Customize

Aaron calls out Marty Rathbun on his lying....

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by _You_, Dec 29, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

2. amaX Member

Re: Aaron calls out Marty Rathbun on his lying....

For some reason, it's no longer alright to show any emotion about anything any more.

Even when I disagree with Aaron, I find his passion refreshing. I like that he's happy to be out and that he shows remorse for what he did. I like that he's pissed about what goes on in Scientology and that he's not afraid to call a liar a liar.
  3. _You_ Member

I vote they have rough sex together to sort things out
  4. _You_ Member

Completely agree. He's humble yet courageous enough to admit was he participated in and to right some of the wrongs.

There are some exes who could learn from him.

I find his emotion/passion refreshing. He doesn't make excuses for why he was in, for how long he was in, or for what he did. I haven't seen him pull the often-used "I was brainwashed which is why I did ____" card, either.
  5. _You_ Member

Pooks you don't have to post anon. :)
  6. timthephoto Member

for my 2c

any dispute between Marty & almost anyone - almost anyone gets my confidence over Marty.
    Marty Marty the lying sneeking - underhand - tech loving - harm denying - bastard

Aaron.. someone who came out and bared his very soul, blew the lid on Marty's luxurious lifestyle as IG, admitted what a cunt the SO made him - and now he says the liar is a fucking liar?

what's the problem? - we all know Marty is a fucking liar.
  7. Ogsonofgroo Member

Thanks, sort of my thoughts too. One thing Arron does (and well too), is face the truth head on as best he knows it, and he certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise~ he is not out to screw anyone, but is coming to terms with what he has been through/seen/knows, and not afraid to admit his own faults and actions.
    This is in stark contrast to MR's 'De 'tech' does work!' spin on things, for his brain is still engaged in Hubbard's mind-fuck imho, and he may never recover and, I think, he's also a bit of a coward/fool for going the route of half-truth/silence/spin, which is all part & parcel of LRon's way of dealing with anything uncomfortable (like the whole truth etc.).

@You regarding the recovery time quote, if I am not mistaken that is part of one of Professor S. Kents papers where he looks at the psychological damage of LRon's mind control (and am fairly sure that it was at least 10 years, if at all), when I have some patience I'll dig it up and either post here or start a new thread (it may already be here somewhere, try search?).

My afternoon thoughts bf/cocktails and dins :D

Cheers All!

Oh, Arron ROCKS!
  8. DeathHamster Member

When Aaron speaks, it's coming straight from his heart. There's no sense that he's holding back, shading things to his advantage or trying to put a better shine on the past with an eye to the future--unlike Marty.

Now, Marty did spend a year or more in intense interrogation/re-reprogramming on the Freewinds, but .. just because he was a part-time victim, doesn't mean that he's a nice guy. He hasn't really admitted personal responsibility for harming others or asked for any forgiveness yet. Okay, so no forgiveness cookie for you!

The higher levels of CoS are like a freaky RL version of the Zimbardo Stanford prison experiment on steroids, with the twist that everyone takes turns as guards and prisoners. (Everyone except Davey-boy, of course.) So long as there are always more guards than prisoners, the evil mind-fuck machine keeps grinding along.

Zimbardo experiment went off the rails in only six days (with academic arguments about why it did, granted). The inner structure of Scientology, as set up by Hubbard, has been running since the mid-sixties. It's a wonder that it hasn't fallen into an even worse state. (Assuming that the worst is known.) I believe that Hubbard's organization pattern will insure that the most ruthless manipulators will rise to the top, and the ethics, RPF, sec-checks, disconnection, Fair Game, etc, will follow from that, just as it did when Hubbard was in charge. It wouldn't have mattered if it had been Mary Sue Hubbard, Pat Broeker, or anyone else who landed on top instead of Davey--he was just the best player at the dirty game.

Assuming that Marty really does want to reform Scientology (and not just get his rank and perks back), removing Davey isn't going to cure the inherent problems with organized Scientology.
  9. _You_ Member

This is a good thread.

I hope Aaron makes it and I believe he will. But he needs to look out for himself, doesn't need to look for confrontation.
  10. grebe Member

The contrast between Aaron and Marty reminds me of people who've been very friendly toward me, then later tried to invite me to their church or something. Suddenly what seemed "friendly" at first becomes more clearly a method to sell me something. Meh.

I know people who can't tell the difference between a friend and a friendly manipulator. Makes me very sad.

