other ones as you wish, then match for London 21:00 (i.e. 9pm).
  22. MSAnon505 Member

Is there a link where the show can be watched live, or will we Americanons have to wait for it to appear on YouTube or Vimeo?
  23. Spangly Member

I am very confident that I will be able to live-stream the audio. I will investigate to see if I can provide the full video experience live.
  24. Anonymous Member

It was the Panorama special a few years ago that opened my eyes to just how powerful, corrupt and creepy the cult are and no doubt, the coming special will open the eyes of more public.

It's a fantastic opportunity to get greater public awareness- simple fliers can be produced and pinned up on noticeboards, dropped into letterboxes the day before broadcast, slipped into TV listing magazines, circulated in universities.

Go out..disseminate and make people non-$cientologists!
  25. subgenius Member

Thanks for asking the obvious question.
    Do want.
    Bad.
  26. RightOn Member

ditto
  27. Ogsonofgroo Member

ditto2

BBC site have times and live feed? Would be nice to have it streamed eh, times in NA can be figured out by google-foo.
  28. subgenius Member

viewing parties around the world simultaneously
    me want
    this is 2010, no?
    don't have my flying car, but can haz this?
    with a series of tubes how hard can this be?
    I hate waiting for instant gratification.
  29. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

If nothing else, you should be able to just take a camera and put it in front of your TV and stream that, right?
  30. Spangly Member

This is not a 100%-certain absolute promise, buuuut...

It's looking pretty likely that I will be able to provide a full live video stream. Via Flash-Media, so all you'll need is a flash-capable web browser.

The video may be a little bit imperfect (as it will be "point camcorder at TV"), but it ought to be acceptable-for-live. The audio will be properly recorded (tv line-out in to proper mixing desk in to PC line-in), so that's the absolute best I can achieve with the equipment I have.

I also took the liberty of registering #panorama on AnonNet IRC. (This can be reached using the standard WWP Chat page and then typing "/join #panorama" once you are connected)

Please note: The stream will have "enough capacity for all of us", but NOT for the entire fucking internet. This will mean that the stream should NOT be publicized on digg / reddit / etc. (Also, all UKfags are requested to either turn on their TVs or use the Live IPlayer stream, to keep slots free for people who cannot get it live any other way)
  31. Spangly Member

Indeed - but I didn't want to promise until I knew that I had a good-enough camera and that said camera still worked and could be connected to my PC and used as a live video source. Those tests are now done.
  32. Ogsonofgroo Member

That's frikken awesome Spangly! Massive caeks to ya! When the day arrives could you, would you post the link here for us?
  33. theLastAnon Member

Well, this is win. I'm now planning on taking off work early so I can be here to watch it live. Thanks also for setting up the IRC channel. Live chat during the broadcast is usually lulzy, plus it gives us the opportunity to play the drinking game and bingo game together (instead of sitting alone and drinking and playing with ourselves). Herp.

Also, who thinks we can get this thread to 500 posts simply IN ANTICIPATION of the broadcast? Seems likely to me. :)

Spangly, AmeriFags Salute You!

1278038674523.jpg
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Anonymous Member

36. Anonymous Member

Yeah, but notice the look he's givin' mar-tee
  37. Anonymous Member

It doesn't seem that FootBullet man will be making an appearance this time.

Whats the matter Tommy? Did things not go so well before?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  38. Sponge Member

Ooo thanks. Added to OP.

Note: for BBC Scotland viewers it starts at 22:35hrs.
  39. eddieVroom Member

Oh, don't tell me you've never been curious. I know I've been lol
  40. Anonymous Member

all three got a look that sez it all

[IMG][/IMG]