Customize

ABC Lateline - Forced imprisonment on the Freewinds (2011-11-28)

Discussion in 'Media' started by Zhent, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Zhent Member

Australian resident Valeska Paris Guider was held against her will on the Scientology cruise ship Freewinds for 6 years when she was 17 and made to do hard labour.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/
    http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2011/s3378641.htm

Mod edit: Additional Media Coverage of the Program:
    Woman alleges imprisonment by Scientologists – ABC Online
    Scientology Held Woman Aboard the Freewinds for 12 Years Against Her Will ... – Village Voice (blog)
    Scientology allegedly imprisoned woman on cruise ship 12 yrs. – DigitalJournal.com
    Church of Scientology 'imprisoned' woman – Ninemsn
    Woman 'imprisoned' on Scientology cruise ship – au.news.yahoo.com

UPDATE 29/11: The win keeps rolling in with this A Current Affair report!

• Like Like x 28
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  3. ANON74 Member

Good to see that.
    More people speaking out, the Church response was predictable.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Miscavige acting the coward as usual. Little shit.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. *bump* for great justice.

Where are the civil lawsuits in all of this?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Where are the government agents seizing that asbestos-riddled ferry boat and impounding all of David Miscavige's expensive shit obtained via money laundering, extortion and fraud??
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Anonymous Member

Tick fucking tock Miscavige you cowardly little bully.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. This would perhaps be why the Freewinds only docks in dinky little Caribbean countries, and Columbia.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

• Like Like x 8
  11. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

This fucking nyah nyah cant touch this, we're a religion card is becoming a complete farce.

The US State Department should be ashamed.

U.S. Congressmen Trent Franks (R-Arizona) and Heath Shuler (D-North Carolina) should be impeached.
    • Like Like x 8
  13. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 7
  14. This is from Teh Blog of Teh Marty. I think he's suffering from amnesia about his own role in Scientology.
    • Like Like x 9
  15. Anonymous Member

16. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. pooks Member

I love reading entheta first thing in the morning.
    • Like Like x 11
  18. AnonLover Member

And then imprisoned his daughter! bastards.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. RightOn Member

WOW WOW OH WOW
    Everyone sing!!!
    Oh what a beatiful morning....
    oh what a beautiful day.....
    I've got a wonderful feeling....
    everything's headed our way!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RightOn Member

lllllllllllloooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee
    COS's responses and non responses?
    they sound SO credible!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Karin Pouw is a liar, just like Hubbard wanted his victims to be. His hold over people even in death is just like that of a pedophile over his child victims. And the sick fuck lives on in the Dwarf Miscavige, arguably worse.

I will see this cult collapse in my lifetime and piss on the ashes in the ruins of the last org.
    • Like Like x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  22. AnonLover Member

^^dam, beat me to it.
  23. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

spread this like cancer far and wide!
  25. RightOn Member

holy crap!!
    I love the added update of Tom Cruise/Stacy Francis B-day party tie in that Tony O did with Valeska's story with video!

"UPDATE: Here's a postscript for this story that just occurred to me. While you consider what Valeska Paris went through, cut off from her own family, unable to leave a ship she detested, keep in mind what was going on up on the fancier part of the vessel while she was being held there in 2004..."

NICE!
    • Like Like x 11
  26. Trev6 Member

Oh god, oh god, oh god...

...working on translation right the fuck now. Gonna make sure everybody around these parts hears about this.
    • Like Like x 14
  27. Australia rocks, this story would remain untouched here in the U.S. This young woman seems very determined to move on past this and expose this evil cult for what it is. I wish you all the best Valeska. Congratulations on taking such a courageous stand.

I'm sick of the disingenuous coward Marty Rathbun trying to capitalize in his blog on every abusive story that comes out about Scientology crimes when he was such a big part of it for decades including destroying evidence in the horrendous retrieval, guarded lockdown and eventual horrific death of Lisa Mcpherson 17 days later after following L. Ron Hubbard's insane and brutal Introspection Rundown.

Marty never had any problems with 'LRH' policies of disconnection, controlling abusive policies of the Cadet org. for children, locking people in rooms for Hubbard's introspection rundown, putting 'Ethics' in on members trying to leave or assaulting other members.

L. Ron Hubbard was a child abusing piece of shit who Marty Rathbun and his partner in crime, Mike Rinder who personally ordered many OSA abusive operations on wayward members himself, assaulted others and outright lied for LRH and Scientology as it's spokesperson for decades now continue to promote Hubbard's insane processing and ignore all of his personal abuses for their own benefit.

These two abusive pricks plan to take over Hubbard's 'Church' and what's left monetarily after Miscavige goes down. How dare them try to use the horror stories of abused victims to promote their agenda when they were cold, heartless abusers themselves for so long.

Hubbard's brutal policies are Scientology 'Scriptures' that can never be changed. It's disgusting the way these two manipulate former church members who finally have a chance to move on from years of Hubbard's insane processing with more of the same for their own personal profit.

Goodle: L. Ron Hubbard / Child Abuse
    • Like Like x 6
  28. Sponge Member

Step father I think.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Quite.

One would think it likely that Mike and Marty both attended shindigs on the Freewinds while this young lady was being held captive a few decks below them, and doing hard labour for their benefit.

So Marty's wholehearted "Welcome to Independent Scientology!" rings more than a little hollow to me.

Anyway, not trying to derail or anything. Moving on...
  30. subgenius Member

• Like Like x 13
  31. RightOn Member

yes! it would be so lovely if the media would ask Tom if he knew what was going on during his stay on the Freewinds for his birthday!
    you know the party that the Sea Orgers slaved away for and the one Stacy Francis sang at?
    Huh Tom? Did you know what was going on?
    Oh media please ask him!! LOL!!!!
    Of course his response would be from his "spokesperson handler" but it would be great to see this in the tabloids
    National Enquirer to the courtesy phone please!
    Even if they got no response from Tomcat, this story is SO rag paper juicyness!
    • Like Like x 1
  32. xenubarb Member

anon_ticktocksm.jpg
    • Like Like x 14
  33. RightOn Member

"THEY HOLD YOUR PASSPORT"

fa la la la la
    la la la la!
    • Like Like x 2
  34. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 4
  35. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 6
  36. If the claims are false, they can't be covered by the confidentiality agreement.

They can't have it both ways.
    • Like Like x 13
  37. Anonymous Member

who gives a shit about a "confidentiality agreement"?
    I thought those were not worth the paper they were written on?
    • Like Like x 4
  38. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 7
  39. RightOn Member

how many times is COS going to say that people are lying?
    answer= every single time
    does anyone have a tally of how many people they acused of lying after telling their stories to the media?
    • Like Like x 5