Customize

A Psychopath Walks Into A Room. Can You Tell?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

The review itself doesn't seem to mention scientologists, but the little blurb about them was what came up on my Facebook wall.
    I thought it was interesting that the author decided to mention them in there as part of his research on psychopaths. LOL
  3. Anonymous Member

4. RightOn Member

I thought this was the beginning of a joke.
  5. Anonymous Member

Vid is 2 years old, but done decently
  6. Anonymous Member

Okay then:
    A psychopath walks into a room and salutes a picture of LRH, no one is surprised. *Baddum tish*
  7. Anonymous Member

It is, if elwrong is the punch line
  8. RightOn Member

lol
    A psychopath walks into a room and picks out a fake wife for appearances...
    he says, "I'll take that one" and then he marries her.
    Years later, he is still gay.
    Moral of the story?
    errr..... uhh....

oh I need a nap
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Anonymous Member

Psychopaths & Scientologists seem to adopt the same "million mile stare" and arrogant attitude. That's how I would be able to tell.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LocalSP Member

A monk, a Buddhist and a Sea Orger walk into a bar and sit down. The bartender takes their order. The bartender sits a drink down in front of the monk and Buddhist each and walks away. The Sea Orger says "Hey what about me?" The bartender says "Right, like you have any money."
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Scatman Member

Interesting interview with the book author on NPR. Hubbard did not recognize the validity of the "psychopath" classification, even though forensic psychologists and psychiatrists have documented thousands of such individuals. I think one would find many of those in senior positions of scientology to have the attributes of anti-social personality disorder. "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." L. Ron Hubbard
  12. RightOn Member

now your're talking
  13. Anonymous Member

The little bit I read from the review seems to indicate that they are likely to be found in the senior positions of ANY organization. I would think it espcially true of groups like cults.
    The cult puts emotions like sympathy low on the tone scale and discourages helping the less fortunate.
    It seems to glorify psychopath tendencies in it's "code of honor."
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien285.html

I think the whole cult as an entity seems like a psychopath looking to train and create new psychopaths. It teaches courses on how to manipulate people, detach oneself from emotions, it fosters a sense of superiority over the "common wog," it is insanely paranoid and creates paranioa in it's members, being agressively antagonistic towards anyone who questions them, never accepting blame (it's always the fault of the suppressive person) - instead attack, never defend. ETC.

I forget where I read it, and have forgotten exactly how it was worded, but it was something along the lines of:
    "The founder couldn't deal with his own psychosis, so he tried to pawn it off on the rest of the world to make everyone the evil, greedy, vicious coward he was, under the guise of "religion."
    • Like Like x 1