Scientology is an interesting world, with its billion year navy, space aliens, and epic battles on imaginary dimensions. It might be worth a few afternoon's entertainment. But hardly more. For there's a real world we can share. And it's "really, really there," as Feynman says.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Symphony of Science - 'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)[/ame]
  11. anon4eva Member

^^ I likey and agree!
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

The green part and the red part seem to conflict, in tone at least. The implications are "shady Aaron"/"reasonable little me", yet the green conflicts with the red more substantively in that the red strongly implies something which bothers you -- something well beyond "this one detail".
  13. _You_ Member

The backstory is that Aaron was a Commodore's Messenger, a member of the Commodore's Messenger Organization. Messengers have access to almost anything and anyone, and everyone is trained to provide a Messenger with whatever the Messenger needs and to tell a Messenger whatever the Messenger wants to know. Messenger's are Hubbard's equivalent to Hitler's personal guards. No one screws with either Hitler's personal guards, or a Commodore's Messenger.
  14. Skeptic1337 Member

blah blah blah, the day I care what some douche who was an asswipe while in the cult thinks about what another douche who was a cumsock while in the cult is the day I join said cult.

So much unwarranted self importance. If only exculties would tell their tales, what they did, what happened to them and keep the nonesense out of it, it be awesome.

It's a lot to expect from a bunch of retards who fell for a UFO cult, yeah yeah yeah born in it and all that shit, don't care.
  15. _You_ Member

I've never met Aaron. We were in in different times.

First, to respond to a different post about the CMO, but this is more about the point: even CMO's knowledge is compartmentalized and he didn't have Int base clearance (and said as much) at the time when he was on the ship. So one Int base person with clearance is going to talk about another Int base person with clearance to him?

Aaron said, in one of the transcripts: "So you wouldn't know, you would think he was a labourer, he's not, he's actually a very senior messenger with a very high security clearance - in fact, that person has the highest security clearance in all of CMO. Me, as the HAS, the HCO chief, above him, I didn't even have the security clearance." (transcript from here)

So he said he didn't have clearance.

Except suddenly on a stealth mission on the Freebarge.
  16. _You_ Member

Cool,

Someone"s drunker than me!
  17. tamphex Member

Your suspicions are unfounded. Aaron is doing just fine.
  18. _You_ Member

Not Pooks or even an average ex, so I'll take your comment as a compliment. :)
  19. grebe Member

I watched the video where Aaron talked about his strange mission after Incomm security was breached. I had the impression he found the experience baffling, even now.

I also couldn't follow the implications of his story. It seemed that someone might have been trying to create the impression the FBI was involved in breaching CoS computer systems. Why? Perhaps to test Aaron's loyalty?

Was Aaron suggesting he'd been drugged, when he said he couldn't remember much of what happened after his plane landed in the US upon his return? Can someone be drugged without awareness of it happening? That's a little hard to believe.

Maybe Aaron was sucked down a rabbit hole of crazy suggestions and confusion, perhaps because CoS management feared he knew stuff that might be damaging to the organization.
  20. thetanic Member

I figured it was just to end the witch hunts by falsely giving up a person who'd had doubts about the organization. Seen it happen, but not in such a paranoid scenario.

As far as a loyalty test: no idea.
  21. ArnieLerma Member

well said..

Aaron's got soul...

my counsel to exmembers telling their stories is...as long as you tell the whole of the truth to the best of your knowledge, you will find that you will be able to "walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and fear no evil" (23rd Psalm:)

And if one just tells what one has seen.. and explain what has been experienced to bring you to see things the way you do.. and keep repeating it despite ridicule, you will find that you can walk through anything, almost like walking upon the water.. and after a while, you will find that you are not alone.

and it is ok to get it wrong from time to time... but only about the details... dont get the big things wrong, you will find that with truth as your staff you will be able to even walk through US Federal Court...it is really quite remarkable just how far truth can take you...and how much scientology, and all who profit from lies, fear the truth.

Just keep walking, and remember that you are not alone.

"What a long, strange trip it's been" J Garcia

"In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" George Orwell
  22. _You_ Member

lol knitting circle.
  23. _You_ Member

IMHO,

Aaron has done a pretty good job when he's spoken about things he's personally experienced. His accounts in this regard ring true and seem likely to rock the boats of those still "inside."

His latest stuff, where he tries to interpret what's going on with the SP Times... meh. Frankly, he's not far enough distanced from his cult-indoctrination to have an objective opinion. He sounds like a bit of a nut-job when when steps outside of his own personal observations.

Either that, or he's just not describing what he feels he's observed accurately.

In either case, I wish he'd just stick with talking about stuff he has direct knowledge of. Take a page from Marc Headley's playbook and talk about what you saw without trying to extrapolate it to other situations. The press and the public will both take you more seriously if you do so.
  24. pooks Member

I don't know why you would think I posted that. There's not a single cuss word in the post.
  25. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  26. pooks Member

Thank you for fixing that for me.
  27. Anonymous Member

See also: Larry Brennan and John Duignan
  28. Herro Member

So has anybody posted some steamy Aaron - Rathburn slashfic in this thread yet?
  29. Skeptic1337 Member

Aaron said to marty: "Can you pass me the ketchup."

Marty ins a shocked state reached for the ketchup accidentally nudging the astro glide out of the way and onto the floor. Shattering it into hundreds of shiny glass shards dipped in vaseline.

With a knowing wink Aaron let Marty know that it was ok, he liked it rough.
  30. Herro Member

Go on...